- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 878279, 4 pages
A Case Study of Nanofiltration Using an Irreversible Thermodynamics-Based Model
1Department of Petroleum & Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering, Sultan Qaboos University, Muscat 123, Oman
2Institute for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, University of Kashan, Kashan 87317-51167, Iran
Received 7 December 2011; Accepted 9 January 2012
Academic Editor: Z. Slanina
Copyright © 2012 G. R. Vakili-Nezhaad and Z. Akbari. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. C. Van Der Horst, J. M. K. Timmer, T. Robbertsen, and J. Leenders, “Use of nanofiltration for concentration and demineralization in the dairy industry: model for mass transport,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 104, no. 3, pp. 205–218, 1995.
- B. Cuartas-Uribe, M. I. Alcaina-Miranda, E. Soriano-Costa, and A. Bes-Piá, “Comparison of the behavior of two nanofiltration membranes for sweet whey demineralization,” Journal of Dairy Science, vol. 90, no. 3, pp. 1094–1101, 2007.
- B. Cuartas-Uribe, M. C. Vincent-Vela, S. Álvarez-Blanco, M. I. Alcaina-Miranda, and E. Soriano-Costa, “Nanofiltration of sweet whey and prediction of lactose retention as a function of permeate flux using the Kedem-Spiegler and Donnan Steric Partioning models,” Separation and Purification Technology, vol. 56, no. 1, pp. 38–46, 2007.
- A. L. Ahmad, M. F. Chong, and S. Bhatia, “Mathematical modeling and simulation of the multiple solutes system for nanofiltration process,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 253, no. 1-2, pp. 103–115, 2005.
- G. Vakili-Nezhaad and Z. Akbari, “Modification of the extended Spiegler-kedem model for simulation of multiple solute systems in nanofiltration process,” Desalination and Water Treatment, vol. 27, no. 1–3, pp. 189–196, 2011.