- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Mechanical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 915154, 10 pages
Exergy Assessment of Single Stage Solar Adsorption Refrigeration System Using ANN
Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Institute of Technology Calicut, Kerala 673601, India
Received 18 May 2012; Accepted 13 June 2012
Academic Editors: G. A. Britton and Y. He
Copyright © 2012 V. Baiju and C. Muraleedharan. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- E. E. Anyanwu, “Environmental pollution: restructuring the refrigeration industry as a way out,” Environment Protection Engineering, vol. 26, no. 4, pp. 17–27, 2000.
- E. E. Anyanwu, “Review of solid adsorption solar refrigerator I: an overview of the refrigeration cycle,” Energy Conversion and Management, vol. 44, no. 2, pp. 301–312, 2003.
- D. S. Jung and R. Radermacher, “Performance simulation of single-evaporator domestic refrigerators charged with pure and mixed refrigerants,” International Journal of Refrigeration, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 223–232, 1991.
- Y. S. Chang, M. S. Kim, and S. T. Ro, “Performance and heat transfer characteristics of hydrocarbon refrigerants in a heat pump system,” International Journal of Refrigeration, vol. 23, no. 3, pp. 232–242, 2000.
- K. Sumathy, K. H. Yeung, and L. Yong, “Technology development in the solar adsorption refrigeration systems,” Progress in Energy and Combustion Science, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 301–327, 2003.
- N. M. Khattab, “A novel solar-powered adsorption refrigeration module,” Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 24, no. 17-18, pp. 2747–2760, 2004.
- D. E. Chelghoum and A. Bejan, “Second law analysis of solar collector with energy storage capacity,” ASME Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, vol. 107, no. 3, pp. 244–251, 1985.
- A. F. Haught, “Physical consideration of solar energy conversion,” ASME Journal of Solar Energy Engineering, vol. 106, no. 1, pp. 3–15, 1984.
- M. Mohanraj, S. Jayaraj, and C. Muraleedharan, “Modeling of a direct expansion solar assisted heat pump using artificial neural networks,” International Journal of Green Energy, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 520–532, 2008.
- M. Mohanraj, S. Jayaraj, and C. Muraleedharan, “Exergy analysis of direct expansion solar-assisted heat pumps using artificial neural networks,” International Journal of Energy Research, vol. 33, no. 11, pp. 1005–1020, 2009.
- Y. H. Kuang, K. Sumathy, and R. Z. Wang, “Study on a direct-expansion solar-assisted heat pump water heating system,” International Journal of Energy Research, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 531–548, 2003.
- M. Hosoz and H. M. Ertunc, “Modelling of a cascade refrigeration system using artificial neural network,” International Journal of Energy Research, vol. 30, no. 14, pp. 1200–1215, 2006.
- S. A. Kalogirou and M. Bojic, “Artificial neural networks for the prediction of the energy consumption of a passive solar building,” Energy, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 479–491, 2000.
- A. Pacheco-Vega, M. Sen, K. T. Yang, and R. L. McClain, “Neural network analysis of fin-tube refrigerating heat exchanger with limited experimental data,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 44, no. 4, pp. 763–770, 2001.
- A. Palau, E. Velo, and L. Puigjaner, “Use of neural networks and expert systems to control a gas/solid sorption chilling machine,” International Journal of Refrigeration, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 59–66, 1999.
- A. Chouai, S. Laugier, and D. Richon, “Modeling of thermodynamic properties using neural networks: application to refrigerants,” Fluid Phase Equilibria, vol. 199, no. 1-2, pp. 53–62, 2002.
- H. Bechtler, M. W. Browne, P. K. Bansal, and V. Kecman, “New approach to dynamic modelling of vapour-compression liquid chillers: artificial neural networks,” Applied Thermal Engineering, vol. 21, no. 9, pp. 941–953, 2001.
- V. Baiju and C. Muraleedharan, “Prediction of performance parameters of single stage solar adsorption refrigeration system by ANN,” ISRN Journal of Thermodynamics, vol. 2012, Article ID 102376, 8 pages, 2012.
- S. A. Kalogirou, S. Panteliou, and A. Dentsoras, “Artificial neural networks used for the performance prediction of a thermosiphon solar water heater,” Renewable Energy, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 87–99, 1999.
- T. T. Chow, G. Q. Zhang, Z. Lin, and C. L. Song, “Global optimization of absorption chiller system by genetic algorithm and neural network,” Energy and Buildings, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 103–109, 2002.
- J. P. Holman, Experimental Methods For Engineers, McGraw-Hill, New Delhi, India, 7th edition, 2001.
- V. Baiju and C. Muraleedharan, “Performance study of a two stage solar adsorption refrigeration system,” International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology, vol. 3, pp. 5754–5764, 2011.