- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 923413, 8 pages
Recycled Old Corrugated Container Fibers for Wood-Fiber Cement Sheets
Forest Products Laboratory (LPF), Brazilian Forest Service (SFB), 70818-900 Brasília, DF, Brazil
Received 19 January 2012; Accepted 11 February 2012
Academic Editors: F. Castedo-Dorado and S. Yildiz
Copyright © 2012 Divino Eterno Teixeira. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. Moslemi, “Technology and market considerations for fiber cement composites,” in Proceedings of the 11th International Inorganic Bonded Fiber Composites Conference (IIBCC '08), Madrid, Spain, November 2008.
- S. Frybort, R. Mauritz, A. Teischinger, and U. Müller, “Cement bonded composites—a mechanical review,” BioResources, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 602–626, 2008.
- R. J. DeFoe, “Optimal refining conditions for development of OCC pulp properties,” TAPPI Journal, vol. 76, no. 2, pp. 157–161, 1993.
- J. A. G. O. Alda and J. A. Torrea, “Applications of recycled paper mills effluents to wood substitute products (RESPRO): executive Summary,” Oppidium, Universidad SEK, no. 2, pp. 381–398, 2006.
- R. S. P. Coutts, “Wastepaper fibres in cement products,” International Journal of Cement Composites and Lightweight Concrete, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 143–147, 1989.
- J. A. Fuwape, J. S. Fabiyi, and E. O. Osuntuyi, “Technical assessment of three layered cement-bonded boards produced from wastepaper and sawdust,” Waste Management, vol. 27, no. 11, pp. 1611–1616, 2007.
- G. Goroyias, R. Elias, and M. Fan, “Research into using recycled waste paper residues in construction products,” WRAP Project code: PAP009-011, The Waste & Resources Action Programm, Banbury, UK, 2004.
- P. Soroushian and Z. Shah, Reinforcement of Thin Cement Products with Recycled Wastepaper Fibers, College of Engineering, Michigan State University, 1993.
- A. H. Abdel-Kader and H. H. Darweesh, “Setting and hardening of agro/cement composites,” BioResources, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 43–54, 2010.
- R. Rocha Almeida, C. Henrique Soares Del Menezzi, and D. Eterno Teixeira, “Utilization of the coconut shell of babaçu (Orbignya sp.) to produce cement-bonded particleboard,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 85, no. 2, pp. 159–163, 2002.
- P. C. de Araújo, L. M. Arruda, C. H. S. Del Menezzi, D. E. Teixeira, and M. R. de Souza, “Lignocellulosic composites from Brazilian giant bamboo (Guadua magna). Part 2: properties of cement and gypsum bonded particleboards,” Maderas, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 297–306, 2011.
- A. H. Basta, M. Z. Sefain, and I. El-Rewainy, “Role of some treatments on enhancing the eco-friendly utilization of lignocellulosic wastes in production of cement-fiber bricks,” BioResources, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 1359–1375, 2011.
- A. A. Erakhrumen, S. E. Areghan, M. B. Ogunleye, S. L. Larinde, and O. O. Odeyale, “Selected physico-mechanical properties of cement-bonded particleboard made from pine (Pinus caribaea M.) sawdust-coir (Cocos nucifera L.) mixture,” Scientific Research and Essays, vol. 3, no. 5, pp. 197–203, 2008.
- J. M. Ferraz, C. H.S. del Menezzi, D. E. Teixeira, and S. A. Martins, “Effects of treatment of coir fiber and cement/fiber ratio on properties of cement-bonded composites,” BioResources, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 3481–3492, 2011.
- L. C. Roma Jr., L. S. Martello, and H. Savastano, “Evaluation of mechanical, physical and thermal performance of cement-based tiles reinforced with vegetable fibers,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 22, no. 4, pp. 668–674, 2008.
- Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry, Fiber Length of Pulp by Classification, TAPPI T 233 cm-82, TAPPI Press, Atlanta, Ga, USA, 1994.
- Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry, Freeness of Pulp, TAPPI T 227 om-94, TAPPI Press, Atlanta, Ga, USA, 1994.
- Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry, Kappa Number of Pulp, TAPPI T 236 cm-85, TAPPI Press, Atlanta, Ga, USA, 1994.
- Technical Association of the Pulp and Paper Industry, Laboratory Beating of Pulp (PFI mill method), TAPPI T 248 cm-85, TAPPI Press, Atlanta, Ga, USA, 1994.
- G. A. Smook and M. J. Kocurek, Eds., Handbook for Pulp and Paper Technologists, Joint Textbook Committee of the Paper Industry, Atlanta, Ga, usa, 1982.
- F. C. Jorge, C. Pereira, and J. M. F. Ferreira, “Wood-cement composites: a review,” Holz als Roh—und Werkstoff, vol. 62, no. 5, pp. 370–377, 2004.
- J. V. De Figueiredo Latorraca, D. E. Teixeira, and D. C. Batista, “Overlay of eucalyptus urophylla cement-bonded particleboard for application as flooring panels,” Forest Products Journal, vol. 59, no. 6, pp. 65–69, 2009.
- A. Miyatake, T. Fujii, Y. Hiramatsu, H. Abe, and M. Tonosaki, “Manufacture of wood strand-cement composite for structural purpose,” in Wood-Cement Composites in Asia-Pacific Region, P. D. Evans, Ed., pp. 148–152, ACIAR, Canberra, Australia, 2002.
- E. Y. A. Okino, M. R. De Souza, M. A. E. Santana, M. V. D. S. Alves, M. E. De Sousa, and D. E. Teixeira, “Physico-mechanical properties and decay resistance of Cupressus spp. cement-bonded particleboards,” Cement and Concrete Composites, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 333–338, 2005.
- E. Y. A. Okino, M. R. De Souza, M. A. E. Santana, M. V. D. S. Alves, M. E. De Sousa, and D. E. Teixeira, “Cement-bonded wood particleboard with a mixture of eucalypt and rubberwood,” Cement and Concrete Composites, vol. 26, no. 6, pp. 729–734, 2004.
- E. Y. A. Okino, M. R. Souza, M. A. E. Santana, M. E. Sousa, and D. E. Teixeira, “Cement-bonded particleboard of Hevea brasiliensis Müll. Arg. Revista Árvore, Viçosa-MG,” Müller Argoviensis Revista Árvore, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 451–457, 2004.
- A. N. Papadopoulos, “Decay resistance of cement bonded oriented strand board,” Journal of the Institute of Wood Science, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 109–111, 2008.
- A. N. Papadopoulos, G. A. Ntalos, and I. Kakaras, “Mechanical and physical properties of cement-bonded OSB,” Holz als Roh—und Werkstoff, vol. 64, no. 6, pp. 517–518, 2006.
- R. C. D. Santos, L. M. Mendes, F. A. Mori, and R. F. Mendes, “Use of candeia's (Eremanthus erythropappus) waste wood for wood-cement panels production,” Cerne, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 241–250, 2008.
- P. Soroushian, S. Marikunte, and J. P. Won, “Statistical evaluation of mechanical and physical properties of cellulose fiber reinforced cement composites,” ACI Materials Journal, vol. 92, no. 2, pp. 172–180, 1995.
- C. H. S. D. Meneéis, V. G. De Castro, and M. R. De Souza, “Production and properties of a medium density wood-cement boards produced with oriented strands and silica fume,” Maderas, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 105–115, 2007.
- E. J. Van Elten, “Properties, production and applications of cement bonded particle board (CBPB) and wood strand cement board,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Inorganic Bonded Fiber Composites Conference (IIBCC '06), São Paulo, Brazil, November 2006.
- G. J. Van Elten, “Production of wood wool cement board and wood strand cement board (eltoboard) on one plant and applications of the products,” in Proceedings of the 10th International Inorganic-Bonded Fiber Composites Conference (IIBCC '06), São Paulo, Brazil, November 2006.
- American Society for Testing and Materials, Standard Test Methods for Evaluating the Properties of Wood-Base Fiber and Particle Panel Materials, ASTM, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1985.
- SAS Institute Inc., SAS/STAT 9.1 User's Guide, SAS Institute, Cary, NC, USA, 2004.
- Bison Wood Cement Board. Bison-Report, p.10, 1978.
- CETRIS. Basic Properties of CETRIS Cement Bonded Particleboard, 2012, http://www.cetris.cz.
- NCL GROUP, Bison Panel Cement Bonded Particle Board—Technical Hand Book, NCL Group, Hyderabad, India, 2012.
- VERSAROC. VERSAROC cement-bonded particleboard, 2012, http://architecturalproducts.com/downloads/Versaroc%20Catalog.pdf.
- D. E. Teixeira, Evaluation of fiber refining and fractionating of recycled old corrugated containers (OCC) for wood-fiber cement boards, M.S. thesis, University of Idaho, Moscow, Russia, 1997.
- G. C. Silva, J. V. D. F. Latorraca, J. F. Do Carmo, and E. S. Ferreira, “Effect of minerals additives on the properties of wood cement-bonded particleboard,” Revista Arvore, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 451–456, 2006.