- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 926537, 6 pages
Rare Earth-Doped SrTio3 Perovskite Formation from Xerogels
1Department of Innovation Engineering, University of Salento, Via per Monteroni, 73100 Lecce, Italy
2Research Centre ENEL, Litoranea Salentina Brindisi-Casalabate, Cerano, 72020 Tuturano, Italy
3Salentec srl, Via dell’Esercito, 73020 Cavallino, Italy
Received 23 August 2012; Accepted 21 September 2012
Academic Editors: O. Dymshits and S. Gutzov
Copyright © 2012 Anastasia Rocca et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Yang, Y. Sun, and Y. Jiang, “Structure and photocatalytic property of perovskite and perovskite-related compounds,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 96, no. 2-3, pp. 234–239, 2006.
- F. S. Galasso, Perovskites and High Tc Superconductors, Gordon and Breach, New York, NY, USA, 1990.
- L. M. Feng, L. Q. Jiang, M. Zhu, H. B. Liu, X. Zhou, and C. H. Li, “Formability of ABO3 cubic perovskites,” Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, vol. 69, no. 4, pp. 967–974, 2008.
- A. S. Bhalla, R. Guo, and R. Roy, “The perovskite structure—a review of its role in ceramic science and technology,” Materials Research Innovations, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 3–26, 2000.
- V. Ravikumar, R. P. Rodrigues, and V. P. Dravid, “An investigation of acceptor-doped grain boundaries in SrTiO3,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 1799–1806, 1996.
- M. Leonhardt, J. Jamnik, and J. Maier, “In situ monitoring and quantitative analysis of oxygen diffusion through Schottky-barriers in SrTiO3 bicrystals,” Electrochemical and Solid-State Letters, vol. 2, no. 7, pp. 333–335, 1999.
- C. Tragut and K. H. Härdtl, “Kinetic behaviour of resistive oxygen sensors,” Sensors and Actuators, vol. 4, no. 3-4, pp. 425–429, 1991.
- S. N. Ruddlesden and P. Popper, “The compound Sr3TiO7 and its structure,” Acta Crystallographica, vol. 11, article 54, 1958.
- R. Wurm, O. Dernovsek, and P. Greil, “Sol-gel derived SrTiO3 and SrZrO3 coatings on SiC and C-fibers,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 34, no. 16, pp. 4031–4037, 1999.
- T. Kawada, T. Watanabe, A. Kaimai, K. I. Kawamura, Y. Nigara, and J. Mizusaki, “High temperature transport properties in SrTiO3 under an oxygen potential gradient,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 108, no. 1–4, pp. 391–402, 1998.
- W. Huang and S. Gopalan, “Bi-layer structures as solid oxide fuel cell interconnections,” Journal of Power Sources, vol. 154, no. 1, pp. 180–183, 2006.
- S. Steinsvik, T. Norby, and P. Kofstad, Electroceramics IV, Volume 2, Edited by R. Waser, S. Hoffmann, D. Bonnenberg, C. Hoffmann, Augustinus Buchhandlung, Aachen, Germany, 1994.
- T. Norby and Y. Larring, “Concentration and transport of protons in oxides,” British Ceramic Proceedings, vol. 56, pp. 83–93, 1996.
- K. D. Kreuer, “On the development of proton conducting materials for technological applications,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 97, no. 1–4, pp. 1–15, 1997.
- K. Li, Ceramic Membranes for Separation and Reaction, John Wiley & Sons, 2007.
- J. Robertson, “Energy levels of point defects in SrTiO3 and related oxides,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 93, no. 2, pp. 1054–1059, 2003.
- R. K. Astala and P. D. Bristowe, “Ab initio calculations of doping mechanisms in SrTiO3,” Modelling and Simulation in Materials Science and Engineering, vol. 12, no. 1, pp. 79–90, 2004.
- S. Hui and A. Petric, “Electrical conductivity of yttrium-doped SrTiO3: influence of transition metal additives,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 37, no. 7, pp. 1215–1231, 2002.
- B. D. Cullity, Elements of X-Ray Diffraction, Addison-Wesley, 2nd edition, 1978.
- AA.VV., Annual Book of ASTM Standards, E92-82, ASTM, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1995.
- O. A. Marina, N. L. Canfield, and J. W. Stevenson, “Thermal, electrical, and electrocatalytical properties of lanthanum-doped strontium titanate,” Solid State Ionics, vol. 149, no. 1-2, pp. 21–28, 2002.
- Y. Somiya, A. S. Bhalla, and L. E. Cross, “Study of (Sr, Pb)TiO3 ceramics on dielectric and physical properties,” International Journal of Inorganic Materials, vol. 3, no. 7, pp. 709–714, 2001.
- S. Yamanaka, K. Kurosaki, T. Maekawa, T. Matsuda, S. I. Kobayashi, and M. Uno, “Thermochemical and thermophysical properties of alkaline-earth perovskites,” Journal of Nuclear Materials, vol. 344, no. 1–3, pp. 61–66, 2005.