- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 927923, 5 pages
Rheumatological Findings in Candidates for Valvular Heart Surgery
1Department of Medicine, Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, Yazd, Iran
2Department of Cardiac Surgery, Afshar Hospital, Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, Yazd, Iran
3Department of Medicine, Ali ben Abitaleb Medical College, Islamic Azad University, Yazd, Iran
4Yazd Cardiovascular Research Center, Afshar Hospital, Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Sciences and Health Services, Yazd, Iran
Received 27 August 2012; Accepted 3 October 2012
Academic Editors: M. G. Danieli and O. Sander
Copyright © 2012 Mohammad Bagher Owlia et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. A. Nishimura, B. A. Carabello, D. P. Faxon et al., “ACC/AHA 2008 guideline update on valvular heart disease: focused update on infective endocarditis: a report of the American college of cardiology/American heart association task force on practice guidelines endorsed by the society of cardiovascular anesthesiologists, society for cardiovascular angiography and interventions, and society of thoracic surgeons,” Journal of the American College of Cardiology, vol. 52, no. 8, pp. 676–685, 2008.
- R. O. Bonow, B. A. Carabello, K. Chatterjee et al., “2008 focused update incorporated into the ACC/AHA 2006 guidelines for the management of patients with valvular heart disease: a report of the American college of cardiology/American heart association task force on practice guidelines (writing committee to revise the 1998 guidelines for the management of patients with valvular heart disease): endorsed by the society of cardiovascular anesthesiologists, society for cardiovascular angiography and interventions, and society of thoracic surgeons,” Circulation, vol. 118, no. 15, pp. e523–e661, 2008.
- C. M. Otto and R. O. Bonow, “Valvular heart disease,” in Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine, D. P. Zipes, P. Libby, R. O. Bonow, and E. Braunwald, Eds., chapter 62, pp. 1322–1326, WB Saunders, St. Louis, Mo, USA, 8th edition, 2007.
- G. Kitas, M. J. Banks, and P. A. Bacon, “Cardiac involvement in rheumatoid disease,” Clinical Medicine, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 18–21, 2001.
- J. T. Giles, S. J. Bartlett, R. Andersen, R. Thompson, K. R. Fontaine, and J. M. Bathon, “Association of body fat with C-reactive protein in rheumatoid arthritis,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 58, no. 9, pp. 2632–2641, 2008.
- M. B. Owlia, “Acute rheumatic fever, an acute or a chronic joint disease?” Journal of Shahid Sadoughi University of Medical Sciences, vol. 19, pp. 561–567, 2011.
- M. B. Owlia, “Clinical spectrum of connective tissue disorders,” Journal, Indian Academy of Clinical Medicine, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 217–224, 2006.
- M. B. Owlia and G. Mehrpoor, “Behcet's disease: new concepts in cardiovascular involvements and future direction for treatment,” ISRN Pharmacology, vol. 2012, Article ID 760484, 13 pages, 2012.
- D. Horstkotte, R. Niehues, and B. E. Strauer, “Pathomorphological aspects, aetiology and natural history of acquired mitral valve stenosis,” European Heart Journal, vol. 12, pp. 55–60, 1991.
- M. Penmetcha, S. W. Rosenbush, and C. A. Harris, “Cardiac valvular disease in scleroderma and systemic lupus erythematosus/scleroderma overlap associated with antiphospholipid antibodies,” Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 23, no. 12, pp. 2171–2174, 1996.
- R. D. Leff, R. N. Hellman, and C. J. Mullany, “Acute aortic insufficiency associated with Wegener granulomatosis,” Mayo Clinic Proceedings, vol. 74, no. 9, pp. 897–899, 1999.
- C. W. Lee, J. Lee, W. K. Lee et al., “Aortic valve involvement in behçet's disease. A clinical study of 9 patients,” Korean Journal of Internal Medicine, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 51–56, 2002.
- M. E. Evangelopoulos, M. Alevizaki, S. Toumanidis et al., “Mitral valve prolapse in systemic lupus erythematosus patients: clinical and immunological aspects,” Lupus, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 308–311, 2003.
- K. Maksimowicz-McKinnon and B. F. Mandell, “Understanding valvular heart disease in patients with systemic autoimmune diseases,” Cleveland Clinic Journal of Medicine, vol. 71, no. 11, pp. 881–885, 2004.
- A. Doria, L. Iaccarino, P. Sarzi-Puttini, F. Atzeni, M. Turriel, and M. Petri, “Cardiac involvement in systemic lupus erythematosus,” Lupus, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 683–686, 2005.
- F. Tenedios, D. Erkan, and M. D. Lockshin, “Cardiac involvement in the antiphospholipid syndrome,” Lupus, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 691–696, 2005.
- F. Atzeni, P. Sarzi-Puttini, A. Doria, L. Boiardi, N. Pipitone, and C. Salvarani, “Behçet's disease and cardiovascular involvement,” Lupus, vol. 14, no. 9, pp. 723–726, 2005.
- G. Kamiński, K. Makowski, M. Dziuk et al., “Degenerative valvular and left ventricle structural changes in echocardiography in patients with rheumatoid arthritis,” Polski Merkuriusz Lekarski, vol. 18, no. 107, pp. 496–498, 2005.
- A. E. Voskuyl, “The heart and cardiovascular manifestations in rheumatoid arthritis,” Rheumatology, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. iv4–iv7, 2006.
- L. Guilherme, K. F. Köhler, and J. Kalil, “Rheumatic heart disease. Mediation by complex immune events,” Advances in Clinical Chemistry, vol. 53, pp. 31–50, 2011.
- M. B. Santiago, S. M. M. Dourado, N. O. Silva et al., “Valvular heart disease in systemic lupus erythematosus and Jaccoud's arthropathy,” Rheumatology International, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 49–52, 2011.
- F. Gabrielli, E. Alcini, M. A. Di Prima, G. Mazzacurati, and C. Masala, “Cardiac valve involvement in systemic lupus erythematosus and primary antiphospholipid syndrome: lack of correlation with antiphospholipid antibodies,” International Journal of Cardiology, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 117–126, 1995.
- T. Neumann, B. Manger, M. Schmid et al., “Cardiac involvement in churg-strauss syndrome: impact of endomyocarditis,” Medicine, vol. 88, no. 4, pp. 236–243, 2009.
- A. P. Beckhauser, L. Vallin, C. J. Burkievcz, S. Perreto, M. B. Silva, and T. L. Skare, “Valvular involvement in patients with rheumatoid arthritis,” Acta Reumatologica Portuguesa, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 52–56, 2009.