- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Artificial Intelligence
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 929085, 6 pages
Generalized Fuzzy C-Means Clustering with Improved Fuzzy Partitions and Shadowed Sets
1Machine Vision Laboratory, Computer Engineering Department, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad 9177948944, Iran
2Departments of Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering, Ferdowsi University of Mashhad, Mashhad 9177948944, Iran
Received 13 September 2011; Accepted 18 October 2011
Academic Editor: I. Buciu
Copyright © 2012 Seyed Mohsen Zabihi and Mohammad-R Akbarzadeh-T. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. Ng and J. Han, “Efficient and effective clustering methods for spatial data mining,” in Proceedings of the 20th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB '94), pp. 144–155, Santiago, Chile, 1994.
- J. C. Bezdek, R. J. Hathaway, M. J. Sabin, and W. T. Tucker, “Convergence theory for fuzzy c-means: counterexamples and repairs,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 873–877, 1987.
- G. Karypis, E. H. Han, and V. Kumar, “Chameleon: hierarchical clustering using dynamic modeling,” Computer, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 68–75, 1999.
- T. Zhang, R. Ramakrishnan, and M. Livny, “BIRCH: a new data clustering algorithm and its applications,” Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery, vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 141–182, 1997.
- G. Sheikholeslami, S. Chatterjee, and A. Zhang, “WaveCluster: a multiresolution clustering approach for very large spatial databases,” in Proceedings of the 24th International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB '98), pp. 428–439, New York, NY, USA, 1998.
- Y. Xiu, S. T. Wang, X. Wu, and D. Hu, “The directional similarity-based clustering method DSCM,” Journal of Computer Research and Development, vol. 43, no. 8, pp. 1425–1431, 2006 (Chinese).
- F. L. Chung, S. T. Wang, M. Xu, D. Hu, and Q. Lin, “Possibility theoretic clustering and its preliminary application to large image segmentation,” Soft Computing, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 103–113, 2007.
- J. L. Fan, W. Z. Zhen, and W. X. Xie, “Suppressed fuzzy c-means clustering algorithm,” Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 24, no. 9-10, pp. 1607–1612, 2003.
- J. C. Bezdek, Pattern Recognition With Fuzzy Objective Function Algorithms, Plenum, New York, NY, USA, 1981.
- F. Höppner and F. Klawonn, “Improved fuzzy partitions for fuzzy regression models,” International Journal of Approximate Reasoning, vol. 32, no. 2, pp. 85–102, 2003.
- C. Hwang and F. Rhee, “Uncertain fuzzy clustering: interval type-2 fuzzy approach to C-means,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 107–120, 2007.
- L. Zhu, F.-L. Chung, and S. Wang, “Generalized fuzzy C-means clustering algorithm with improved fuzzy partitions,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B: Cybernetics, vol. 39, no. 3, pp. 578–591, 2009.
- F. Höppner and F. Klawonn, “A contribution to convergence theory of fuzzy c-means and derivatives,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 682–694, 2003.
- L. Xu, A. Krzyzak, and E. Oja, “Rival penalized competitive learning for clustering analysis, RBF net, and curve detection,” IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 636–649, 1993.
- W. Pedrycz, “Shadowed sets: representing and processing fuzzy sets,” IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics, Part B: Cybernetics, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 103–109, 1998.
- W. Pedrycz and G. Vukovich, “Granular computing with shadowed sets,” International Journal of Intelligent Systems, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 173–197, 2002.
- W. Pedycz, “Shadow sets: bridging fuzzy and rough sets,” in Rough Fuzzy Hybridization: A New Trend in Decision-Making, S. K. Pal and A. Skowron, Eds., Springer, Singapore, 1999.
- M. Niemeijer and B. van Ginneken, http://www.isi.uu.nl/Research/Databases/DRIVE/results.php, 2002.
- T. Ojala, M. Pietikèinen, and T. Mèenpaèa, “Multiresolution gray-scale and rotation invariant texture classification with local binary patterns,” IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 971–987, 2002.
- S. H. Rezatofighi, A. Roodaki, and H. A. Noubari, “An enhanced segmentation of blood vessels in retinal images using Contourlet,” in Proceedings of the 30th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBS '08), pp. 3530–3533, August 2008.