- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 932163, 3 pages
The Vitiligo in Senegal
1Department of Dermatology, Aristide Le Dantec Hospital, BP 3001, Dakar, Senegal
2Department of Dermatology, Institut d’Hygiène Sociale, Dakar, Senegal
Received 22 August 2011; Accepted 20 September 2011
Academic Editors: S. Husz and A. K. Kurban
Copyright © 2012 S. O. Niang et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. J. Nordlund, “The epidemiology and genetics of vitiligo,” Clinics in Dermatology, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 875–878, 1997.
- E. H. Kemp, E. A. Waterman, and A. P. Weetman, “Autoimmune aspects of vitiligo,” Autoimmunity, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 65–77, 2001.
- W. J. Cunliffe, R. Hall, D. J. Newell, and C. J. Stevenson, “Vitiligo, thyroid disease and autoimmunity,” British Journal of Dermatology, vol. 80, no. 3, pp. 135–139, 1968.
- C. Betterle, A. Caretto, and A. De Zio, “Incidence and significance of organ-specific autoimmune disorders (clinical, latent or only autoantibodies) in patients with vitiligo,” Dermatologica, vol. 171, no. 6, pp. 419–423, 1985.
- V. N. Sehgal, V. L. Rege, and F. Mascarenhas, “Clinical patern of vitiligo amongst Indian,” The Journal of Dermatology, vol. 3, pp. 49–53, 1976.
- D. B. Mosher, T. B. Fitzpatrick, Y. Hori, and J. P. Ortonne, “Disorders of pigmentation,” in Dermatologie in General Medecine, T. B. Fitzpatrick, A. Eisen, and K. Wolff, Eds., pp. 903–995, Macgrow-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- P. K. Kar, “Vitiligo: a study of 120 cases,” Indian Journal of Dermatology, vol. 67, pp. 302–304, 2001.
- A. M. Boisseau-Garsaud, P. Garsaud, D. Calès-Quist, R. Hélénon, C. Quénéhervé, and R. C. S. Claire, “Epidemiology of vitiligo in the French West Indies (Isle of Martinique),” International Journal of Dermatology, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 18–20, 2000.
- M. Q. Jaigirdar, S. M. Alam, and A. Z. Maidul, “Clinical presentation of vitiligo,” Mymensingh Medical Journal, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 79–81, 2002.
- Y. Jin, C. M. Mailloux, K. Gowan et al., “NALP1 in vitiligo-associated multiple autoimmune disease,” New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 356, no. 12, pp. 1216–1225, 2007.
- L. Papadopoulos, R. Bor, and C. Legg, “Coping with the disfiguring effects of vitiligo: a preliminary investigation into the effects of cognitive-behavioural therapy,” British Journal of Medical Psychology, vol. 72, no. 3, pp. 385–396, 1999.
- L. Papadopoulos, R. Bor, C. Legg, and J. L. M. Hawk, “Impact of life events on the onset of vitiligo in adults: preliminary evidence for a psychological dimension in aetiology,” Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 243–248, 1998.
- Y. Gauthier, “The importance of Koebner's phenomenon in the induction of vitiligo vulgaris lesions,” European Journal of Dermatology, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 704–708, 1995.
- I. Maria, M. D. Barona, and A. Adriana, “An epidemiologic case-control study in a population with vitiligo,” Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, vol. 33, pp. 625–655, 1995.
- J. P. Ortonne and E. Grosshans, “Les troubles de la pigmentation cutanée,” in Dermatologie et Maladies Sexuellement Transmissibles, J. H. Saurat, E. Grosshans, P. Laugier, and J.M. Lachapelle, Eds., pp. 407–426, Masson, Paris, France, 1999.
- S. Handa and I. Kaur, “Vitiligo: clinical findings in 1436 patients,” Journal of Dermatology, vol. 26, no. 10, pp. 653–657, 1999.
- P. K. Kar, “Vitiligo : a study of 120 cases,” Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology, vol. 67, pp. 302–304, 2001.