- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Physical Chemistry
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 943429, 12 pages
Theoretical Evaluation of Ultrasonic Velocities in Binary Liquid Mixtures of Anisaldehyde with Some Alcoxyethanols at Different Temperatures
Department of Chemistry, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Dr. M.R.Appa Rao Campus, Nuzvid, Krishna District, Andhra Pradesh 521201, India
Received 25 September 2012; Accepted 11 October 2012
Academic Editors: A. Tilocca and M. Tsige
Copyright © 2012 Zareena Begum et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. V. Rama Rao, A. Viswanatha Sarma, J. Siva Rama Krishna, and C. Rambabu, “Theoretical evaluation of ultrasonic velocities in binary liquid mixtures of o-chlorophenol at different temperatures,” Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 345–354, 2005.
- P. Vasantharani, S. Muthu Shailaja, A. N. Kannappan, and R. Ezhil Pavai, “Theoretical evaluation of ultrasonic velocity in organic liquid mixtures,” Journal of Applied Sciences, vol. 8, no. 12, pp. 2329–2332, 2008.
- J. D. Pandey, A. K. Singh, and R. Dey, “Novel approach for prediction of ultrasonic velocity in quaternary liquid mixtures,” Pramana, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 135–139, 2005.
- J. D. Pandey, R. Dey, and D. K. Dwivedi, “Ultrasonic velocity of binary systems at elevated pressures,” Pramana, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 187–193, 1999.
- T. Sumathi and J. U. Maheswari, “Ultrasonic and theoretical studies of some ternary liquid mixtures at Various temperatures,” Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, vol. 47, no. 11, pp. 782–786, 2009.
- S. Baluja and S. Oza, “Studies of some acoustical properties in binary solutions,” The Journal of Pure and Applied Ultrasonics, vol. 24, p. 580, 2002.
- A. Ali, A. Yasmin, and A. K. Nain, “Study of intermolecular interactions in binary liquid mixtures through ultrasonic speed measurement,” Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 315–322, 2002.
- M. Rastogi, A. Awasthi, M. Gupta, and J. P. Shukla, “Ultrasonic investigations of X...HO bond complexes,” Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 256–263, 2002.
- A. Ali, A. K. Nain, and S. Hyder, “Ultrasonic study of molecular interaction in binary liquid mixtures at 308.15,” Journal of Pure and Applied Ultrasonics, vol. 23, p. 73, 2001.
- O. Nomoto, Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 4, p. 280, 1949.
- O. Nomoto, “Empirical Formula for Sound Velocity in Liquid Mixtures,” Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 13, pp. 1528–1532, 1958.
- W. van Dael and E . Vangeel, in Proceedings of the International Conference on Calorimetry and Thermodynamics, p. 555, Warsaw, Poland, 1955.
- S. Baluja and R. H. Parsania, “Studies on acoustical properties of diclofanac sodium methanol-water system at 30°C,” Asian Journal of Chemistry, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 149–152, 1997.
- K. Rayapa Reddy, D. Bala Karuna Kumar, C. Rambabu, and G. Srinivasa Rao, “Theoretical evaluation of ultrasonic velocities in binary liquid mixtures of N-Methyl-2-pyrrolidone at different temperatures with Some cyclic compounds,” E-Journal of Chemistry, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 553–562, 2012.
- Z. Junjie, Journal of University of Science and Technology of China, vol. 14, p. 298, 1984.
- R. T. Langeman and J .E. Correy, “Velocity of sound as a bond property,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 10, no. 12, p. 759, 1942.
- G. R. Rendall, “Dispersion of sound velocity in some alcohols,” Proceedings of the Indian Academy of Sciences A, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 369–378, 1942.
- D. Auslander and L. Onitni, Acustica, vol. 24, p. 205, 1971.
- K. Samal and S. C. Misra, “Ultrasonic absorption in binary mixtures of carbon disulphide in comparison with Bauer's theory,” Journal of the Physical Society of Japan, vol. 32, no. 6, pp. 1615–1618, 1972.
- R. A. Aziz and D. H. Bowman, “The law of corresponding states as applied to sound velocity in liquids consisting of elliptical molecules,” Canadian Journal of Physics, vol. 50, no. 7, pp. 721–727, 1972.
- G. R. Poole, R. A. Aziz, and C. C. Lim, “An examination of the relationship between sound velocity and density in liquids,” Canadian Journal of Physics, vol. 50, pp. 646–654, 1972.
- B. A. Younglove, “Speed of sound in fluid parahydrogen,” Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, vol. 38, pp. 433–438, 1965.
- A. Prash, S. Prakash, and Q. Prakash, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, vol. 55, p. 114, 1985.
- R. Sabeson, Natarajan, and R. Varadha Rajan, Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, vol. 25, p. 489, 1987.
- A. Pal and Y. P. Singh, “Excess molar volumes and apparent molar volumes of some amide + water systems at 303.15 and 308.15 K,” Journal of Chemical & Engineering Data, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 818–822, 1995.
- J. A. Reddick, W. B. Bungar, and T . Sakano, Organic Solvents: Physical Properties and Methods of Purification, Wiley-Interscience, New York, NY, USA, 4th edition, 1986.
- M. J. Blandamer and D. Waddington, “Analysis of sound velocities in aqueous mixtures in terms of excess isentropic compressibilities,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 74, no. 12, pp. 2569–2570, 1970.
- S. Gunasekaran, S. Seshadri, S. Muthu, S. Kumaresan, and R. Arunbalaji, “Vibrational spectroscopy investigation using ab initio and density functional theory on p-anisaldehyde,” Spectrochimica Acta A, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 550–556, 2008.
- P. S. Nikam, B. S. Jagdale, A. B. Sawant, and M. Hasan, Journal of Pure and Applied Ultrasonics, vol. 22, p. 115, 2000.
- A. Ali and A. K. Nain, “Study of molecular interactions in non-aqueous binary liquid mixtures through ultrasonic measurements,” Journal of Pure and Applied Ultrasonics, vol. 22, p. 10, 2000.
- A. Ali, A. K. Nain, V. K. Sharma, and S. Ahmad, “Molecular interactions in binary mixtures of tetrahydrofuran with alkanols (C6,C8,C10): an ultrasonic and volumetric study,” Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics, vol. 42, no. 9, pp. 666–673, 2004.