- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 948219, 4 pages
An Inexpensive Route to Synthesize High-Purity for EMI Shielding in X-Band Frequencies
1Magnetic Standards, National Physical Laboratory, Dr. K. S. Krishnan Road, New Delhi 110 012, India
2Department of Physics, Hindu College, University of Delhi, Delhi 110007, India
Received 19 December 2011; Accepted 12 January 2012
Academic Editors: N. Bahlawane and N. Martin
Copyright © 2012 Vivek Verma et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Ji, G. J. Strijkers, F. Y. Yang et al., “Determination of the spin polarization of half-metallic CrO2 by point contact Andreev reflection,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 86, no. 24, pp. 5585–5588, 2001.
- R. J. Soulen Jr., J. M. Byers, M. S. Osofsky et al., “Measuring the spin polarization of a metal with a superconducting point contact,” Science, vol. 282, no. 5386, pp. 85–88, 1998.
- R. A. de Groot, F. M. Mueller, P. G. V. Engen, and K. H. J. Buschow, “New class of materials: half-metallic ferromagnets,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 50, no. 25, pp. 2024–2027, 1983.
- H. Y. Hwang and S. W. Cheong, “Enhanced intergrain tunneling magnetoresistance in half-metallic CrO2 films,” Science, vol. 278, no. 5343, pp. 1607–1609, 1997.
- R. M. Costescu, D. G. Cahill, F. H. Fabreguette, Z. A. Sechrist, and S. M. George, “Ultra-low thermal conductivity in W/Al2O3 nanolaminates,” Science, vol. 303, no. 5660, pp. 989–990, 2004.
- S. Biswas and S. Ram, “Synthesis of shape-controlled ferromagnetic CrO2 nanoparticles by reaction in micelles of Cr6+–PVA polymer chelates,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 100, no. 1, pp. 6–9, 2006.
- C. R. Paul, Introduction to Electromagnetic Compatibility, Wiley, New York, NY, USA, 1992.
- Y. Naito and K. Suetaki, “Application of ferrite to electromagnetic wave absorber and its characteristics,” IEEE Transactions on Microwave Theory and Techniques, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 65–72, 1971.
- H. M. Musal and H. T. Hahn, “Thin-layer electromagnetic absorber design,” IEEE Transactions on Magnetics, vol. 25, no. 5, pp. 3851–3853, 1989.
- C. A. Grimes and D. M. Grimes, “A brief discussion of EMI shielding materials,” in Proceedings of the IEEE Aerospace Applications Conference, pp. 217–226, Steamboat Springs, Colo, USA, January 1993.
- K. J. Vinoy and R. M. Jha, “Trends in radar absorbing materials technology,” Sadhana, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 815–850, 1995.
- E. F. Knott, J. F. Shaeffer, and M. T. Tuley, Radar Cross Section, Artech House, Boston, Mass, USA, 1993.
- B. L. Chamberland, “Chemical rubber company critical reviews in solid state and materials sciences,” Critical Reviews in Solid State and Materials Sciences, vol. 7, no. 1, 1977.
- A. Bajpai and A. K. Nigam, Nigam, Indian Patent Appl. No. 783/MUM/2002 and International patent application filed with PCT Appl. No. PCT/IN03/ 00278.
- A. Bajpai and A. K. Nigam, “Synthesis of high-purity samples of CrO2 by a simple route,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 87, no. 22, Article ID 222502, pp. 1–3, 2005.
- P. Norby, A. N. Christensen, H. Fjellvåg, and M. Nielsen, “The crystal structure of Cr8O21 determined from powder diffraction data: thermal transformation and magnetic properties of a chromium-chromate-tetrachromate,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 94, no. 2, pp. 281–293, 1991.
- A. Ohlan, K. Singh, A. Chandra, and S. K. Dhawan, “Microwave absorption properties of conducting polymer composite with barium ferrite nanoparticles in 12.4-18 GHz,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 93, no. 5, Article ID 053114, 2008.
- B.-W. Li, Y. Shen, Z.-X. Yue, and C.-W. Nan, “Enhanced microwave absorption in nickel/hexagonal-ferrite/polymer composites,” Applied Physics Letters, vol. 89, no. 13, Article ID 132504, 3 pages, 2006.
- K. Singh, A. Ohlan, R. K. Kotnala, A. K. Bakhshi, and S. K. Dhawan, “Dielectric and magnetic properties of conducting ferromagnetic composite of polyaniline with γ-Fe2O3 nanoparticles,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 112, no. 2, pp. 651–658, 2008.
- S. P. Gairola, V. Verma, L. Kumar, M. A Dar, S. Annapoorni, and R. K. Kotnala, “Enhanced microwave absorption properties in polyaniline and nano-ferrite composite in X-band,” Synthetic Metals, vol. 160, no. 21-22, pp. 2315–2318, 2010.