- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 949086, 6 pages
Integration of Digital Dental Casts in Cone-Beam Computed Tomography Scans
1Department of Orthodontics and Craniofacial Biology, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, 309 Dentistry, P.O. Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
2Department of Oral and Craniomaxillofacial Surgery, Radboud University Nijmegen Medical Centre, Postal Number 590, P.O. Box 9101, 6500 HB Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Received 12 June 2012; Accepted 30 August 2012
Academic Editors: M. Behr and S.-C. Choi
Copyright © 2012 Frits A. Rangel et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. K. Mah, J. C. Huang, and H. Choo, “Practical applications of cone-beam computed tomography in orthodontics,” Journal of the American Dental Association, vol. 141, no. 10, pp. 7S–13S, 2010.
- S. J. Merrett, N. A. Drage, and P. Durning, “Cone beam computed tomography: a useful tool in orthodontic diagnosis and treatment planning,” Journal of Orthodontics, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 202–210, 2009.
- J. Mah and A. Bumann, “Technology to create the three-dimensional patient record,” Seminars in Orthodontics, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 251–257, 2001.
- J. M. Plooij, T. J. J. Maal, P. Haers, W. A. Borstlap, A. M. Kuijpers-Jagtman, and S. J. Bergé, “Digital three-dimensional image fusion processes for planning and evaluating orthodontics and orthognathic surgery. A systematic review,” International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 40, no. 4, pp. 341–352, 2011.
- J. Gateno, J. J. Xia, J. F. Teichgraeber et al., “Clinical feasibility of computer-aided surgical simulation (CASS) in the treatment of complex cranio-maxillofacial deformities,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 65, no. 4, pp. 728–734, 2007.
- J. Uechi, M. Okayama, T. Shibata et al., “A novel method for the 3-dimensional simulation of orthognathic surgery by using a multimodal image-fusion technique,” American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, vol. 130, no. 6, pp. 786–798, 2006.
- H. Noh, W. Nabha, J. H. Cho, and H. S. Hwang, “Registration accuracy in the integration of laser-scanned dental images into maxillofacial cone-beam computed tomography images,” American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, vol. 140, no. 4, pp. 585–591, 2011.
- P. S. Fleming, V. Marinho, and A. Johal, “Orthodontic measurements on digital study models compared with plaster models: a systematic review,” Orthodontics and Craniofacial Research, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 1–16, 2011.
- T. Komori, T. Takato, and K. Yokoyama, “Integration of dental models in a three-dimensional replica,” Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 621–624, 1995.
- G. R. J. Swennen, W. Mollemans, C. De Clercq et al., “A cone-beam computed tomography triple scan procedure to obtain a three-dimensional augmented virtual skull model appropriate for orthognathic surgery planning,” Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. 297–307, 2009.
- E. Nkenke, S. Zachow, M. Benz et al., “Fusion of computed tomography data and optical 3D images of the dentition for streak artefact correction in the simulation of orthognathic surgery,” Dentomaxillofacial Radiology, vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 226–232, 2004.
- G. H. Golub and C. F. Van Loan, Matrix Computations, The Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, Md, USA, 1996.
- S. Inal, N. Yilmaz, C. Nisbet, and T. Güvenç, “Biochemical and histopathological findings of N-Butyl-2-Cyanoacrylate in oral surgery: an experimental study,” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology and Endodontology, vol. 102, no. 6, pp. e14–e17, 2006.
- G. A. Greenhill and B. O'Regan, “Incidence of hypertrophic and keloid scars after N-butyl 2-cyanoacrylate tissue adhesive had been used to close parotidectomy wounds: a prospective study of 100 consecutive patients,” British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 47, no. 4, pp. 290–293, 2009.
- T. J. J. Maal, J. M. Plooij, F. A. Rangel, W. Mollemans, F. A. C. Schutyser, and S. J. Bergé, “The accuracy of matching three-dimensional photographs with skin surfaces derived from cone-beam computed tomography,” International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, vol. 37, no. 7, pp. 641–646, 2008.
- F. Maes, A. Collignon, D. Vandermeulen, G. Marchal, and P. Suetens, “Multimodality image registration by maximization of mutual information,” IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 187–198, 1997.