- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Chemical Engineering
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 954869, 7 pages
Effect of Sintering Temperatures on the Synthesis of Nanospheres
1Material Science and Electrochemistry Research Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, Shivaji University, Kolhapur 416004, India
2Chemical Engineering Division, Institute of Chemical Technology, Matunga, Mumbai 400019, India
3Inorganic Nano-Material Laboratory, Department of Chemistry, Hanyang University, Seoul 133-791, Republic of Korea
Received 17 February 2012; Accepted 6 March 2012
Academic Editors: R. M. Leblanc, L. Liotta, and I. Poulios
Copyright © 2012 Bharat G. Pawar et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. J. Ahn, H. C. Choi, K. W. Park, S. B. Kim, and Y. E. Sung, “Investigation of the structural and electrochemical properties of size-controlled SnO2 nanoparticles,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 108, no. 28, pp. 9815–9820, 2004.
- J. Zhu, Z. Lu, S. T. Aruna, D. Aurbach, and A. Gedanken, “Sonochemical synthesis of SnO2 nanoparticles and their preliminary study as li insertion electrodes,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 12, no. 9, pp. 2557–2566, 2000.
- B. Cheng, J. M. Russell, W. Shi, L. Zhang, and E. T. Samulski, “Large-scale, solution-phase growth of single-crystalline SnO2 nanorods,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 126, no. 19, pp. 5972–5973, 2004.
- A. Kay and M. Gratzel, “Dye-sensitized core-shell nanocrystals: improved efficiency of mesoporous tin oxide electrodes coated with a thin layer of an insulating oxide,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 14, no. 7, pp. 2930–2935, 2002.
- G. Micocci, A. Serra, P. Siciliano, A. Tepore, and Z. A. Adib, “CO sensing characteristics of reactively sputtered SnO2 thin films prepared under different oxygen partial pressure values,” Vacuum, vol. 47, no. 10, pp. 1175–1177, 1996.
- V. Demarne and A. Grisel, “A new temperature deposition technique for integrated sensors,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 15-16, pp. 63–67, 1993.
- S. H. Park, Y. C. Son, W. S. Willis, S. L. Suib, and K. E. Creasy, “Tin oxide films made by physical vapor deposition-thermal oxidation and spray pyrolysis,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 10, no. 9, pp. 2389–2398, 1998.
- C. Goebbert, M. A. Aegerter, D. Burgard, R. Nass, and H. Schmidt, “Ultrafiltration conducting membranes and coatings from redispersable, nanoscaled, crystalline SnO2: Sb particles,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 253–258, 1999.
- C. Terrier, J. P. Chatelon, R. Berjoan, and J. A. Roger, “Sb-doped SnO2 transparent conducting oxide from the sol-gel dip-coating technique,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 263, no. 1, pp. 37–41, 1995.
- A. Gamard, O. Babot, B. Jousseaume, M. C. Rascle, T. Toupance, and G. Campet, “Conductive F-doped tin dioxide sol—gel materials from fluorinated β-diketonate tin(IV) complexes. Characterization and thermolytic behavior,” Chemistry of Materials, vol. 12, no. 11, pp. 3419–3426, 2000.
- S. S. Park and J. D. Mackenzie, “Sol-gel-derived tin oxide thin films,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 258, no. 1-2, pp. 268–273, 1995.
- A. Dieguez, A. R. Rodriguez, J. R. Morante, U. Weimar, M. S. Berberich, and W. Gopel, Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 3, p. 11, 1996.
- M. I. Ivanovskaya, P. A. Bogdanov, D. R. Orlik, A. C. Gurlo, and V. V. Romanovskaya, “Structure and properties of sol-gel obtained SnO2 and SnO2-Pd films,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 296, no. 1-2, pp. 41–43, 1997.
- S. G. Ansari, P. P. Boroojerdian, S. R. Sainkar, R. N. Karekar, R. C. Aiyer, and S. K. Kulkarni, “Grain size effects on H2 gas sensitivity of thick film resistor using SnO2 nanoparticles,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 295, no. 1-2, pp. 271–276, 1997.
- D. P. Tunstall, S. Patou, R. S. Liu, and Y. H. Kao, “Size effects in the NMR of SnO2 powders,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 34, no. 10-11, pp. 1513–1520, 1999.
- K. Prasad, D. V. Pinjari, A. B. Pandit, and S. T. Mhaske, “Synthesis of titanium dioxide by ultrasound assisted sol-gel technique: effect of amplitude (power density) variation,” Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 697–703, 2010.
- A. Jitianu, Y. Altindag, M. Zaharescu, and M. Wark, “New SnO2 nano-clusters obtained by sol-gel route, structural characterization and their gas sensing applications,” Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, vol. 26, no. 1–3, pp. 483–488, 2003.
- J. P. Chatelon, C. Terrier, and J. A. Roger, “Influence of elaboration parameters on the properties of tin oxide films obtained by the sol-gel process,” Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 55–65, 1997.
- K. Prasad, D. V. Pinjari, A. B. Pandit, and S. T. Mhaske, “Phase transformation of nanostructured titanium dioxide from anatase-to-rutile via combined ultrasound assisted sol-gel technique,” Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 409–415, 2010.
- S. Rani, P. Suri, P. K. Shishodia, and R. M. Mehra, “Synthesis of nanocrystalline ZnO powder via sol-gel route for dye-sensitized solar cells,” Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, vol. 92, no. 12, pp. 1639–1645, 2008.
- L. Dong, Y. C. Liu, Y. H. Tong, et al., “Preparation of ZnO colloids by aggregation of the nanocrystal subunits,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 283, no. 2, pp. 380–384, 2005.
- F. Grasset, R. Marchand, A. M. Marie, D. Fauchadour, and F. Fajardie, “Synthesis of CeO2@SiO2 core-shell nanoparticles by water-in-oil microemulsion. Preparation of functional thin film,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 299, no. 2, pp. 726–732, 2006.
- H. Shiomi, C. Kakimoto, A. Nakahira, and S. Takeda, “Preparation of SnO2 monolithic gel by sol-gel method,” Journal of Sol-Gel Science and Technology, vol. 19, no. 1–3, pp. 759–763, 2000.
- S. Chandramouleeswaran, S. T. Mhaske, A. A. Kathe, P. V. Varadarajan, V. Prasad, and N. Vigneshwaran, “Functional behaviour of polypropylene/ZnO-soluble starch nanocomposites,” Nanotechnology, vol. 18, no. 38, Article ID 385702, 2007.
- D. V. Pinjari and A. B. Pandit, “Cavitation milling of natural cellulose to nanofibrils,” Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, vol. 17, no. 5, pp. 845–852, 2010.
- K. J. Jarag, D. V. Pinjari, A. B. Pandit, and G. S. Shankarling, “Synthesis of chalcone (3-(4-fluorophenyl)-1-(4-methoxyphenyl)prop-2-en-1-one): advantage of sonochemical method over conventional method,” Ultrasonics Sonochemistry, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 617–623, 2011.
- J. Zhang and L. Gao, “Synthesis and characterization of nanocrystalline tin oxide by sol-gel method,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 177, no. 4-5, pp. 1425–1430, 2004.
- K. C. Song and Y. Kang, “Preparation of high surface area tin oxide powders by a homogeneous precipitation method,” Materials Letters, vol. 42, no. 5, pp. 283–289, 2000.
- J. Q. Hu, X. L. Ma, N. G. Shang et al., “Large-scale rapid oxidation synthesis of SnO2 nanoribbons,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 106, no. 15, pp. 3823–3826, 2002.
- L. F. Chepik, E. P. Troshina, T. S. Mashchenko, D. P. Romanov, A. I. Maksimov, and O. F. Lutskaya, “Crystallization of SnO2 produced by sol-gel technique from salts of tin in different oxidation states,” Russian Journal of Applied Chemistry, vol. 74, no. 10, pp. 1617–1620, 2001.
- J. H. Choy and Y. S. Han, “Citrate route to the piezoelectric Pb(Zr,Ti)O3oxide,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 7, no. 9, pp. 1815–1820, 1997.
- C. Gobbert, M. A. Aegerter, D. Burgard, R. Nass, and H. Schmid, “Ultrafiltration conducting membranes and coatings from redispersable, nanoscaled, crystalline SnO2:Sb particles,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 253–258, 1999.
- M. J. Bommmel, W. A. Groen, H. A. Vanhal, W. C. Keur, and T. M. Bernards, “The electrical and optical properties of thin layers of nano-sized antimony doped tinoxide particles,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 34, no. 19, pp. 4803–4809, 1999.
- S. De Monredon, A. Cellot, F. Ribot et al., “Synthesis and characterization of crystalline tin oxide nanoparticles,” Journal of Materials Chemistry, vol. 12, no. 8, pp. 2396–2400, 2002.
- L. Broussous, C. V. Santilli, S. H. Pulcinelli, and A. F. Craievich, “SAXS study of formation and growth of tin oxide nanoparticles in the presence of complexing ligands,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 106, no. 11, pp. 2855–2860, 2002.
- W. X. Kuang, Y. N. Fan, K. W. Yao, and Y. Chen, “Preparation and characterization of ultrafine rare earth molybdenum complex oxide particles,” Journal of Solid State Chemistry, vol. 140, no. 2, pp. 354–360, 1998.