- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 972085, 3 pages
Effect of Anderson Localization on Auger Destruction of DNA
1Biological Department, Webster University, 470 East Lockwood, Webster Groves, MO 63119, USA
2Theoretical Department, Institute of Polymer Chemistry and Physics, Kadiri 7B, 100128 Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Received 5 November 2012; Accepted 21 November 2012
Academic Editors: K. Nishizawa and M. P. Ponomarenko
Copyright © 2012 N. N. Turaeva et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. W. Anderson, “Absence of diffusion in certain random lattices,” Physical Review, vol. 109, no. 5, pp. 1492–1505, 1958.
- N. F. Mott and W. D. Twose, “The theory of impurity conduction,” Advances in Physics, vol. 10, no. 38, pp. 107–163, 1961.
- D. J. Thouless, “Electrons in disordered systems and the theory of localization,” Physics Reports, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 93–142, 1974.
- A. A. Krokhin, V. M. K. Bagci, F. M. Izrailev, O. V. Usatenko, and V. A. Yampol'Skii, “Inhomogeneous DNA: conducting exons and insulating introns,” Physical Review B, vol. 80, no. 8, Article ID 085420, 6 pages, 2009.
- C. T. Shin, “Characteristic length scale of electric transport properties of genomes,” Physical Review E, vol. 74, no. 1, Article ID 010903(R), 4 pages, 2006.
- K. Bagci, Anderson localization in two-channel wires with correlated disorder: DNA as an application [Dissertation], University of North Texas, 2007.
- P. J. Dandliker, R. E. Holmlin, and J. K. Barton, “Oxidative thymine dimer repair in the DNA helix,” Science, vol. 275, no. 5305, pp. 1465–1468, 1997.
- J. Hihath, B. Xu, P. Zhang, and N. Tao, “Study of single-nucleotide polymorphisms by means of electrical conductance measurements,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 102, no. 47, pp. 16979–16983, 2005.
- C. K. Peng, S. V. Buldyrev, A. L. Goldberger et al., “Long-range correlations in nucleotide sequences,” Nature, vol. 356, no. 6365, pp. 168–170, 1992.
- S. R. Rajski, B. A. Jackson, and J. K. Barton, “DNA repair: models for damage and mismatch recognition,” Mutation Research, vol. 447, no. 1, pp. 49–72, 2000.
- E. Yavin, A. K. Boal, E. D. A. Stemp et al., “Protein-DNA charge transport: redox activation of a DNA repair protein by guanine radical,” Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, vol. 102, no. 10, pp. 3546–3551, 2005.
- T. Hu and B. I. Shklovskii, “How does a protein search for the specific site on DNA: the role of disorder,” Physical Review E, vol. 74, no. 2, Article ID 021903, 4 pages, 2006.
- W. Han and K. N. Yu, “V. 4.,” in Advances in Genetics Research, K. V. Urbano, Ed., Nova Science, New York, NY, USA, 2010.
- L. E. Feinendegen, “Biological damage from the Auger effect, possible benefits,” Radiation and Environmental Biophysics, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 85–99, 1975.
- K. G. Hofer, “Biophysical aspects of Auger processes: a review,” Acta Oncologica, vol. 35, no. 7, pp. 189–196, 1996.
- E. Parilis, L. Kishinevskiy, N. Turaev, et al., Atomic Collisions on Solid Surfaces, Elsevier Science Publisher BV, New York, NY, USA, 1993.
- B. L. Oksengendler, N. N. Turaeva, I. N. Ruban, and S. S. Rashidova, “Auger destruction of polymers,” Doklady Chemistry, vol. 387, no. 1–3, pp. 302–303, 2002.