- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 975716, 5 pages
Microdetermination of Methenamine in the Presence of Formaldehyde by Solid Phase Spectrophotometry
1Department of Chemistry, Payame Noor University, P.O. Box 19395-3697, Tehran, Iran
2Department of Chemistry, Tarbiat Modares University, P.O. Box 14115-175, Tehran, Iran
Received 23 October 2012; Accepted 11 November 2012
Academic Editors: R. Fausto, S.-Y. Lin, and M. Mączka
Copyright © 2012 Mehdi Taghdiri et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Strom Jr. and H. W. Jun, “Separation and quantitation of methenamine in urine by ion-pair extraction,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 75, no. 4, pp. 416–420, 1986.
- J. M. Dreyfors, S. B. Jones, and Y. Sayed, “Hexamethylenetetramine: a review,” American Industrial Hygiene Association Journal, vol. 50, no. 11, pp. 579–585, 1989.
- A. Alamdari and F. Tabkhi, “Kinetics of hexamine crystallization in industrial scale,” Chemical Engineering and Processing, vol. 43, no. 7, pp. 803–810, 2004.
- F. Meissner, E. Schwiedessen, and D. F. Othmer, “Continuous production of hexamethylenetetramine,” Industrial & Engineering Chemistry, vol. 46, no. 4, pp. 724–727, 1954.
- N. Saadatjou, M. Taghdiri, and R. Farrokhi, “Removal of urotropine from industrial wastewater by acidic cation exchange resins,” Iranian Journal of Environmental Health Science and Engineering, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 345–352, 2010.
- G. L. Madsen, D. S. Crumrine, and B. Jaselskis, “Proton nuclear magnetic resonance determination of hexamethylenetetramine in the presence of formaldehyde and urine,” Analyst, vol. 121, no. 4, pp. 567–570, 1996.
- M. Koga, R. Shinohara, and T. Akiyama, “Gas chromatographic determination of trace amounts of hexamethylenetetramine in water using an iodine charge-transfer complex,” Analytical Sciences, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 381–384, 1985.
- C. Pavitrapok and D. A. Williams, “Determination of methenamine, methenamine mandelate and methenamine hippurate in pharmaceutical preparations using ion-exchange HPLC,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 1243–1248, 2006.
- M. Balasubramanian, S. Thennarasu, T. Sudhakaran, and P. T. Perumal, “Spectrophotometric and fluorimetric determination of hexamine in pure form and its pharmaceutical formulation,” Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin, vol. 26, no. 8, pp. 1211–1214, 2003.
- A. M. Taha, N. A. El-Rabbat, and F. A. Fattah, “Spectrophotometric assay of hexamethylenetetramine,” The Analyst, vol. 105, no. 1251, pp. 568–574, 1980.
- G. L. Madsen and B. Jaselskis, “Spectrophotometric determination of hexamethylenetetramine,” Analyst, vol. 117, no. 11, pp. 1785–1788, 1992.
- J. K. Lim and C. C. C. Chen, “Spectrophotometric determination of methenamine and its salts by 2-hydrazinobenzothiazole,” Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 62, no. 9, pp. 1503–1504, 1973.
- E. Sawicki, T. R. Hauser, and S. McPherson, “Spectrophotometric determination of formaldehyde and formaldehyde-releasing compounds with chromotropic acid, 6-amino-1-naphthol-3-sulfonic acid (J Acid), and 6-anilino-1-naphthol-3-sulfonic acid (Phenyl J Acid),” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 34, no. 11, pp. 1460–1464, 1962.
- S. Matsuoka and K. Yoshimura, “Recent trends in solid phase spectrometry: 2003–2009. A Review,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 664, no. 1, pp. 1–18, 2010.
- M. Taghdiri and A. Mohamadipour-Taziyan, “Application of sephadex LH-20 for microdetermination of dopamine by solid phase spectrophotometry,” ISRN Pharmaceutics, vol. 2012, Article ID 216068, 5 pages, 2012.
- N. Silva and E. E. S. Schapoval, “Spectrophotometric determination of etidocaine in pharmaceutical (dental) formulation,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 29, no. 4, pp. 749–754, 2002.