- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2012 (2012), Article ID 985834, 10 pages
Comparison of Straight and Helical Nanotube Production in a Swirled Fluid CVD Reactor
Department of Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering, University of the Witwatersrand, 1 Jan Smuts Avenue, Braamfontein, Johannesburg 2000, South Africa
Received 25 October 2011; Accepted 5 December 2011
Academic Editors: C. A. Charitidis and Y. Yang
Copyright © 2012 Graham Bathgate et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. X. Zheng, M. J. O'Connell, S. K. Doorn et al., “Ultralong single-wall carbon nanotubes,” Nature Materials, vol. 3, no. 10, pp. 673–676, 2004.
- M. S. Dresselhaus, G. Dresselhaus, and P. Avouris, Eds., Carbon Nanotubes: Synthesis, Structure, Properties, and Applications, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2000.
- P. J. F. Harris, Carbon Nanotubes and Related Structures, Cambridge University Press, 1999.
- M. Paradise and T. Goswami, “Carbon nanotubes—production and industrial applications,” Materials and Design, vol. 28, no. 5, pp. 1477–1489, 2007.
- C. Dekker, “Carbon nanotubes as molecular quantum wires,” Physics Today, vol. 52, no. 5, pp. 22–28, 1999.
- R. Martel, V. Derycke, C. Lavoie et al., “Ambipolar electrical transport in semiconducting single-wall carbon nanotubes,” Physical Review Letters, vol. 87, no. 25, Article ID 256805, 4 pages, 2001.
- C. P. Deck and K. Vecchio, “Growth mechanism of vapor phase CVD-grown multi-walled carbon nanotubes,” Carbon, vol. 43, no. 12, pp. 2608–2617, 2005.
- S. B. Sinnott, R. Andrews, D. Qian et al., “Model of carbon nanotube growth through chemical vapor deposition,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 315, no. 1-2, pp. 25–30, 1999.
- N. Zhao, C. He, Z. Jiang, J. Li, and Y. Li, “Fabrication and growth mechanism of carbon nanotubes by catalytic chemical vapor deposition,” Materials Letters, vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 159–163, 2006.
- X. Zhang, A. Cao, B. Wei et al., “Rapid growth of well-aligned carbon nanotube arrays,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 362, no. 3-4, pp. 285–290, 2002.
- Y. Ando, X. Zhao, T. Sugai, and M. Kumar, “Growing carbon nanotubes,” Materials Today, vol. 7, no. 9, pp. 22–29, 2004.
- N. Inami, M. Ambri Mohamed, E. Shikoh, and A. Fujiwara, “Synthesis-condition dependence of carbon nanotube growth by alcohol catalytic chemical vapor deposition method,” Science and Technology of Advanced Materials, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 292–295, 2007.
- N. Ishigami, H. Ago, K. Imamoto, M. Tsuji, K. Iakoubovskii, and N. Minami, “Crystal plane dependent growth of aligned single-walled carbon nanotubes on sapphire,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 130, no. 30, pp. 9918–9924, 2008.
- M. Foley, “Carbon Nanotubes: what are CNTs,” Carbon Nanotubes, 2006.
- L. Qingwen, Y. Hao, Z. Jin, and L. Zhongfan, “Effect of hydrocarbons precursors on the formation of carbon nanotubes in chemical vapor deposition,” Carbon, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 829–835, 2004.
- S. E. Iyuke, “A Process for Production of Carbon Nanotubes,” World Intellectual Property Organization, International Bureau, WO 2007/026213 A1, 2007.
- S. E. Iyuke, T. A. Mamvura, K. Liu, M. Meyyappan, and V. K. Varadan, Process synthesis and optimisation for the production of a clean, large quantity of single-walled carbon nanotubes, 2008.
- J. Bisquert, P. Ramirez, A. J. Barbero, and S. Mafe, “A classroom demonstration on air drag forces,” European Journal of Physics, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 249–252, 1991.
- S. F. Hoerner, Fluid-Dynamic Drag, Hoerner Fluid Dynamics, Brick Town, NJ, USA, 1965.
- B. W. McCormick, Aerodynamics, Aeronautics, and Flight Mechanics, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1979.
- S. P. Sharma and S. C. Lakkad, “Morphology study of carbon nanospecies grown on carbon fibers by thermal CVD technique,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 203, no. 10-11, pp. 1329–1335, 2009.
- D. W. Li, L. J. Pan, D. P. Liu, and N. S. Yu, “Relationship between geometric structures of catalyst particles and growth of carbon nanocoils,” Chemical Vapor Deposition, vol. 16, no. 4–6, pp. 166–169, 2010.
- S. Amelinckx, X. B. Zhang, D. Bernaerts, X. F. Zhang, V. Ivanov, and J. B. Nagy, “A formation mechanism for catalytically grown helix-shaped graphite nanotubes,” Science, vol. 265, no. 5172, pp. 635–637, 1994.
- W. Tang and S. G. Advani, “Drag on a nanotube in uniform liquid argon flow,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 125, no. 17, Article ID 174706, 8 pages, 2006.