- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 147238, 7 pages
Pharmacokinetics of Caffeine following a Single Administration of Coffee Enema versus Oral Coffee Consumption in Healthy Male Subjects
1Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
2Center of Thai Traditional and Complementary Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
3Phisaleeh Hospital, Nakhon Sawan 60220, Thailand
4Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand
Received 8 January 2013; Accepted 30 January 2013
Academic Editors: K. N. Klotz, T. Kumai, and T. W. Stone
Copyright © 2013 Supanimit Teekachunhatean et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [6 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- In-Ah Lee, Daren Low, Alan Kamba, Victoria Llado, and Emiko Mizoguchi, “Oral caffeine administration ameliorates acute colitis by suppressing chitinase 3-like 1 expression in intestinal epithelial cells,” Journal of Gastroenterology, vol. 49, no. 8, pp. 1206–1216, 2013.
- Patrick Schrader, Leah M. Panek, and Jennifer L. Temple, “Acute and chronic caffeine administration increases physical activity in sedentary adults,” Nutrition Research, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 457–463, 2013.
- Justyna Godos, Francesca Romana Pluchinotta, Stefano Marventano, Silvio Buscemi, Giovanni Li Volti, Fabio Galvano, and Giuseppe Grosso, “Coffee components and cardiovascular risk: beneficial and detrimental effects,” International Journal of Food Sciences and Nutrition, pp. 1–12, 2014.
- Dagny Holle, Anke Heber, Steffen Naegel, Hans-Christoph Diener, Zaza Katsarava, and Mark Obermann, “Influences of smoking and caffeine consumption on trigeminal pain processing,” Journal of Headache and Pain, vol. 15, 2014.
- Sara Martínez-López, Beatriz Sarriá, Gema Baeza, Raquel Mateos, and Laura Bravo-Clemente, “Pharmacokinetics of caffeine and its metabolites in plasma and urine after consuming a soluble green/roasted coffee blend by healthy subjects,” Food Research International, 2014.
- Eun Sun Kim, Hoon Jai Chun, Bora Keum, Yeon Seok Seo, Yoon Tae Jeen, Hong Sik Lee, Soon Ho Um, Chang Duck Kim, and Ho Sang Ryu, “Coffee Enema for Preparation for Small Bowel Video Capsule Endoscopy: A Pilot Study,” Clinical Nutrition Research, vol. 3, no. 2, pp. 134, 2014.