- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 172054, 9 pages
Development of a New Piezoelectric Actuator with Slits
1Department of Mechanical Engineering, Osaka Institute of Technology, 5-16-1 Ohmiya, Asahi-Ku, Osaka 535-8585, Japan
2Department of Technology Management, Osaka Institute of Technology, 5-16-1 Ohmiya, Asahi-Ku, Osaka 535-8585, Japan
3Department of Precision Engineering, Tokai University, 1117 Kitakaname, Kanagawa, Hiratsuka 259-1292, Japan
4Department of Mechanical System Engineering, Kumamoto University, 2-39-1 Kurokami, Chuo-Ku, Kumamoto 860-8555, Japan
Received 23 May 2013; Accepted 2 July 2013
Academic Editors: S. J. Milne and D. Ricinschi
Copyright © 2013 Yasutomo Uetsuji et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Tsuchiya, N. Nakanishi, T. Kometa, Y. Uetsuji, K. Mori, and E. Nakamachi, “Development of blood extraction system for bio-MEM,” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers C, vol. 71, no. 702, pp. 603–609, 2005.
- Y. Kojima, T. Okusawa, K. Tsubouchi, Y. Takagi, and N. Hamano, “Fundamental investigation of piezo-driven pump feeding a trace of liquid,” Transactions of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers C, vol. 58, no. 556, pp. 3511–3516, 1992.
- H. Nagata, et al., “Development of a piezoelectric bimorph element for piezoelectric pumps,” Journal of Tosoh Research, vol. 37, no. 2, pp. 95–100, 1993.
- M. Kidera, H. Tsukamoto, and K. Miyazaki, “A valveless micro-pump driven by a piezoelectric device,” Turbomachinery, vol. 31, no. 7, pp. 435–439, 2003.
- T. Zhang and Q.-M. Wang, “Performance evaluation of a valveless micropump driven by a ring-type piezoelectric actuator,” IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 463–473, 2006.
- Y. Konishi, “Infusion pump,” Japanese Society of Medical Instrumentation, vol. 73, no. 8, pp. 395–400, 2003.
- Y. Konishi, “Fluid pump by piezoelectric element,” Journal of the Japan Fluid Power System Society, vol. 30, no. 7, pp. 28–32, 1999.
- M. G. Stachiotti, C. O. Rodriguez, C. Ambrosch-Draxl, and N. E. Christensen, “Electronic structure and ferroelectricity in SrBi2Ta2O9,” Physical Review B, vol. 61, no. 21, pp. 14434–14439, 2000.
- H. Kumagai, “Piezoelectric properties and potential applications of potassium niobate single crystals,” Ceramics Japan, vol. 35, pp. 360–362, 2000.
- Y. Saito, H. Takao, T. Tani et al., “Lead-free piezoceramics,” Nature, vol. 432, pp. 84–87, 2004.
- Y. Uetsuji, H. Nagakura, S. Kawahara et al., “Proposal of a new bimorph piezoelectric actuator for blood extraction pump in health monitoring system,” Journal of the Society of Materials Science, vol. 56, no. 5, pp. 477–482, 2007.