- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 173587, 7 pages
Using of Microsilica for Strength Improvement of Fiber Reinforced Cementitious Surface Compounds
Building Physics Institute, Housing & Building National Research Center, P.O. Box 1770, Cairo, Egypt
Received 9 September 2012; Accepted 11 October 2012
Academic Editors: K. Hokamoto and V. Ralchenko
Copyright © 2013 S. S. Shebl et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. S. Shebl, H. S. Seddeq, and H. A. Aglan, “Effect of micro-silica loading on the mechanical and acoustic properties of cement pastes,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 25, no. 10, pp. 3903–3908, 2011.
- ASTM C144—11, “Standard specifications for aggregate for masonry mortar,” 2011.
- M. S. Morsy and S. S. Shebl, “Effect of silica fume and metakaoline pozzolana on the performance of blended cement pastes against fire,” Ceramics—Silikaty, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 40–44, 2007.
- M. S. Morsy and H. A. Aglan, “Development and characterization of nanostructured-perlite-cementitious surface compounds,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 42, no. 24, pp. 10188–10195, 2007.
- H. A. Aglan, S. S. Shebl, M. A. Morsy, M. Calhoun, H. Harding, and M. Ahmad, “Strength and toughness improvement of cement binders using expandable thermoplastic microspheres,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 23, no. 8, pp. 2856–2861, 2009.
- S. S. Shebl, L. Allie, M. S. Morsy, and H. A. Aglan, “Mechanical behavior of activated nano silicate filled cement binders,” Journal of Materials Science, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 1600–1606, 2009.
- M. S. Morsy, H. A. Aglan, and M. M. Abd El Razek, “Nanostructured zonolite-cementitious surface compounds for thermal insulation,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 515–521, 2009.
- H. Aglan, M. Morsy, A. Allie, and F. Fouad, “Evaluation of fiber reinforced nanostructured perlite-cementitious surface compounds for building skin applications,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 138–145, 2009.
- W. Yao, J. Li, and K. Wu, “Mechanical properties of hybrid fiber-reinforced concrete at low fiber volume fraction,” Cement and Concrete Research, vol. 33, no. 1, pp. 27–30, 2003.
- R. M. Gutierrez, L. N. Díaz, and S. Delvasto, “Effect of pozzolans on the performance of fiber reinforced mortars,” Cement and Concrete Composties, vol. 27, no. 5, pp. 593–598, 2005.
- K. Bilba, M. A. Arsene, and A. Ouensanga, “Sugar cane bagasse fibre reinforced cement composites. Part I. Influence of the botanical components of bagasse on the setting of bagasse/cement composite,” Cement and Concrete Composites, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 91–96, 2003.
- J. M. L. Reis, “Fracture and flexural characterization of natural fiber-reinforced polymer concrete,” Construction and Building Materials, vol. 20, no. 9, pp. 673–678, 2006.
- N. G. Jústiz-Smith, G. J. Virgo, and V. E. Buchanan, “Potential of Jamaican banana, coconut coir and bagasse fibres as composite materials,” Materials Characterization, vol. 59, no. 9, pp. 1273–1278, 2008.
- Egyptian Standard Specifications, “Composition, specifications and conformity criteria for common cements,” Part 1, ES, 4756-1, 2007.
- ASTM C 109/ 109M—11, “Standard test method for compressive strength of hydraulic cement mortars (using 2-in. or [50-mm] cube specimens),” 2011.
- ASTM C348—08, “Standard test method for flexural strength of hydraulic-cement mortars,” 2008.