- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Physical Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 202781, 12 pages
An Approximate Analytical Method for the Evaluation of the Concentrations and Current for Hybrid Enzyme Biosensor
Department of Mathematics, The Madura College, Madurai 625011, Tamil Nadu, India
Received 22 November 2012; Accepted 13 December 2012
Academic Editors: I. Anusiewicz, H. Reis, and H. Saint-Martin
Copyright © 2013 Indira Krishnaperumal and Rajendran Lakshmanan. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- A. D. McNaught and A. Wilkinson, IUPAC. Compendium of Chemical Terminology—The Gold Book, Blackwell Scientific, Oxford, UK, 2nd edition, 1997.
- L. C. Clark Jr. and C. Lyons, “Electrode systems for continuous monitoring in cardiovascular surgery,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 102, pp. 29–45, 1962.
- K. Cammann, “Bio-sensors based on ion-selective electrodes,” Fresenius' Zeitschrift für Analytische Chemie, vol. 287, no. 1, pp. 1–9, 1977.
- S. P. Mohanty and E. Koucianos, “Biosensors: a tutorial review,” IEEE Potentials, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 35–40, 2006.
- A. Chaubey, M. Gerard, V. S. Singh, and B. D. Malhotra, “Immobilization of lactate dehydrogenase on tetraethylorthosilicate-derived sol-gel films for application to lactate biosensor,” Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, vol. 96, no. 1–3, pp. 303–311, 2001.
- A. J. Reviejo, C. Fernandez, F. Liu, J. M. Pingarron, and J. Wang, “Advances in amperometric enzyme electrodes in reversed micelles,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 315, no. 1-2, pp. 93–99, 1995.
- M. Stoytcheva, N. Nankov, and V. Sharcova, “Analytical characterisation and application of a p-benzoquinone mediated amperometric graphite sensor with covalently linked glucoseoxidase,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 315, no. 1-2, pp. 101–107, 1995.
- G. G. Guilbault and F. R. Shu, “Enzyme electrodes based on the use of a carbon dioxide sensor. Urea and L-tyrosine electrodes,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 44, no. 13, pp. 2161–2166, 1972.
- L. H. Larsen, N. P. Revsbech, and S. J. Binnerup, “A microsensor for nitrate based on immobilized denitrifying bacteria,” Applied and Environmental Microbiology, vol. 62, no. 4, pp. 1248–1251, 1996.
- A. L. Ghindilis, P. Atanasov, M. Wilkins, and E. Wilkins, “Immunosensors: electrochemical sensing and other engineering approaches,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 113–131, 1998.
- J. Wang, “Amperometric biosensors for clinical and therapeutic drug monitoring: a review,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 19, no. 1-2, pp. 47–53, 1999.
- D. M. Zhou, Y. Q. Dai, and K. K. Shiu, “Poly(phenylenediamine) film for the construction of glucose biosensors based on platinized glassy carbon electrode,” Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, vol. 40, no. 11, pp. 1997–2003, 2010.
- A. P. F. Turner, I. Karube, and G. S. Wilson, Eds., Biosensors Fundamentals and Applications, Oxford University Press, Oxford, UK, 1989.
- A. P. F. Turner, Ed., Advances in Biosensors, vol. 1, JAI Press, London, UK, 1991.
- J. R. Flores and E. Lorenzo, “Amperometric biosensors,” in Analytical Voltammetry, M. R. Smyth and J. G. Vos, Eds., vol. 27 of Wilson and Wilson's Comprehensive Analytical Chemistry, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1992.
- F. Scheller and F. Schubert, Biosensors, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 1992.
- M. J. Song, S. W. Hwang, and D. Whang, “Amperometric hydrogen peroxide biosensor based on a modified gold electrode with silver nanowires,” Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, vol. 40, no. 12, pp. 2099–2105, 2010.
- R. S. Dubey and S. N. Upadhyay, “Microorganism based biosensor for monitoring of microbiologically influenced corrosion caused by fungal species,” Indian Journal of Chemical Technology, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 607–610, 2003.
- T. Yao and S. Handa, “Electroanalytical properties of aldehyde biosensors with a hybrid-membrane composed of an enzyme film and a redox Os-polymer film,” Analytical Sciences, vol. 19, no. 5, pp. 767–770, 2003.
- F. Amarita, C. Rodriguez, Fernandez, and F. Alkorta, “Hybrid biosensors to estimate lactose in milk,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 349, no. 1–3, pp. 153–158, 1997.
- K. Indira and L. Rajendran, “Analytical expression of the concentration of substrates and product in phenol—polyphenol oxidase system immobilized in laponite hydrogels. Michaelis—Menten formalism in homogeneous medium,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 56, no. 18, pp. 6411–6419, 2011.
- S. Loghambal and L. Rajendran, “Mathematical modeling in amperometric oxidase enzyme-membrane electrodes,” Journal of Membrane Science, vol. 373, no. 1-2, pp. 20–28, 2011.
- P. Manimozhi, A. Subbiah, and L. Rajendran, “Solution of steady-state substrate concentration in the action of biosensor response at mixed enzyme kinetics,” Sensors and Actuators, B, vol. 147, no. 1, pp. 290–297, 2010.
- A. Eswari and L. Rajendran, “Analytical solution of steady state current at a microdisk biosensor,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 641, no. 1-2, pp. 35–44, 2010.
- A. Eswari and L. Rajendran, “Analytical solution of steady-state current an enzyme-modified microcylinder electrodes,” Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, vol. 648, no. 1, pp. 36–46, 2010.
- V. Rangelova, “Modeling amperometric biosensor with cyclic reaction,” Journal of Engineering Annals of the Faculty of Engineering Huhedoara, vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 117–122, 2007.
- S. Uchiyama, Y. Hasebe, H. Shimizu, and H. Ishihara, “Enzyme-based catechol sensor based on the cyclic reaction between catechol and 1,2-benzoquinone, using L-ascorbate and tyrosinase,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 276, no. 2, pp. 341–345, 1993.
- S. J. Liao, The proposed Homotopy analysis technique for the solution of nonlinear problems [Ph.D. thesis], Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 1992.
- S. Liao, Beyond Perturbation: Introduction to the Homotopy Analysis Method, Chapman & Hall/CRC Press, Boca Raton, Fla, USA, 2003.
- S.-J. Liao, “A kind of approximate solution technique which does not depend upon small parameters—II. An application in fluid mechanics,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 32, no. 5, pp. 815–822, 1997.
- S.-J. Liao, “An explicit, totally analytic approximate solution for Blasius' viscous flow problems,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 34, no. 4, pp. 759–778, 1999.
- S.-J. Liao, “A uniformly valid analytic solution of two-dimensional viscous flow over a semi-infinite flat plate,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 385, pp. 101–1128, 1999.
- S. Liao, “On the homotopy analysis method for nonlinear problems,” Applied Mathematics and Computation, vol. 147, no. 2, pp. 499–513, 2004.
- S. Liao and Y. Tan, “a general approach to obtain series solutions of nonlinear differential equations,” Studies in Applied Mathematics, vol. 119, no. 4, pp. 297–355, 2007.
- S. J. Liao, “Beyond perturbation: a review on the basic ideas of the Homotophy analysis method and its applications,” Advanced Mechanics, vol. 38, no. 1, pp. 1–34, 2008.
- S. Liao, Homotopy Analysis Method in Nonlinear Differential Equations, Springer and Higher Education Press, Heidelberg, Germany, 2012.
- R. D. Skeel and M. Berzins, “A method for the spatial discretization of parabolic equations in one space variable,” SIAM Journal on Scientific and Statistical Computing, vol. 11, no. 1, 32 pages, 1990.
- G. Domairry and M. Fazeli, “Homotopy analysis method to determine the fin efficiency of convective straight fins with temperature-dependent thermal conductivity,” Communications in Nonlinear Science and Numerical Simulation, vol. 14, no. 2, pp. 489–499, 2009.