- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 205714, 7 pages
Correlation of Tinnitus Loudness and Onset Duration with Audiological Profile Indicating Variation in Prognosis
1Department of Otolaryngology, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh, India
2Speech and Hearing Unit, Department of Otolaryngology, PGIMER, Chandigarh 160012, India
Received 4 June 2013; Accepted 22 July 2013
Academic Editors: T. Just, T. S. Karhuketo, and C.-H. Wang
Copyright © 2013 Sunita Gudwani et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. A. Henry, K. C. Dennis, and M. A. Schechter, “General review of tinnitus: prevalence, mechanisms, effects, and management,” Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 1204–1235, 2005.
- J. L. Stouffer and R. S. Tyler, “Characterization of tinnitus by tinnitus patients,” Journal of Speech and Hearing Disorders, vol. 55, no. 3, pp. 439–453, 1990.
- A. R. Moller, “Pathophysiology of tinnitus,” Otolaryngologic Clinics of North America, vol. 36, pp. 249–266, 2003.
- A. R. Moller, “Tinnitus,” in Neurotology, R. K. Jackler and D. E. Brackmann, Eds., pp. 182–193, Elsiever; Mosby, San Diego, Calif, USA, 2nd edition, 2005.
- G. F. Reed, “An audiometric study of two hundred cases of subjective tinnitus,” Archives of Otolaryngology, vol. 71, pp. 94–104, 1960.
- M. Landgrebe, F. Zeman, M. Koller et al., “The Tinnitus Research Initiative (TRI) database: a new approach for delineation of tinnitus subtypes and generation of predictors for treatment outcome,” BMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making, vol. 10, no. 1, article 42, 2010.
- W. Hiller and C. Haerkötter, “Does sound stimulation have additive effects on cognitive-behavioral treatment of chronic tinnitus?” Behaviour Research and Therapy, vol. 43, no. 5, pp. 595–612, 2005.
- L. M. Ward and M. Baumann, “Measuring tinnitus loudness using constrained psychophysical scaling,” American Journal of Audiology, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 119–128, 2009.
- G. Andersson, “Tinnitus loudness matchings in relation to annoyance and grading of severity,” Auris Nasus Larynx, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 129–133, 2003.
- G. Andersson and L. McKenna, “The role of cognition in tinnitus,” Acta Oto-Laryngologica, vol. 126, supplement 556, pp. 39–43, 2006.
- V. Kaldo, Cognitive behavioral therapy as guided self-help to reduce tinnitus distress, Acta Universitatis Upsaliensis, Uppsala, Sweden, 2008.
- J. A. Vernon and M. B. Meikle, “Tinnitus: clinical measurement,” Otolaryngologic Clinics of North America, vol. 36, no. 2, pp. 293–305, 2003.
- S. Silman and C. A. Silverman, “Basic audiologic testing,” in Auditory Diagnosis-Principles and Applications, S. Silman and C. A. Silverman, Eds., pp. 10–70, Academic Press, San Diego, Calif, USA, 1991.
- W. Selters and D. Brackmann, “Acoustic tumor detection with brain stem electric response audiometry,” Archives of Otolaryngology, vol. 103, no. 4, pp. 181–187, 1977.
- L. E. Roberts, G. Moffat, and D. J. Bosnyak, “Residual inhibition functions in relation to tinnitus spectra and auditory threshold shift,” Acta Oto-Laryngologica, vol. 126, no. 556, pp. 27–33, 2006.
- R. R. A. Coles, “Epidemiology of tinnitus: (2) Demographic and clinical features,” Journal of Laryngology and Otology, vol. 97, no. 9, pp. 195–202, 1983.
- G. Barnea, J. Attias, S. Gold, and A. Shahar, “Tinnitus with normal hearing sensitivity: extended high-frequency audiometry and auditory-nerve brain-stem-evoked responses,” Audiology, vol. 29, no. 1, pp. 36–45, 1990.
- A. R. Moller, M. B. Moller, P. J. Jannetta, and H. D. J. Hae Dong Jho, “Compound action potentials recorded from the exposed eighth nerve in patients with intractable tinnitus,” Laryngoscope, vol. 102, no. 2, pp. 187–197, 1992.
- G. M. Gerken, P. S. Hesse, and J. J. Wiorkowski, “Auditory evoked responses in control subjects and in patients with problem-tinnitus,” Hearing Research, vol. 157, no. 1-2, pp. 52–64, 2001.
- C. E. Schreiner and S. W. Cheung, “Cortical plasticity and tinnitus,” in Tinnitus: Theory and Management, J. B. Snow, Ed., pp. 189–202, BC Decker, London, UK, 2004.
- R. S. Tyler, “Neurophysiological models, psychological models, and treatments for tinnitus,” in Tinnitus Treatment Protocols, R. S. Tyler, Ed., 2005.