- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 238428, 18 pages
Nanoparticles for Brain Drug Delivery
Department of Health Sciences, University of Milano-Bicocca, Via Cadore 48, 20900 Monza, Italy
Received 20 March 2013; Accepted 11 April 2013
Academic Editors: H. Itoh, H. Pant, and M. Seno
Copyright © 2013 Massimo Masserini. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [28 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Sama Sleiman, and Giovanni Coppola, “Epigenetics of Alzheimer's Disease and Frontotemporal Dementia,” Neurotherapeutics, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 709–721, 2013.
- Catalina Anisoara Peptu, Lacramioara Ochiuz, Liana Alupei, Cristian Peptu, and Marcel Popa, “Carbohydrate Based Nanoparticles for Drug Delivery Across Biological Barriers,” Journal of Biomedical Nanotechnology, vol. 10, no. 9, pp. 2107–2148, 2014.
- Tanima Bose, Diane Latawiec, Partha Pratim Mondal, and Subhra Mandal, “Overview of nano-drugs characteristics for clinical application: the journey from the entry to the exit point,” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, vol. 16, no. 8, 2014.
- Stanley Bazarek, and Daniel A. Peterson, “Prospects for engineering neurons from local neocortical cell populations as cell-mediated therapy for neurological disorders,” Journal of Comparative Neurology, 2014.
- Aikaterini Lalatsa, and Andreas G. Schatzlein, “Strategies To Deliver Peptide Drugs to the Brain,” Molecular Pharmaceutics, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 1081–1093, 2014.
- Dan Liu, Bingqian Lin, Wei Shao, Zhi Zhu, Tianhai Ji, and Chaoyong Yang, “In Vitro and in Vivo Studies on the Transport of PEGylated Silica Nanoparticles across the Blood-Brain Barrier,” Acs Applied Materials & Interfaces, vol. 6, no. 3, pp. 2131–2136, 2014.
- Kavitha Siva, Giuseppina Covello, and Michela A. Denti, “Exon-Skipping Antisense Oligonucleotides to Correct Missplicing in Neurogenetic Diseases,” Nucleic Acid Therapeutics, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 69–86, 2014.
- David J. Mc Carthy, Meenakshi Malhotra, Aoife M. O’Mahony, John F. Cryan, and Caitriona M. O’Driscoll, “Nanoparticles and the Blood-Brain Barrier: Advancing from In-Vitro Models Towards Therapeutic Significance,” Pharmaceutical Research, 2014.
- Genaro Gabriel Ortiz, Fermín Paul Pacheco-Moisés, Miguel Ángel Macías-Islas, Luis Javier Flores-Alvarado, Mario A. Mireles-Ramírez, Erika Daniela González-Renovato, Vanessa Elizabeth Hernández-Navarro, Angélica Lizeth Sánchez-López, and Moisés Alejandro Alatorre-Jiménez, “Role of the Blood-Brain Barrier in Multiple Sclerosis,” Archives of Medical Research, 2014.
- Hasan Ebrahimi Shahmabadi, Fatemeh Movahedi, Maedeh Koohi Moftakhari Esfahani, Seyed Ebrahim Alavi, Ali Eslamifar, Gholamreza Mohammadi Anaraki, and Azim Akbarzadeh, “Efficacy of Cisplatin-loaded polybutyl cyanoacrylate nanoparticles on the glioblastoma,” Tumor Biology, 2014.
- Marlies Gijs, An Aerts, Nathalie Impens, Sarah Baatout, and André Luxen, “Aptamers as radiopharmaceuticals for nuclear imaging and therapy,” Nuclear Medicine and Biology, 2015.
- Lucas Cordeiro, Larissa Müller, Marcos A. Gelesky, Wilson Wasielesky, Daniele Fattorini, Francesco Regoli, José Marìa Monserrat, and Juliane Ventura-Lima, “Evaluation of coexposure to inorganic arsenic and titanium dioxide nanoparticles in the marine shrimp Litopenaeus vannamei,” Environmental Science and Pollution Research, 2015.
- Clarence S. Yah, and Geoffrey S. Simate, “Nanoparticles as potential new generation broad spectrum antimicrobial agents,” DARU Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 23, no. 1, 2015.
- Yasaman Hosseini, Seyed Ebrahim Alavi, Azim Akbarzadeh, and Amir Heidarinasab, “Improving lithium carbonate therapeutics by pegylated liposomal technology: an in vivo study,” Comparative Clinical Pathology, 2015.
- Lingzhou Zhao, Jingyi Zhu, Yongjun Cheng, Zhijuan Xiong, Yueqin Tang, Lilei Guo, Xiangyang Shi, and Jinhua Zhao, “ Chlorotoxin-Conjugated Multifunctional Dendrimers Labeled with Radionuclide 131 I for Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography Imaging and Radiotherapy of Gliomas ,” ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, pp. 150825105741001, 2015.
- Yukio Takeshita, and Richard M. Ransohoff, “Blood-brain barrier and neurological diseases,” Clinical and Experimental Neuroimmunology, 2015.
- Yuliana Monsalve, Giovanni Tosi, Barbara Ruozi, Daniela Belletti, Antonietta Vilella, Michele Zoli, Maria Angela Vandelli, Flavio Forni, Betty L López, and Ligia Sierra, “PEG-g-chitosan nanoparticles functionalized with the monoclonal antibody OX26 for brain drug targeting,” Nanomedicine, vol. 10, no. 11, pp. 1735–1750, 2015.
- Deepak Sharma, Rakesh Kumar Sharma, Navneet Sharma, Reema Gabrani, Sanjeev K. Sharma, Javed Ali, and Shweta Dang, “Nose-To-Brain Delivery of PLGA-Diazepam Nanoparticles,” AAPS PharmSciTech, 2015.
- Julie T.-W. Wang, Noelia Rubio, Houmam Kafa, Enrica Venturelli, Chiara Fabbro, Cécilia Ménard-Moyon, Tatiana Da Ros, Jane K. Sosabowski, Alastair D. Lawson, Martyn K. Robinson, Maurizio Prato, Alberto Bianco, Frederic Festy, Jane E. Preston, Kostas Kostarelos, and Khuloud T. Al-Jamal, “Kinetics of functionalised carbon nanotube distribution in mouse brain after systemic injection: Spatial to ultra-structural analyses,” Journal of Controlled Release, 2015.
- Louiza Bohn Thomsen, Maj Schneider Thomsen, and Torben Moos, “Targeted drug delivery to the brain using magnetic nanoparticles,” Therapeutic Delivery, 2015.
- Monique Culturato Padilha Mendonça, Edilene Siqueira Soares, Marcelo Bispo de Jesus, Helder José Ceragioli, Mônica Siqueira Ferreira, Rodrigo Ramos Catharino, and Maria Alice da Cruz-Höfling, “Reduced graphene oxide induces transient blood–brain barrier opening: an in vivo study,” Journal of Nanobiotechnology, vol. 13, no. 1, 2015.
- Christopher J. Cheng, Gregory T. Tietjen, Jennifer K. Saucier-Sawyer, and W. Mark Saltzman, “A holistic approach to targeting disease with polymeric nanoparticles,” Nature Reviews Drug Discovery, 2015.
- Washington Chigumira, Prosper Maposa, Louis L. Gadaga, Admire Dube, Dexter Tagwireyi, and Charles C. Maponga, “Preparation and Evaluation of Pralidoxime-Loaded PLGA Nanoparticles as Potential Carriers of the Drug across the Blood Brain Barrier,” Journal of Nanomaterials, vol. 2015, pp. 1–5, 2015.
- Meenakshi Malhotra, André Toulouse, Bruno M. D. C. Godinho, David John Mc Carthy, John F. Cryan, and Caitriona M. O'Driscoll, “RNAi therapeutics for brain cancer: current advancements in RNAi delivery strategies,” Mol. BioSyst., vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 2635–2657, 2015.
- S. Aday, R. Cecchelli, D. Hallier-Vanuxeem, M.P. Dehouck, and L. Ferreira, “Stem Cell-Based Human Blood–Brain Barrier Models for Drug Discovery and Delivery,” Trends in Biotechnology, 2016.
- André M. Emilie, Passirani Catherine, Seijo Begona, Sanchez Alejandro, and Montero-Menei Claudia N, “Nano and microcarriers to improve stem cell behaviour for neuroregenerative medicine strategies: application to Huntington’s disease,” Biomaterials, 2016.
- Rohit S. Mulik, Chenchen Bing, Michelle Ladouceur-Wodzak, Imalka Munaweera, Rajiv Chopra, and Ian R. Corbin, “Localized Delivery of Low-Density Lipoprotein Docosahexaenoic Acid Nanoparticles to the Rat Brain using Focused Ultrasound,” Biomaterials, 2016.
- Tian-Tian Zhang, Wen Li, Guanmin Meng, Pei Wang, and Wenzhen Liao, “Strategies for transporting nanoparticles across the blood–brain barrier,” Biomater. Sci., vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 219–229, 2016.