- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 241830, 7 pages
Corrosion Behaviour of Ti-6Al-4V Alloy with Nitride Coatings in Simulated Body Fluids at and
Karpenko Physico-Mechanical Institute, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 5 Naukova Street, Lviv 79060, Ukraine
Received 31 October 2012; Accepted 2 December 2012
Academic Editors: G. Bereket, C.-H. Hsu, and R. Wang
Copyright © 2013 I. M. Pohrelyuk et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Krischok, C. Blank, M. Engel et al., “Influence of ion implantation on titanium surfaces for medical applications,” Surface Science, vol. 601, no. 18, pp. 3856–3860, 2007.
- F. Variola, J. H. Yi, L. Richert, J. D. Wuest, F. Rosei, and A. Nanci, “Tailoring the surface properties of Ti6Al4V by controlled chemical oxidation,” Biomaterials, vol. 29, no. 10, pp. 1285–1298, 2008.
- F. Yildiz, A. F. Yetim, A. Alsaran, and I. Efeoglu, “Wear and corrosion behaviour of various surface treated medical grade titanium alloy in bio-simulated environment,” Wear, vol. 267, no. 5–8, pp. 695–701, 2009.
- T. Chang-Bin, L. Dao-Xin, W. Zhan, and G. Yang, “Electro-spark alloying using graphite electrode on titanium alloy surface for biomedical applications,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 257, no. 15, pp. 6364–6371, 2011.
- M. Metikos-Hukovic, A. Kwokal, and J. Piljac, “The influence of niobium and vanadium on passivityof titanium-based implants in physiological solution,” Biomaterials, vol. 24, pp. 3765–3775, 2003.
- I. Cvijovic-Alagic, Z. Cvijovic, S. Mitrovic, V. Panic, and M. Rakin, “Wear and corrosion behaviour of Ti-13Nb-13Zr and Ti-6Al-4V alloys in simulated physiological solution,” Corrosion Science, vol. 53, pp. 796–808, 2011.
- D. V. Shtansky, N. A. Gloushankova, A. N. Sheveiko et al., “Design, characterization and testing of Ti-based multicomponent coatings for load-bearing medical applications,” Biomaterials, vol. 26, no. 16, pp. 2909–2924, 2005.
- L. Wang, J. F. Su, and X. Nie, “Corrosion and tribological properties and impact fatigue behaviors of TiN- and DLC-coated stainless steels in a simulated body fluid environment,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 205, no. 5, pp. 1599–1605, 2010.
- P. Budzynski, A. A. Youssef, and J. Sielanko, “Surface modification of Ti-6Al-4V alloy by nitrogen ion implantation,” Wear, vol. 261, pp. 1271–1276, 2006.
- T. M. Manhabosco, S. M. Tamborim, C. B. dos Santos, and I. L. Müller, “Tribological, electrochemical and tribo-electrochemical characterization of bare and nitrided Ti6Al4V in simulated body fluid solution,” Corrosion Science, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 1786–1793, 2011.
- B. Subramanian, C. V. Muraleedharan, R. Ananthakumar, and M. Jayachandran, “A comparative study of titanium nitride (TiN), titanium oxy nitride (TiON) and titanium aluminum nitride (TiAlN), as surface coatings for bio implants,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 205, no. 21-22, pp. 5014–5020, 2011.
- S. Barril, S. Mischler, and D. Landolt, “Electrochemical effects on the fretting corrosion behaviour of Ti6Al4V in 0.9% sodium chloride solution,” Wear, vol. 259, no. 1–6, pp. 282–291, 2005.
- I. M. Pohrelyuk, O. V. Tkachuk, and R. V. Proskurnyak, “Corrosion resistance of the Ti-6Al-4V titanium alloy with nitride coatings in 0.9 % NaCl,” Journal of the Minerals, Metals and Materials Society, vol. 63, no. 6, pp. 35–40, 2011.
- V. A. Lavrenko, V. A. Shvets, N. V. Boshitskaya, and G. N. Makarenko, “Comparative study of the chemical resistance of titanium nitride and stainless steel in media of the oral cavity,” Powder Metallurgy and Metal Ceramics, vol. 40, no. 11-12, pp. 630–636, 2001.
- T. H. Fang and K. T. Wu, “Local oxidation characteristics on titanium nitride film by electrochemical nanolithography with carbon nanotube tip,” Electrochemistry Communications, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 173–178, 2006.
- R. S. Razavi, M. Salehi, M. Ramazani, and H. C. Man, “Corrosion behaviour of laser gas nitrided Ti-6Al-4V in HCl solution,” Corrosion Science, vol. 51, no. 10, pp. 2324–2329, 2009.
- H. Takadama, H. M. Kim, T. Kokubo, and T. Nakamura, “XPS study of the process of apatite formation on bioactive Ti-6Al-4V alloy in simulated body fluid,” Science and Technology of Advanced Materials, vol. 2, no. 2, pp. 389–396, 2001.
- C. Vasilescu, S. I. Drob, E. I. Neacsu, and J. C. M. Rosca, “Surface analysis and corrosion resistance of a new titanium base alloy in simulated body fluids,” Corrosion Science, vol. 65, pp. 431–440, 2012.
- J. Zhang, L. Duan, D. Jiang, Q. Lin, and M. Iwasa, “Dispersion of TiN in aqueous media,” Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, vol. 286, no. 1, pp. 209–215, 2005.
- V. A. Lavrenko, A. D. Panasyuk, M. Desmaison-Brut, V. A. Shvets, and J. Desmaison, “Kinetics and mechanism of electrolytic corrosion of titanium-based ceramics in 3% NaCl solution,” Journal of the European Ceramic Society, vol. 25, no. 10, pp. 1813–1818, 2005.