- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Machine Vision
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 252406, 13 pages
LoCoBoard: Low-Cost Interactive Whiteboard Using Computer Vision Algorithms
1ISUS Group, FCT, University Fernando Pessoa, Porto, Portugal
2INESC TEC, FEUP, University of Porto, Porto, Portugal
Received 13 December 2012; Accepted 10 January 2013
Academic Editors: M. A. Rahman and T. Zhang
Copyright © 2013 Christophe Soares et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Soares, LoCoBoard: Quadro Interactivo de Baixo Custo recorrendo a Algoritmos de Visão por Computador [M.S. thesis], Universidade Fernando Pessoa, Porto, Portugal, 2009.
- Y. Benezeth, P. M. Jodoin, B. Emile, H. Laurent, and C. Rosenberger, “Comparative study of background subtraction algorithms,” Journal of Electronic Imaging, vol. 19, no. 3, 2010.
- T. Bovermann, R. Bencina, E. Costanza, and M. Kaltenbrunner, “TUIO: a protocol for table-top tangible user interfaces,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Workshop on Gesture in Human-Computer Interaction and Simulation (GW '05), 2005.
- R. Chang, F. Wang, and P. You, “A survey on the development of multi-touch technology,” in Proceedings of the 2010 Asia-Pacific Conference on Wearable Computing Systems (APWCS '10), pp. 363–366, IEEE Computer Society, Washington, DC, USA, April 2010.
- D. Glover and D. Miller, “Running with technology: the pedagogic impact of the large-scale introduction of interactive whiteboards in one secondary school,” Journal of InFormation Techology For Teacher Education, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 257–278, 2001.
- J. Walny, B. Lee, P. Johns, N. H. Riche, and S. Carpendale, “Understanding pen and touch interaction for data exploration on interactive whiteboards,” IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics, vol. 18, no. 12, pp. 2779–2788, 2012.
- N. Group, Multi-Touch Technologies, NUI Group, 1st edition, 2009.
- J. Teichert, M. Herrlich, B. Walther-Franks et al., “Advancing large interactive surfaces for use in the real world,” Advances in Human-Computer Interaction, vol. 2010, Article ID 657937, 10 pages, 2010.
- P. I. S. Lei and A. K. Y. Wong, “The multiple-touch user interface revolution,” IT Professional, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 42–49, 2009.
- A. D. Wilson, “Playanywhere: a compact interactive tabletop projection-vision system,” in Proceedings of the 18th annual ACM symposium on User interface software and technology (UIST '05), pp. 83–92, ACM, New York, NY, USA, 2005.
- A. Agarwal, S. Izadi, M. Chandraker, and A. Blake, “High precision multi-touch sensing on surfaces using overhead cameras,” in Proceedings of the 2nd Annual IEEE International Workshop on Horizontal Interactive Human-Computer Systems (Tabletop '07), pp. 197–200, IEEE Computer Society, Washington, DC, USA, October 2007.
- J. C. Lee, “Hacking the nintendo wii remote,” IEEE Pervasive Computing, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 39–45, 2008.
- U. Schmidt, Wiimote whiteboard, 2008, http://www.uweschmidt.org/wiimote-whiteboard.
- T. Vajk, P. Coulton, W. Bamford, and R. Edwards, “Using a mobile phone as a “wii-like” controller for playing games on a large public display,” International Journal of Computer Games Technology, vol. 2008, Article ID 539078, 6 pages, 2008.
- N. Group, Touchlib: A multi-touch development kit, 2008 http://nuigroup.com/touchlib/.
- N. Group, Community core vision—ccv, http://ccv.nuigroup.com/, 2010.
- M. Kaltenbrunner and R. Bencina, “Reactivision: a computer-vision framework for table-based tangible interaction,” in Proceedings of the 1st international conference on Tangible and embedded interaction (TEI '07), pp. 69–74, ACM, New York, NY, USA, February 2007.
- M. Wright, A. Freed, and A. Momeni, “Opensound control: state of the art 2003,” in in Proceedings of the 2003 conference on New interfaces for musical expression (NIME '03), pp. 153–160, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 2003.
- G. Bradski and A. Kaehler, Learning OpenCV: Computer Vision with the OpenCV Library, O'Reilly Media, 1st edition, 2008.
- R. Bencima, “oscpack—a simple c++ OSC packet manipulation library,” 2006, http://www.rossbencina.com/code/oscpack.
- R. Haralick and L. Shapiro, Computer and Robot Vision, vol. 1, Addison Wesley, 1992.