- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Soil Science
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 256352, 8 pages
Spatiotemporal Changes of Rainfall Erosivity in Loess Plateau, China
1Arid Land Research Center, Tottori University, 1390 Hamasaka, Tottori 680-0001, Japan
2Desertification Research Institute, National Center for Research, Khartoum 11111, Sudan
3College of Hydraulic and Architecture of North East Agricultural University, Harbin 150030, China
4Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee 247667, India
5Remote Sensing Authority, National center for Research, Khartoum 11111, Sudan
Received 16 January 2013; Accepted 6 February 2013
Academic Editors: J. Artiola, L. A. Dawson, W. Ding, and W. R. Roy
Copyright © 2013 Mohamed A. M. Abd Elbasit et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- L. D. Chen, J. Wang, B. J. Fu, and Y. Qiu, “Land-use change in a small catchment of northern Loess Plateau, China,” Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment, vol. 86, no. 2, pp. 163–172, 2001.
- X. Jiongxin, “Precipitation-vegetation coupling and its influence on erosion on the Loess Plateau, China,” Catena, vol. 64, no. 1, pp. 103–116, 2005.
- M. A. M. Abd Elbasit, H. Yasuda, A. Salmi, and H. Anyoji, “Characterization of rainfall generated by dripper-type rainfall simulator using piezoelectric transducers and its impact on splash soil erosion,” Earth Surface Processes and Landforms, vol. 35, no. 4, pp. 466–475, 2010.
- K. G. Renard, G. R. Foster, G. A. Weesies, D. K. McCool, and D. C. Yoder, Predicting Soil Erosion by Water: A Guide To Conservation Planning with the Revised Universal Soil Loss Equation (RUSLE), issue 703 of Agriculture handbook, USDA, Washington, DC, USA, 1997.
- W. H. Wischmeier and D. D. Smith, “Rainfall energy its relationship to soil loss,” Transaction of American Geophysics Union, vol. 39, pp. 285–291, 1958.
- N. W. Hudson, The influence of rainfall on the mechanics of soil erosion with particular reference to northern Rhodesia [M.S. thesis], University of Cape Town, 1965.
- A. W. Jayawardena and R. B. Rezaur, “Drop size distribution and kinetic energy load of rainstorms in Hong Kong,” Hydrological Processes, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 1069–1082, 2000.
- B. J. Fu, W. W. Zhao, L. D. Chen et al., “Assessment of soil erosion at large watershed scale using RUSLE and GIS: a case study in the Loess Plateau of China,” Land Degradation and Development, vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 73–85, 2005.
- W. B. Zhang, Y. Xie, and B. Y. Liu, “Rainfall erosivity estimation using daily rainfall amounts,” Scientia Goegraphica Sinica, vol. 22, pp. 705–711, 2002 (Chinese).
- Z. Xin, X. Yu, Q. Li, and X. X. Lu, “Spatiotemporal variation in rainfall erosivity on the Chinese Loess Plateau during the period 1956–2008,” Regional Environmental Change, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 149–159, 2011.
- H. M. Arnoldus, “An approximation of the rainfall factor in the universal soil loss equation,” in Assessment of Erosion, M. de Boodt and D. Gabriels, Eds., pp. 127–132, John Wiley and Sons, Chichsester, UK, 1980.
- K. Oduro-Afriyie, “Rainfall erosivity map for Ghana,” Geoderma, vol. 74, no. 1-2, pp. 161–166, 1996.
- C. Munka, G. Cruz, and R. M. Caffera, “Long term variation in rainfall erosivity in Uruguay: a preliminary fournier approach,” Geo Journal, vol. 70, no. 4, pp. 257–262, 2007.
- N. A. Elagib, “Changing rainfall, seasonality and erosivity in the hyper-arid zone of Sudan,” Land Degradation Development, vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 505–512, 2010.
- G. H. Zhang, M. A. Nearing, and B. Y. Liu, “Potential effects of climate change on rainfall erosivity in the Yellow River basin of China,” Transactions of the American Society of Agricultural Engineers, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 511–517, 2005.
- H. Fournier, Climat et erosion, Presses Universitaires de France, Paris, France, 1960.
- A. Kurashima and Y. Hiranuma, “Synoptic and climatological study on the upper moist tongue extending from southeast Asia to east Asia,” in Water Balance of Monsoon Asia, M. M. Yoshino, Ed., pp. 152–169, University of Tokyo Press, Tokyo, Japan, 1971.