- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 267165, 8 pages
Predictability of Inverse Impact Force Location as Affected by Measurement Noise
1Civil Engineering and Mechanics Laboratory, Abdelmalek Essaâdi University, 91001 Tangier , Morocco
2Communications Systems and Detection Laboratory, Abdelmalek Essaâdi University, 93002 Tetouan, Morocco
3Department of Physics, Faculty of Sciences at Tetouan, P.O. Box 2121, M’Hannech II, 93002 Tetouan, Morocco
4Civil and Environmental Engineering Laboratory, Institute of Applied Sciences at Lyon, 20 Albert Einstein avenue, 69621 Villeurbanne Cedex, France
5University of Lyon, 69622 Lyon, France
6IFSTTAR, LBMC, UMR-T9406, Université Lyon 1, Villeurbanne, France
Received 17 June 2013; Accepted 4 September 2013
Academic Editors: J. L. C. Fonseca, T. Matsumoto, and M. Saitou
Copyright © 2013 Abdelali El-Bakari et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. F. Doyle, “Experimentally determining the contact force during the transverse impact of an orthotropic plate,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, vol. 118, no. 3, pp. 441–448, 1987.
- J. F. Doyle, “An experimental method for determining the dynamic contact law,” Experimental Mechanics, vol. 24, no. 1, pp. 10–16, 1984.
- M. Tracy and F.-K. Chang, “Identifying impacts in composite plates with piezoelectric strain sensors—part I: theory,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, vol. 9, no. 11, pp. 920–928, 1999.
- M. T. Martin and J. F. Doyle, “Impact force identification from wave propagation responses,” International Journal of Impact Engineering, vol. 18, no. 1, pp. 65–77, 1996.
- H. Inoue, K. Kishimoto, and T. Shibuya, “Experimental wavelet analysis of flexural waves in beams,” Experimental Mechanics, vol. 36, no. 3, pp. 212–217, 1996.
- C. S. Yen and E. Wu, “On the inverse problem of rectangular plates subjected to elastic impact—part 1: method development and numerical verification,” Journal of Applied Mechanics, vol. 62, pp. 692–698, 1995.
- C. S. Yen and E. Wu, “On the inverse problem of rectangular plates subjected to elastic impact—part 2: experimental verification and further applications,” Journal of Applied Mechanics, vol. 62, pp. 699–705, 1995.
- K. Choi and F.-K. Chang, “Identification of foreign object impact in structures using distributed sensors,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 864–869, 1994.
- E.-S. Shin, “Real-time recovery of impact force based on finite element analysis,” Computers and Structures, vol. 76, no. 5, pp. 621–635, 2000.
- J. F. Doyle, “A genetic algorithm for determining the location of structural impacts,” Experimental Mechanics, vol. 34, no. 1, pp. 37–44, 1994.
- J. H. Holland, Adaptation in Natural and Artificial System, University of Michigan Press, Ann Arbor, Mich, USA, 1975.
- R. Eberhart and J. Kennedy, “New optimizer using particle swarm theory,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Symposium on Micro Machine and Human Science, pp. 39–43, Nagoya, Japan, October 1995.
- J. Kennedy and R. Eberhart, “Particle swarm optimization,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Neural Networks, pp. 1942–1948, Piscataway, NJ, USA, December 1995.
- S. Koziel and Z. Michalewicz, “Evolutionary algorithms, homomorphous mappings, and constrained parameter optimization,” Evolutionary Computation, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 19–44, 1999.
- Y. Shi and R. Eberhart, “Modified particle swarm optimizer,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Evolutionary Computation (ICEC '98), pp. 69–73, May 1998.
- Q. He and L. Wang, “An effective co-evolutionary particle swarm optimization for constrained engineering design problems,” Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 89–99, 2007.