- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 316528, 5 pages
Short-Term Stability of Biomarkers of Oxidative Stress and Antioxidant Status in Human Serum
1Center for Health Protection, National Institute of Public Health and the Environment, P.O. Box 1, 3720 BA Bilthoven, The Netherlands
2Department of Biochemistry, Medical Academy, Lithuanian University of Health Sciences, A. Mickeviciaus 9, 44307 Kaunas, Lithuania
3Department of Biological and Biochemical Sciences, Faculty of Chemical Technology, University of Pardubice, Studentska 573, 53210 Pardubice, Czech Republic
4Department of Clinical Biochemistry and Diagnostics, Regional Hospital of Pardubice, Kyjevska 44, 53203 Pardubice, Czech Republic
Received 16 April 2013; Accepted 26 May 2013
Academic Editors: Z. Feng and S. Paris-Palacios
Copyright © 2013 Eugène H. J. M. Jansen et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. Lippi, J. J. Chance, S. Church et al., “Preanalytical quality improvement: from dream to reality,” Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 49, no. 7, pp. 1113–1126, 2011.
- D. Koracevic, G. Koracevic, V. Djordjevic, S. Andrejevic, and V. Cosic, “Method for the measurement of antioxidant activity in human fluids,” Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 356–361, 2001.
- I. S. Young, “Measurement of total antioxidant capacity,” Journal of Clinical Pathology, vol. 54, no. 5, p. 339, 2001.
- G. Cao and R. L. Prior, “Comparison of different analytical methods for assessing total antioxidant capacity of human serum,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 1309–1315, 1998.
- A. Ghiselli, M. Serafini, F. Natella, and C. Scaccini, “Total antioxidant capacity as a tool to assess redox status: critical view and experimental data,” Free Radical Biology and Medicine, vol. 29, no. 11, pp. 1106–1114, 2000.
- C. Kusano and B. Ferrari, “Total antioxidant capacity: a biomarker in biomedical and nutritional studies,” Journal of Cell and Molecular Biology, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 1–15, 2008.
- S. Sarbana, A. Kocyigitb, M. Yazaram, and U. E. Isikana, “Plasma total antioxidantcapacity, lipid peroxidation, and erythrocyte antioxidant enzyme activities in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis,” Clinical Biochemistry, vol. 38, no. 11, pp. 981–986, 2005.
- A. M. Leufkens, F. J. B. van Duijnhoven, S. H. S. Woudt et al., “Biomarkers of oxidative stress and risk of developing colorectal cancer: a cohort-nested case-control study in the European prospective investigation into cancer and nutrition,” The American Journal of Epidemiology, vol. 175, no. 7, pp. 653–663, 2012.
- O. Erel, “A novel automated direct measurement method for total antioxidant capacity using a new generation, more stable ABTS radical cation,” Clinical Biochemistry, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 277–285, 2004.
- I. F. F. Benzie and J. J. Strain, “The ferric reducing ability of plasma (FRAP) as a measure of “antioxidant power”: the FRAP assay,” Analytical Biochemistry, vol. 239, no. 1, pp. 70–76, 1996.
- E. H. J. M. Jansen and T. Ruskovska, “Comparative analysis of serum (Anti)oxidative status parameters in healthy persons,” International Journal of Molecular Sciences, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. 6106–6115, 2013.
- S. S. Tworoger and S. E. Hankinson, “Collection, processing, and storage of biological samples in epidemiologic studies: sex hormones, carotenoids, inflammatory markers, and proteomics as examples,” Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers and Prevention, vol. 15, no. 9, pp. 1578–1581, 2006.
- E. H. Jansen, P. K. Beekhof, J. W. Cremers, D. Viezeliene, V. Muzakova, and J. Skalicky, “Long term stability of parameters of antioxidant status in human serum,” Free Radical Research, vol. 47, no. 6-7, pp. 535–540, 2013.