- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Analytical Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 357807, 6 pages
Micelle-Mediated Extraction Prior to LC-UV for Preconcentration and Determination of Trace Amounts of Bisphenol A in Environmental Samples
1Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, Semnan University, Semnan, Iran
2Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Sciences, Rasht Branch, Islamic Azad University, Rasht, Iran
Received 27 March 2013; Accepted 16 April 2013
Academic Editors: C. Desiderio, R. K. Jyothi, J. J. Santana Rodriguez, and A. Taga
Copyright © 2013 Naghi Saadatjou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. S. Wong, D. R. Green, and W. J. Cretney, “Quantitative tar and plastic waste distributions in the Pacific Ocean,” Nature, vol. 247, no. 5435, pp. 30–32, 1974.
- J. B. Colton, F. D. Knapp, and B. R. Burns, “Plastic particles in surface waters of the Northwestern Atlantic,” Science, vol. 185, no. 4150, pp. 491–497, 1974.
- A. V. Krishnan, P. Stathis, S. F. Permuth, L. Tokes, and D. Feldman, “Bisphenol-A: an estrogenic substance is released from polycarbonate flasks during autoclaving,” Endocrinology, vol. 132, no. 6, pp. 2279–2286, 1993.
- J. A. Brotons, M. F. Olea-Serrano, M. Villalobos, V. Pedraza, and N. Olea, “Xenoestrogens released from lacquer coatings in food cans,” Environmental Health Perspectives, vol. 103, no. 6, pp. 608–612, 1995.
- M. Ash and I. Ash, Handbook of Plastic and Rubber Additives, Gower, Hampshire, UK, 1995.
- C. M. Chang, C. C. Chou, and M. R. Lee, “Determining leaching of bisphenol A from plastic containers by solid-phase microextraction and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 539, no. 1-2, pp. 41–47, 2005.
- Environmental agency of Japan. Chemicals in the environment, 1997.
- T. Yamamoto, A. Yasuhara, H. Shiraishi, and O. Nakasugi, “Bisphenol A in hazardous waste landfill leachates,” Chemosphere, vol. 42, no. 4, pp. 415–418, 2001.
- J. E. Biles, T. P. McNeal, T. H. Begley, and H. C. Hollifield, “Determination of bisphenol-A in reusable polycarbonate food-contact plastics and migration to food-simulating liquids,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 45, no. 9, pp. 3541–3544, 1997.
- P. Parez, R. Pulgar, F. Olea-Serrano et al., “The estrogenicity of bisphenol A-related diphenylalkanes with various substituents at the central carbon and the hydroxy groups,” Environmental Health Perspectives, vol. 106, no. 3, pp. 167–174, 1998.
- S. C. Nagel, F. S. Vom Saal, K. A. Thayer, M. G. Dhar, M. Boechler, and W. V. Welshons, “Relative binding affinity-serum modified access (RBA-SMA) assay predicts the relative in vivo bioactivity of the xenoestrogens bisphenol A and octylphenol,” Environmental Health Perspectives, vol. 105, no. 1, pp. 70–76, 1997.
- J. L. Vílchez, A. Zafra, A. González-Casado, E. Hontoria, and M. Del Olmo, “Determination of trace amounts of bisphenol F, bisphenol A and their diglycidyl ethers in wastewater by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 431, no. 1, pp. 31–40, 2001.
- M. Rezaee, Y. Yamini, S. Shariati, A. Esrafili, and M. Shamsipur, “Dispersive liquid-liquid microextraction combined with high-performance liquid chromatography-UV detection as a very simple, rapid and sensitive method for the determination of bisphenol A in water samples,” Journal of Chromatography A, vol. 1216, no. 9, pp. 1511–1514, 2009.
- U. Bolz, W. Körner, and H. Hagenmaier, “Development and validation of a GC/MS method for determination of phenolic xenoestrogens in aquatic samples,” Chemosphere, vol. 40, no. 9–11, pp. 929–935, 2000.
- S. N. Pedersen and C. Lindholst, “Quantification of the xenoestrogens 4-tert.-octylphenol and bisphenol A in water and in fish tissue based on microwave assisted extraction, solid-phase extraction and liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry,” Journal of Chromatography A, vol. 864, no. 1, pp. 17–24, 1999.
- H. G. J. Mol, S. Sunarto, and O. M. Steijger, “Determination of endocrine disruptors in water after derivatization with N-methyl-N-(tert-butyldimethyltrifluoroacetamide) using gas chromatography with mass spectrometric detection,” Journal of Chromatography A, vol. 879, no. 1, pp. 97–112, 2000.
- M. Kawaguchi, Y. Hayatsu, H. Nakata et al., “Molecularly imprinted solid phase extraction using stable isotope labeled compounds as template and liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry for trace analysis of bisphenol A in water sample,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 539, no. 1-2, pp. 83–89, 2005.
- B. San Vicente, F. Navarro Villoslada, and M. C. Moreno-Bondi, “Continuous solid-phase extraction and preconcentration of bisphenol a in aqueous samples using molecularly imprinted columns,” Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, vol. 380, no. 1, pp. 115–122, 2004.
- A. Eiguren Fernández, Z. Sosa Ferrera, and J. J. Santana Rodríguez, “Application of cloud-point methodology to the determination of polychlorinated dibenzofurans in sea water by high-performance liquid chromatography,” Analyst, vol. 124, no. 4, pp. 487–491, 1999.
- R. Carabias-Martinez, E. Rodriguez-Gonzalo, J. Dominguez-Alvarez, and J. Hernández-Méndez, “Cloud point extraction as a preconcentration step prior to capillary electrophoresis,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 71, no. 13, pp. 2468–2474, 1999.
- A. Saleh, Y. Yamini, M. Faraji, S. Shariati, and M. Rezaee, “Hollow fiber liquid phase microextraction followed by high performance liquid chromatography for determination of ultra-trace levels of Se(IV) after derivatization in urine, plasma and natural water samples,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 877, no. 18-19, pp. 1758–1764, 2009.
- R. K. Roy, A Primer on Taguchi Method, Van Nostrand Reinhold, New York, NY, USA, 1990.
- G. Zhu and H. Ju, “Determination of naproxen with solid substrate room temperature phosphorimetry based on an orthogonal array design,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 506, no. 2, pp. 177–181, 2004.
- S. C. Cunha, C. Almeida, E. Mendes, and J. O. Fernandes, “Simultaneous determination of bisphenol A and bisphenol B in beverages and powdered infant formula by dispersive liquid-liquid micro-extraction and heart-cutting multidimensional gas chromatography-mass spectrometry,” Food Additives and Contaminants Part A, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 513–526, 2011.
- M. Kawaguchi, K. Inoue, M. Yoshimura et al., “Determination of bisphenol A in river water and body fluid samples by stir bar sorptive extraction with in situ derivatization and thermal desorption-gas chromatography-mass spectrometry,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 805, no. 1, pp. 41–48, 2004.
- L. Deng, Y. X. Liu, P. Y. Chen, L. Wang, and N. S. Deng, “Determination of trace bisphenol A in leachate by solid phase microextraction coupled with high performance liquid chromatography,” Analytical Letters, vol. 39, no. 2, pp. 395–404, 2006.
- H. Ohkuma, K. Abe, M. Ito, A. Kokado, A. Kambegawa, and M. Maeda, “Development of a highly sensitive enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for bisphenol A in serum,” Analyst, vol. 127, no. 1, pp. 93–97, 2002.
- M. P. Zhao, Y. Z. Li, Z. Q. Guo, X. X. Zhang, and W. B. Chang, “A new competitive enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) for determination of estrogenic bisphenols,” Talanta, vol. 57, no. 6, pp. 1205–1210, 2002.
- B. Delgado, V. Pino, J. H. Ayala, V. González, and A. M. Afonso, “Nonionic surfactant mixtures: a new cloud-point extraction approach for the determination of PAHs in seawater using HPLC with fluorimetric detection,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 518, no. 1-2, pp. 165–172, 2004.
- M. Ghambarian, Y. Yamini, A. Saleh, S. Shariati, and N. Yazdanfar, “Taguchi OA16 orthogonal array design for the optimization of cloud point extraction for selenium determination in environmental and biological samples by tungsten-modified tube electrothermal atomic absorption spectrometry,” Talanta, vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 970–976, 2009.
- F. Shemirani, M. Baghdadi, M. Ramezani, and M. R. Jamali, “Determination of ultra trace amounts of bismuth in biological and water samples by electrothermal atomic absorption spectrometry (ET-AAS) after cloud point extraction,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 534, no. 1, pp. 163–169, 2005.
- R. Carabias-Martínez, E. Rodriguez-Gonzalo, B. Moreno-Cordero, J. L. Pérez-Pavón, C. Garcia-Pinto, and E. Fernandez Laespada, “Surfactant cloud point extraction and preconcentration of organic compounds prior to chromatography and capillary electrophoresis,” Journal of Chromatography A, vol. 902, no. 1, pp. 251–265, 2000.
- B. Fröschl, G. Stangl, and R. Niessner, “Combination of micellar extraction and GC-ECD for the determination of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) in water,” Fresenius' Journal of Analytical Chemistry, vol. 357, no. 6, pp. 743–746, 1997.
- R. P. Frankewich and W. L. Hinze, “Evaluation and optimization of the factors affecting nonionic surfactant-mediated phase separations,” Analytical Chemistry, vol. 66, no. 7, pp. 944–954, 1994.