- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Analytical Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 391053, 5 pages
Determination of the Binding Parameters between Proteins and Luminol by Chemiluminescence Using Flow Injection Technique
Key Laboratory of Synthetic and Natural Functional Molecule Chemistry of Ministry of Education, College of Chemistry & Material Science, Northwest University, Xi'an 710069, China
Received 8 April 2013; Accepted 16 May 2013
Academic Editors: Z. Arslan and K. Ohyama
Copyright © 2013 Jie Guo et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Teilum, J. G. Olsen, and B. B. Kragelund, “Functional aspects of protein flexibility,” Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences, vol. 66, no. 14, pp. 2231–2247, 2009.
- A. Dhar, K. Girdhar, D. Singh, H. Gelman, S. Ebbinghaus, and M. Gruebele, “Protein stability and folding kinetics in the nucleus and endoplasmic reticulum of Eucaryotic Cells,” Biophysical Journal, vol. 101, no. 2, pp. 421–430, 2011.
- G. Paramaguru, A. Kathiravan, S. Selvaraj, P. Venuvanalingam, and R. Renganathan, “Interaction of anthraquinone dyes with lysozyme: evidences from spectroscopic and docking studies,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 175, no. 1–3, pp. 985–991, 2010.
- R. J. Pantazes, M. J. Grisewood, and C. D. Maranas, “Recent advances in computational protein design,” Current Opinion in Structural Biology, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 467–472, 2011.
- H. M. Zhang, J. Chen, Q. H. Zhou, Y. Q. Shi, and Y. Q. Wang, “Study on the interaction between cinnamic acid and lysozyme,” Journal of Molecular Structure, vol. 987, no. 1–3, pp. 7–12, 2011.
- N. Shahabadi and M. Mohammadpour, “Study on the interaction of sodium morin-5-sulfonate with bovine serum albumin by spectroscopic techniques,” Spectrochimica Acta A, vol. 86, pp. 191–195, 2012.
- W. Du, T. Teng, C. C. Zhou, L. Xi, and J. Z. Wang, “Spectroscopic studies on the interaction of bovine serum albumin with ginkgolic acid: binding characteristics and structural analysis,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 132, no. 5, pp. 1207–1214, 2012.
- G. W. Zhang, N. Zhao, X. Hu, and J. Tian, “Interaction of alpinetin with bovine serum albumin: probing of the mechanism and binding site by spectroscopic methods,” Spectrochimica Acta A, vol. 76, no. 3-4, pp. 410–417, 2010.
- W. P. Wang, W. A. Min, J. R. Chen, X. H. Wu, and Z. D. Hu, “Binding study of diprophylline with lysozyme by spectroscopic methods,” Journal of Luminescence, vol. 131, no. 4, pp. 820–824, 2011.
- D. Ganini, M. Christoff, M. Ehrenshaft, M. B. Kadiiska, R. P. Mason, and E. J. H. Bechara, “Myoglobin-H2O2 catalyzes the oxidation of β-ketoacids to α-dicarbonyls: mechanism and implications in ketosis,” Free Radical Biology and Medicine, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 733–743, 2011.
- M. I. González-Sánchez, F. García-Carmona, H. Macià, and E. Valero, “Catalase-like activity of human methemoglobin: a kinetic and mechanistic study,” Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics, vol. 516, no. 1, pp. 10–20, 2011.
- N. S. Moyon and S. Mitra, “Luminol fluorescence quenching in biomimicking environments: sequestration of fluorophore in hydrophobic domain,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 115, no. 33, pp. 10163–10172, 2011.
- J. B. Xiao, J. W. Chen, H. Cao, and F. L. Ren, “Study of the interaction between baicalin and bovine serum albumin by multi-spectroscopic method,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 191, no. 2-3, pp. 222–227, 2007.
- T. Banerjee, S. K. Singh, and N. Kishore, “Binding of naproxen and amitriptyline to bovine serum albumin: biophysical aspects,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 110, no. 47, pp. 24147–24156, 2006.
- B. L. Cao, S. Endsley, and N. H. Andersen, “19F NMR studies of tryptophan/serum albumin binding,” Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 69–75, 2003.
- Y. M. Huang, Z. Z. Zhang, D. J. Zhang, and J. D. Lv, “Flow-injection analysis chemiluminescence detection combined with microdialysis sampling for studying protein binding of drug,” Talanta, vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 835–841, 2001.
- S. Kulmala and J. Suomi, “Current status of modern analytical luminescence methods,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 500, no. 1-2, pp. 21–69, 2003.
- X. Wang, J. M. Lin, M. L. Liu, and X. L. Cheng, “Flow-based luminescence-sensing methods for environmental water analysis,” Trends in Analytical Chemistry, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 75–87, 2009.
- M. C. Icardo and J. M. Calatayud, “Photo-induced luminescence,” Critical Reviews in Analytical Chemistry, vol. 38, no. 2, pp. 118–130, 2008.
- E. H. White, O. Zafiriou, H. H. Kägi, and J. H. M. Hill, “Chemiluminescence of luminol: the chemical reaction,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 86, no. 5, pp. 940–941, 1964.
- J. M. Sanders, L. J. Chen, L. T. Burka, and H. B. Matthews, “Metabolism and disposition of luminol in the rat,” Xenobiotica, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 263–272, 2000.
- S. Irie, “The treatment of alopecia areata with 3-aminophthal-hydrazide,” Current Therapeutic Research, Clinical and Experimental, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 107–110, 1960.
- S. Irie, “Influence of 3-aminophthalhydrazide on the prothrombin time,” Current Therapeutic Research, Clinical and Experimental, vol. 2, no. 5, pp. 153–157, 1960.
- S. Irie, “The treatment of wounds with 3-aminophthalhydrazide,” The American surgeon, vol. 27, pp. 642–645, 1961.
- H. Zhang, T. Shibata, T. Krawczyk et al., “Facile detection of proteins on a solid-phase membrane by direct binding of dextran-based luminol-biotin chemiluminescent polymer,” Talanta, vol. 79, no. 3, pp. 700–705, 2009.
- S. Bi, H. Zhou, and S. Zhang, “Multilayers enzyme-coated carbon nanotubes as biolabel for ultrasensitive chemiluminescence immunoassay of cancer biomarker,” Biosensors and Bioelectronics, vol. 24, no. 10, pp. 2961–2966, 2009.
- K. Mervartová, M. Polášek, and J. M. Calatayud, “Recent applications of flow-injection and sequential-injection analysis techniques to chemiluminescence determination of pharmaceuticals,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 45, no. 3, pp. 367–381, 2007.
- A. R. Bowie, M. G. Sanders, and P. J. Worsfold, “Analytical applications of liquid phase chemiluminescence reactions—a review,” Journal of Bioluminescence and Chemiluminescence, vol. 11, no. 2, pp. 61–90, 1996.
- N. S. Moyon and S. Mitra, “On the interaction of luminol with human serum albumin: nature and thermodynamics of ligand binding,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 498, no. 1–3, pp. 178–183, 2010.
- X. J. Tan, Z. H. Song, D. H. Chen, and Z. M. Wang, “Study on the chemiluminescence behavior of bovine serum albumin with luminol and its analytical application,” Spectrochimica Acta A, vol. 79, no. 1, pp. 232–235, 2011.
- D. H. Chen and Z. H. Song, “In vitro monitoring of picogram levels of risperidone in human urine via luminollysozyme flow injection chemiluminescence,” Microchimica Acta, vol. 171, no. 3-4, pp. 437–440, 2010.
- Z. M. Wang, D. H. Chen, X. Gao, and Z. H. Song, “Subpicogram determination of melamine in milk products using a luminol-myoglobin chemiluminescence system,” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 57, no. 9, pp. 3464–3469, 2009.
- D. H. Chen, Z. M. Wang, Y. Zhang, X. Y. Xiong, and Z. H. Song, “Study on the interaction behavior of catalase with cephalosporins by chemiluminescence with flow injection analysis,” Analytical Methods, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 1485–1487, 2012.
- G. Scatchard, “The attraction of proteins for small molecules and ions,” Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences, vol. 51, pp. 660–672, 1949.
- A. A. Spector, J. E. Fletcher, and J. D. Ashbrook, “Analysis of long-chain free fatty acid binding to bovine serum albumin by determination of stepwise equilibrium constants,” Biochemistry, vol. 10, no. 17, pp. 3229–3232, 1971.
- P. D. Ross and S. Subramanian, “Thermodynamics of protein association reactions: forces contributing to stability,” Biochemistry, vol. 20, no. 11, pp. 3096–3102, 1981.