- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 403542, 10 pages
Inhibition of Mild Steel Corrosion in Sulphuric Acid Using Esomeprazole and the Effect of Iodide Ion Addition
Department of Chemistry, Gandhigram Rural Institute-Deemed University, Gandhigram, Tamil Nadu 624302, India
Received 30 January 2013; Accepted 26 February 2013
Academic Editors: C. Bao, F. Deflorian, C. Gervasi, and E. M. Richter
Copyright © 2013 G. Karthik and M. Sundaravadivelu. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. A. Ali, M. T. Saeed, and S. V. Rahman, “The isoxazolidines: a new class of corrosion inhibitors of mild steel in acidic medium,” Corrosion Science, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 253–266, 2003.
- F. Bentiss, M. Lagrence, M. Traisnel, and J. C. Hornez, “The corrosion inhibition of mild steel in acidic media by a new triazole derivative,” Corrosion Science, vol. 41, no. 4, pp. 789–803, 1999.
- M. A. Quraishi, R. Sardar, and D. Jamal, “Corrosion inhibition of mild steel in hydrochloric acid by some aromatic hydrazides,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 71, no. 3, pp. 309–313, 2001.
- R. A. Prabhu, A. V. Shanbhag, and T. V. Venkatesha, “Influence of tramadol [2-[(dimethylamino)methyl]-1-(3-methoxyphenyl) cyclohexanol hydrate] on corrosion inhibition of mild steel in acidic media,” Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 491–497, 2007.
- T. P. Zhao and G. N. Mu, “The adsorption and corrosion inhibition of anion surfactants on aluminium surface in hydrochloric acid,” Corrosion Science, vol. 41, no. 10, pp. 1937–1944, 1999.
- I. . Ahamed and M. A. Quraishi, “Mebendazole: new and efficient corrosion inhibitor for mild steel in acid medium,” Corrosion Science, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 651–656, 2010.
- W.-h. Li, Q. He, S.-t. Zhang, C. l. Pei, and B.-r. Hou, “Some new triazole derivatives as inhibitors for mild steel corrosion in acidic medium,” Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, vol. 38, no. 3, pp. 289–295, 2008.
- S. A. Umoren and E. E. Ebenso, “The synergistic effect of polyacrylamide and iodide ions on the corrosion inhibition of mild steel in H2SO4,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 106, no. 2-3, pp. 387–393, 2007.
- R. T. Foley, “Role of the chloride ion in iron corrosion,” Corrosion, vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 58–70, 1970.
- M. A. Quraishi and J. Rawat, “Corrosion inhibition of mild steel in acid solutions by tetramethyl-dithia-octaazacyclotetradeca hexaene (MTAT),” Anti-Corrosion Methods and Materials, vol. 47, no. 5, pp. 288–293, 2000.
- S. Khan and M. A. Quraishi, “Synergistic effect of potassium iodide on inhibitive performance of thiadiazoles during corrosion of mild steel in 20% sulfuric acid,” The Arabian Journal For Science and Engineering, vol. 35, no. 1A, pp. 71–82, 2010.
- L. M. Vracar and D. M. Drazic, “Adsorption and corrosion inhibitive properties of some organic molecules on iron electrode in sulfuric acid,” Corrosion Science, vol. 44, no. 8, pp. 1669–1680, 2002.
- W. A. Badawy, K. M. Ismail, and A. M. Fathi, “Corrosion control of Cu-Ni alloys in neutral chloride solutions by amino acids,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 51, no. 20, pp. 4182–4189, 2006.
- M. A. Migahed, H. M. Mohammed, and A. M. Al-Sabagh, “Corrosion inhibition of H-11 type carbon steel in 1 M hydrochloric acid solution by N-propyl amino lauryl amide and its ethoxylated derivatives,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 80, no. 1, pp. 169–175, 2003.
- A. A. Abdul Azim, L. A. Shalaby, and H. Abbas, “Mechanism of the corrosion inhibition of Zn Anode in NaOH by gelatine and some inorganic anions,” Corrosion Science, vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 21–24, 1974.
- M. Hosseini, S. F. L. Mertens, and M. R. Arshadi, “Synergism and antagonism in mild steel corrosion inhibition by sodium dodecylbenzenesulphonate and hexamethylenetetramine,” Corrosion Science, vol. 45, no. 7, pp. 1473–1489, 2003.
- X. H. Li and G. N. Mu, “Tween-40 as corrosion inhibitor for cold rolled steel in sulphuric acid: weight loss study, electrochemical characterization, and AFM,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 252, no. 5, pp. 1254–1265, 2005.
- T. Szauer and A. Brand, “Mechanism of inhibition of electrode reactions at high surface coverages-II,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 26, no. 9, pp. 1219–1224, 1981.
- L. Larabi, Y. Harek, M. Traisnel, and A. Mansri, “Synergistic influence of poly(4-vinylpyridine) and potassium iodide on inhibition of corrosion of mild steel in 1 M HCl,” Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, vol. 34, no. 8, pp. 833–839, 2004.
- X. Li, S. Deng, and H. Fu, “Benzyltrimethylammonium iodide as a corrosion inhibitor for steel in phosphoric acid produced by dihydrate wet method process,” Corrosion Science, vol. 53, no. 5, pp. 664–670, 2011.
- C. N. Cao, “On electrochemical techniques for interface inhibitor research,” Corrosion Science, vol. 38, no. 12, pp. 2073–2082, 1996.
- E. S. Ferreira, C. Giancomelli, F. C. Giacomelli, and A. Spinelli, “Evaluation of the inhibitor effect of l-ascorbic acid on the corrosion of mild steel,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 83, no. 1, pp. 129–134, 2004.
- S. S. Abdel-Rehim, M. A. M. Ibrahim, and K. F. Khaled, “The inhibition of 4-(-amino--methylphenylazo) antipyrine on corrosion of mild steel in HCl solution,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 268–273, 2001.
- A. K. Singh and M. A. Quraishi, “Effect of Cefazolin on the corrosion of mild steel in HCl solution,” Corrosion Science, vol. 52, no. 1, pp. 152–160, 2010.