- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 415918, 5 pages
Efficacy and Safety of Enoxaparin for Preventing Venous Thromboembolic Events following Urologic Laparoscopic Surgery
Department of Urology, Oita University Faculty of Medicine, 1-1 Idaigaoka, Hasama-machi, Yufu, Oita 879-5593, Japan
Received 12 April 2013; Accepted 19 May 2013
Academic Editors: C. S. Biyani and A. Fandella
Copyright © 2013 Takeo Nomura et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- G. P. Clagett and J. S. Reisch, “Prevention of venous thromboembolism in general surgical patients,” Annals of Surgery, vol. 208, no. 2, pp. 227–240, 1988.
- P. A. Flordal, D. Bergqvist, U. Burmark, K. Ljungström, and S. Törngren, “Risk factors for major thromboembolism and bleeding tendency after elective general surgical operations. The Fragmin Multicentre Study Group,” European Journal of Surgery, vol. 162, no. 10, pp. 783–789, 1996.
- G. D. Motykie, L. P. Zebala, J. A. Caprini et al., “A guide to venous thromboembolism risk factor assessment,” Journal of Thrombosis and Thrombolysis, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 253–262, 2000.
- M. Sakon, Y. Maehara, H. Yoshikawa, and H. Akaza, “Incidence of venous thromboembolism following major abdominal surgery: a multi-center, prospective epidemiological study in Japan,” Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 581–586, 2006.
- T. H. Toledano, D. Kondal, S. R. Kahn, and V. Tagalakis, “The occurrence of venous thromboembolism in cancer patients following major surgery,” Thrombosis Research, vol. 131, no. 1, pp. e1–e5, 2013.
- J. Rassweiler, P. Fornara, M. Weber et al., “Laparoscopic nephrectomy: the experience of the laparoscopy working group of the German Urologic Association,” Journal of Urology, vol. 160, no. 1, pp. 18–21, 1998.
- F. P. Secin, T. Jiborn, A. S. Bjartell et al., “Multi-institutional study of symptomatic deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism in prostate cancer patients undergoing laparoscopic or robot-assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy,” European Urology, vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 134–145, 2008.
- D. S. Beebe, M. P. McNevin, J. M. Crain et al., “Evidence of venous stasis after abdominal insufflation for laparoscopic cholecystectomy,” Surgery Gynecology and Obstetrics, vol. 176, no. 5, pp. 443–447, 1993.
- A. P. Sobolewski, R. M. Deshmukh, B. L. Brunson et al., “Venous hemodynamic changes during laparoscopic cholecystectomy,” Journal of Laparoendoscopic Surgery, vol. 5, no. 6, pp. 363–369, 1995.
- W. H. Geerts, J. A. Heit, G. P. Clagett et al., “Prevention of venous thromboembolism,” Chest, vol. 119, no. 1, pp. 132S–175S, 2001.
- P. Mismetti, S. Laporte, J.-Y. Darmon, A. Buchmüller, and H. Decousus, “Meta-analysis of low molecular weight heparin in the prevention of venous thromboembolism in general surgery,” British Journal of Surgery, vol. 88, no. 7, pp. 913–930, 2001.
- W. H. Geerts, D. Bergqvist, G. F. Pineo et al., “Prevention of venous thromboembolism: American College of Chest Physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines (8th edition),” Chest, vol. 133, no. 6, pp. 381S–453S, 2008.
- R. J. Allgood, J. H. Cook, R. J. Weedn, H. K. Speed, W. H. Whitcomb, and L. J. Greenfield, “Prospective analysis of pulmonary embolism in the postoperative patient,” Surgery, vol. 68, no. 1, pp. 116–122, 1970.
- A. N. Nicolaides, “Prevention of venous thromboembolism. International Consensus Statement. Guidelines compiled in accordance with the scientific evidence,” International Angiology, vol. 20, no. 1, pp. 1–37, 2001.
- J. C. Hu, R. A. Nelson, T. G. Wilson et al., “Perioperative complications of laparoscopic and robotic assisted laparoscopic radical prostatectomy,” Journal of Urology, vol. 175, no. 2, pp. 541–546, 2006.
- J. B. Forrest, J. Q. Clemens, P. Finamore et al., “AUA Best Practice Statement for the prevention of deep vein thrombosis in patients undergoing urologic surgery,” Journal of Urology, vol. 181, no. 3, pp. 1170–1177, 2009.
- M. Van Hemelrijck, H. Garmo, L. Holmberg, P. Stattin, and J. Adolfsson, “Multiple events of fractures and cardiovascular and thromboembolic disease following prostate cancer diagnosis: results from the population-based PCBaSe Sweden,” European Urology, vol. 61, no. 4, pp. 690–700, 2012.
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES) Guidelines Committee, “Guidelines for deep venous thrombosis prophylaxis during laparoscopic surgery,” Surgical Endoscopy, vol. 21, no. 6, pp. 1007–1009, 2007.
- M. Sakon, T. Kobayashi, and T. Shimazui, “Efficacy and safety of enoxaparin in Japanese patients undergoing curative abdominal or pelvic cancer surgery: results from a multicenter, randomized, open-label study,” Thrombosis Research, vol. 125, no. 3, pp. e65–e70, 2010.
- I. S. Han, E. Y. Chung, and Y. Hahn, “Spinal epidural hematoma after epidural anesthesia in a patient receiving enoxaparin—a case report,” Korean Journal of Anesthesiology, vol. 59, no. 2, pp. 119–122, 2010.
- V. V. Kakkar, A. T. Cohen, R. A. Edmonson et al., “Low molecular weight versus standard heparin for prevention of venous thromboembolism after major abdominal surgery,” The Lancet, vol. 341, no. 8840, pp. 259–265, 1993.
- V. V. Kakkar, O. Boeckl, B. Boneu et al., “Efficacy and safety of a low-molecular-weight heparin and standard unfractionated heparin for prophylaxis of postoperative venous thromboembolism: european multicenter trial,” World Journal of Surgery, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 2–9, 1997.