- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Artificial Intelligence
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 430986, 9 pages
Yield Prediction for Tomato Greenhouse Using EFuNN
School of Engineering, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, UK
Received 9 January 2013; Accepted 28 January 2013
Academic Editors: C. Kotropoulos, H. Ling, and L. S. Wang
Copyright © 2013 Kefaya Qaddoum et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. W. Jones, E. Dayan, L. H. Allen, H. van Keulen, and H. Challa, “Dynamic tomato growth and yield model (TOMGRO),” Transactions of the ASAE, vol. 34, no. 2, pp. 663–672, 1991.
- J. W. Jones, A. Kening, and C. E. Vallejos, “Reduced state-variable tomato growth model,” Transactions of the ASAE, vol. 42, no. 1, pp. 255–265, 1999.
- H. Heuvelink, “Growth, development and yield of a tomato crop: periodic destructive measurements in a greenhouse,” Scientia Horticulturae, vol. 61, no. 1-2, pp. 77–99, 1995.
- E. Heuvelink, Tomato growth and yield: quantitative analysis and synthesis [Ph.D. thesis], Wageningen Agricultural University, Wageningen, The Netherlands, 1996.
- P. Abreu, J. F. Meneses, and C. Gary, “Tompousse, a model of yield prediction for tomato crops: calibration study for unheated plastic greenhouses,” Acta Horticulturae, vol. 519, pp. 141–150, 2000.
- S. R. Adams, “Predicting the weekly fluctuations in glasshouse tomato yields,” Acta Horticulturae, vol. 593, pp. 19–23, 2002.
- R. M. de Moraes and L. dos Santos Machado, “Evaluation system based on EFuNN for on-line training evaluation in virtual reality,” in Proceedings of the 10th Iberoamerican Congress on Pattern Recognition, Image Analysis and Applications (CIARP '05), vol. 3773 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, pp. 778–785, 2005.
- H. U. Frausto, J. G. Pieters, and J. M. Deltour, “Modelling greenhouse temperature by means of auto regressive models,” Biosystems Engineering, vol. 84, no. 2, pp. 147–157, 2003.
- R. Linker, I. Seginer, and P. O. Gutman, “Optimal CO2 control in a greenhouse modeled with neural networks,” Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 289–310, 1998.
- I. Seginer, “Some artificial neural network applications to greenhouse environmental control,” Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, vol. 18, no. 2-3, pp. 167–186, 1997.
- I. Seginer, T. Boulard, and B. J. Bailey, “Neural network models of the greenhouse climate,” Journal of Agricultural Engineering Research, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 203–216, 1994.
- P. Salgado and J. B. Cunha, “Greenhouse climate hierarchical fuzzy modelling,” Control Engineering Practice, vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 613–628, 2005.
- H. Ehrlich, M. Kühne, and J. Jäkel, “Development of a fuzzy control system for greenhouses,” Acta Horticulturae, vol. 406, pp. 463–470, 1996.
- L. A. Zadeh, “Fuzzy sets,” Information and Control, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 338–353, 1965.
- B. T. Tien, Neural-fuzzy approach for system identification [Ph.D. thesis], Wageningen Agricultural University, Wageningen, The Netherlands, 1997.
- B. Center and B. P. Verma, “A fuzzy photosynthesis model for tomato,” Transactions of the ASAE, vol. 40, no. 3, pp. 815–821, 1997.
- M. W. Craven and J. W. Shavlik, “Using sampling and queries to extract rules from trained neural networks,” in Proceedings of the 11th International Conference on Machine Learning, pp. 37–45, 1994.
- HortiMax, Village Farms, USA, Reports Record Tomato Production, HortiMax Growing Solutions, Rancho Santa Margarita, Calif, USA, 2008.
- I. Taha and J. Ghosh, “Three techniques for extracting rules from feedforward networks,” Intelligent Engineering Systems through Artificial Neural Networks, vol. 6, pp. 5–10, 1996.
- R. Linker and I. Seginer, “Greenhouse temperature modeling: a comparison between sigmoid neural networks and hybrid models,” Mathematics and Computers in Simulation, vol. 65, no. 1-2, pp. 19–29, 2004.
- J. Huysmans, B. Baesens, and J. Vanthienen, Using Rule Extraction to Improve the Comprehensibility of Predictive Models, Technical Report KBI, 0612, vol. 43, Department of Decision Sciences and Information Management, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Leuven, Belgium, 2006.
- P. Costa, A quantified approach to tomato plant growth status for greenhouse production in a semi arid climate [Ph.D. thesis], University of Arizona, Tucson, Ariz, USA, 2007.
- N. Kasabov, “Adaptable neuro production systems,” Neurocomputing, vol. 13, no. 2–4, pp. 95–117, 1996.
- N. Kasabov, Foundations of Neural Networks, Fuzzy Systems, and Knowledge Engineering, MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass, USA, 1996.
- M. H. Jensen, “Steering your tomatoes towards profit,” in Greenhouse Crop Production and Engineering Design Short Course, Controlled Environment Agriculture Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, Ariz, USA, 2004.
- J. J. Buckley and E. Eslami, An Introduction to Fuzzy Logic and Fuzzy Sets, Physica, Heidelberg, Germany, 2002.
- M. T. Hagan, H. B. Demuth, and M. H. Beale, Neural Network Design, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colo, USA, 1995.
- E. Heuvelink, “Developmental process,” in Tomatoes, E. Heuvelink, Ed., Crop Production Science in Horticulture Series, pp. 53–83, CABI Publishing, Wallingford, UK, 2005.
- E. Heuvelink and M. Dorais, “Crop growth and yield,” in Tomatoes, E. Heuvelink, Ed., Crop Production Science in Horticulture Series, pp. 85–144, CABI Publishing, Wallingford, UK, 2005.
- H. Demuth, M. Beale, and M. Hagan, Neural Network Toolbox 5: User's Guide, The MathWorks, Inc., Natick, Mass, USA, 2007.
- H. Ishibuchi, T. Nakashima, and M. Nii, Classification and Modeling with Linguistic Information Granules: Advanced Approaches to Linguistic Data Mining, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2004.