- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 451208, 8 pages
Infrared Transmission Characteristics and Laser Tissue Interaction of Albino Pigskin Using Pulsed NIR Laser Light
Electrical Engineering, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65211, USA
Received 22 November 2012; Accepted 16 December 2012
Academic Editors: S. R. Restaino and X. Shu
Copyright © 2013 Hisham Abdussamad Abbas and Gregory E. Triplett. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. Ashley Welch and J. C. Martin van Gemert, Optical-Thermal Response of Laser-Irradiated Tissue, Springer, New York, NY, USA, 2011.
- J. Michael Conlan, W. John Rapley, and M. Charles Cobb, “Biostimulation of wound healing by low-energy laser irradiation A review,” Journal of Clinical Periodontology, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 492–496, 1996.
- R. Marks and P. A. Payne, Bioengineering and the Skin, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Hingham, Mass, USA, 1981.
- D. Yudovsky and L. Pilon, “Rapid and accurate estimation of blood saturation, melanin content, and epidermis thickness from spectral diffuse reflectance,” Applied Optics, vol. 49, no. 10, pp. 1707–1719, 2010.
- A. G. Maiya, P. Kumar, and S. Nayak, “Photo-stimulatory effect of low energy helium-neon laser irradiation on excisional diabetic wound healing dynamics in wistar rats,” Indian Journal of Dermatology, vol. 54, no. 4, pp. 323–329, 2009.
- R. D. Lins, E. M. Dantas, K. C. Lucena, M. H. Catão, A. F. Granville-Garcia, and L. G. Carvalho Neto, “Biostimulation effects of low-power laser in the repair process,” Anais Brasileiros de Dermatologia, vol. 85, no. 6, pp. 849–855, 2010.
- Z. Zhang and N. A. Monteiro-Riviere, “Comparison of integrins in human skin, pig skin, and perfused skin: an in vitro skin toxicology model,” Journal of Applied Toxicology, vol. 17, no. 4, pp. 247–253, 1997.
- O. T. Tan, T. J. Stafford, S. Murray, and A. K. Kurban, “Histologic comparison of the pulsed dye laser and copper vapor laser effects on pig skin,” Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 551–558, 1990.
- B. I. Lange, T. Brendel, and G. Hüttmann, “Temperature dependence of light absorption in water at holmium and thulium laser wavelengths,” Applied Optics, vol. 41, no. 27, pp. 5797–5803, 2002.
- E. J. Suh, Y. A. Woo, and H. J. Kim, “Determination of water content in skin by using a FT near infrared spectrometer,” Archives of Pharmacal Research, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 458–462, 2005.