- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 470981, 8 pages
Assessment of Knowledge of Breast Cancer and Screening Methods among Nurses in University Hospitals in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 2011
1Department of Nursing, University of Mekele, Ethiopia
2School of Nursing and Midwifery, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
3Department of Nursing, University of Gondar, Ethiopia
Received 13 May 2013; Accepted 2 July 2013
Academic Editors: R. L. Aft and J. Klijanienko
Copyright © 2013 Semarya Berhe Lemlem et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- WorldHealthStatistics, 2008, http://www.who.int/whosis/whostat/EN_WHS08_Full.pdf.
- T. Ersumo, “Breast cancer in an Ethiopian population, Addis Ababa,” East Africa Journal of Surgery, vol. 11, no. 1, pp. 81–86, 2006.
- B. M. Wadler, C. M. Judge, M. Prout, J. D. Allen, and A. C. Geller, “Improving breast cancer control via the use of community health workers in South Africa: a critical review,” Journal of Oncology, vol. 2011, Article ID 150423, 8 pages, 2011.
- I. M. Alkhasawneh, L. M. Akhu-Zaheya, and S. M. Suleiman, “Jordanian nurses' knowledge and practice of breast self-examination,” Journal of Advanced Nursing, vol. 65, no. 2, pp. 412–416, 2009.
- O. O. Odusanya, “Knowledge, attitudes, and practices of female schoolteachers in Lagos, Nigeria,” The Breast Journal, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 171–175, 2001.
- “Astrazeneca pharmaceuticals, Clinical Oncology Publishes Findings from First-Ever Initiative on Sustainable Breast Cancer Treatment in the Developing World,” http://www.csrwire.com/.
- A. Gebremedhin and M. Shamebo, “Clinical profile of Ethiopian patients with breast cancer,” East African Medical Journal, vol. 75, no. 11, pp. 640–643, 1998.
- “Addis Ababa City Administration Health Bureau, written by administrator Tuesday 21 August 2007, 17: 44,” http://www.addisababacity.gov.et.
- M. Seah and S.-M. Tan, “Am I breast cancer smart? Assessing breast cancer knowledge among healthcare professionals,” Singapore Medical Journal, vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 158–162, 2007.
- I. M. Alkhasawneh, “Knowledge and practice of breast cancer screening among Jordanian nurses,” Oncology Nursing Forum, vol. 34, no. 6, pp. 1211–1217, 2007.
- F. Ahmed, S. Mahmud, J. Hatcher, and S. M. Khan, “Breast cancer risk factor knowledge among nurses in teaching hospitals of Karachi, Pakistan: A cross-sectional study,” BMC Nursing, vol. 5, article 6, 2006.
- A. O. Akhigbe and V. O. Omuemu, “Knowledge, attitudes and practice of breast cancer screening among female health workers in a Nigerian urban city,” BMC Cancer, vol. 9, article 203, 2009.
- A. Yaren, G. Ozkilinc, A. Guler, and I. Oztop, “Awareness of breast and cervical cancer risk factors and screening behaviours among nurses in rural region of Turkey: original article,” European Journal of Cancer Care, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 278–284, 2008.
- P. N. Chong, M. Krishnan, C. Y. Hong, and T. S. Swah, “Knowledge and practice of breast cancer screening amongst public health nurses in Singapore,” Singapore Medical Journal, vol. 43, no. 10, pp. 509–516, 2002.