- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 486050, 8 pages
Influence of Surfactants on the Characteristics of Nickel Matrix Nanocomposite Coatings
Materials Engineering Department, Islamic Azad University, Najafabad Branch, Najafabad, Isfahan, Iran
Received 4 December 2012; Accepted 23 December 2012
Academic Editors: I. G. Casella, F. Deflorian, G.-R. Li, X. R. Nóvoa, and E. Vallés
Copyright © 2013 Abbas Fahami et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- D. Chaliampalias, G. Vourlias, E. Pavlidou, S. Skolianos, K. Chrissafis, and G. Stergioudis, “Comparative examination of the microstructure and high temperature oxidation performance of NiCrBSi flame sprayed and pack cementation coatings,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 255, no. 6, pp. 3605–3612, 2009.
- V. Vitry, A.-F. Kanta, and F. Delaunois, “Application of nitriding to electroless nickel-boron coatings: chemical and structural effects; mechanical characterization; corrosion resistance,” Materials & Design, vol. 39, pp. 269–278, 2012.
- V. Vitry, A. F. Kanta, and F. Delaunois, “Initiation and formation of electroless nickel-boron coatings on mild steel: effect of substrate roughness,” Materials Science and Engineering B, vol. 175, no. 3, pp. 266–273, 2010.
- B. Ramezanzadeh and M. M. Attar, “Studying the corrosion resistance and hydrolytic degradation of an epoxy coating containing ZnO nanoparticles,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 130, no. 3, pp. 1208–1219, 2011.
- J. X. Kang, W. Z. Zhao, and G. F. Zhang, “Influence of electrodeposition parameters on the deposition rate and microhardness of nanocrystalline Ni coatings,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 203, no. 13, pp. 1815–1818, 2009.
- P. Sahoo and S. K. Das, “Tribology of electroless nickel coatings—a review,” Materials and Design, vol. 32, no. 4, pp. 1760–1775, 2011.
- S. C. Tjong and H. Chen, “Nanocrystalline materials and coatings,” Materials Science & Engineering R-Reports, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 1–88, 2004.
- C. Suryanarayana and C. C. Koch, “Nanocrystalline materials—current research and future directions,” Hyperfine Interactions, vol. 130, no. 1-4, pp. 5–44, 2000.
- P. Gyftou, M. Stroumbouli, E. A. Pavlatou, P. Asimidis, and N. Spyrellis, “Tribological study of Ni matrix composite coatings containing nano and micro SiC particles,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 50, no. 23, pp. 4544–4550, 2005.
- C. Zanella, M. Lekka, and P. L. Bonora, “Influence of the particle size on the mechanical and electrochemical behaviour of micro- and nano-nickel matrix composite coatings,” Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 31–38, 2009.
- M. R. Vaezi, S. K. Sadrnezhaad, and L. Nikzad, “Electrodeposition of Ni-SiC nano-composite coatings and evaluation of wear and corrosion resistance and electroplating characteristics,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 315, no. 1–3, pp. 176–182, 2008.
- E. Broszeit, “Mechanical, thermal and tribological properties of electro- and chemodeposited composite coatings,” Thin Solid Films, vol. 95, no. 2, pp. 133–142, 1982.
- I. Garcia, J. Fransaer, and J. P. Celis, “Electrodeposition and sliding wear resistance of nickel composite coatings containing micron and submicron SiC particles,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 148, no. 2-3, pp. 171–178, 2001.
- M. Surender, B. Basu, and R. Balasubramaniam, “Wear characterization of electrodeposited Ni-WC composite coatings,” Tribology International, vol. 37, no. 9, pp. 743–749, 2004.
- V. V. N. Reddy, B. Ramamoorthy, and P. K. Nair, “A study on the wear resistance of electroless Ni-P/diamond composite coatings,” Wear, vol. 239, no. 1, pp. 111–116, 2000.
- F. B. Bahaaideen, Z. M. Ripin, and Z. A. Ahmad, “Electroless (graphite)-SiC composite coating and its application onto piston rings of a small two stroke utility engine,” Journal of Scientific and Industrial Research, vol. 69, no. 11, pp. 830–834, 2010.
- Y. Wu, B. Shen, L. Liu, and W. Hu, “The tribological behaviour of electroless Ni-P-Gr-SiC composite,” Wear, vol. 261, no. 2, pp. 201–207, 2006.
- S. K. Kim and H. J. Yoo, “Formation of bilayer Ni-SiC composite coatings by electrodeposition,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 108-109, pp. 564–569, 1998.
- Z. X. Niu, F. H. Cao, W. Wang, Z. Zhang, J. Q. Zhang, and C. N. Cao, “Electrodeposition of Ni-SiC nanocomposite film,” Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 9–15, 2007.
- M. D. Ger, “Electrochemical deposition of nickel/SiC composites in the presence of surfactants,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 87, no. 1, pp. 67–74, 2004.
- M. C. Choua, M. D. Ger, S. T. Ke, Y. R. Huangc, and S. T. Wu, “The Ni-P-SiC nanocomposite produced by electro-codeposition,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 92, pp. 146–151, 2005.
- T. Borkar and S. P. Harimkar, “Effect of electrodeposition conditions and reinforcement content on microstructure and tribological properties of nickel composite coatings,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 205, no. 17-18, pp. 4124–4134, 2011.
- A. Hovestad and L. J. J. Janssen, “Electrochemical codeposition of inert particles in a metallic matrix,” Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 519–527, 1995.
- S. C. Wang and W. C. J. Wei, “Kinetics of electroplating process of nano-sized ceramic particle/Ni composite,” Materials Chemistry and Physics, vol. 78, no. 3, pp. 574–580, 2003.
- F. Hu and K. C. Chan, “Electrocodeposition behavior of Ni-SiC composite under different shaped waveforms,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 233, no. 1–4, pp. 163–171, 2004.
- A. M. Rashidi and A. Amadeh, “Effect of electroplating parameters on microstructure of nanocrystalline nickel coatings,” Journal of Materials Science and Technology, vol. 26, no. 1, pp. 82–86, 2010.
- R. Elansezhian, B. Ramamoorthy, and P. Kesavan Nair, “Effect of surfactants on the mechanical properties of electroless (Ni-P) coating,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 203, no. 5-7, pp. 709–712, 2008.
- L. Burzyńska, E. Rudnik, J. Koza, L. Błaz, and Wojciech Szymański, “Electrodeposition and heat treatment of nickel/silicon carbide composites,” Surface and Coatings Technology, vol. 202, no. 12, pp. 2545–2556, 2008.
- Z. Liao, Z. Huang, H. Hu, Y. Zhang, and Y. Tan, “Microscopic structure and properties changes of cassava stillage residue pretreated by mechanical activation,” Bioresource Technology, vol. 102, no. 17, pp. 7953–7958, 2011.
- M. A. Siddig, S. Radiman, S. V. Muniandy, and L. S. Jan, “Structure of cubic phases in ternary systems Glucopone/water/hydrocarbon,” Colloids and Surfaces A, vol. 236, no. 1–3, pp. 57–67, 2004.
- H. Gül, F. Kiliç, S. Aslan, A. Alp, and H. Akbulut, “Characteristics of electro-co-deposited Ni-Al2O3 nano-particle reinforced metal matrix composite (MMC) coatings,” Wear, vol. 267, no. 5-8, pp. 976–990, 2009.
- H. Gül, F. Kiliç, M. Uysal, S. Aslan, A. Alp, and H. Akbulut, “Effect of particle concentration on the structure and tribological properties of submicron particle SiC reinforced Ni metal matrix nanocomposite (MMC) coatings produced by electrodeposition,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 258, no. 10, pp. 4260–4267, 2012.
- Y. N. Gou, W. J. Huang, R. C. Zeng, and Y. Zhu, “Influence of pH values on electroless Ni-P-SiC plating on AZ91D magnesium alloy,” Transactions of Nonferrous Metals Society of China, vol. 20, no. 2, pp. s674–s678, 2010.
- M. Srivastava, V. K. W. Grips, and K. S. Rajam, “Electrochemical deposition and tribological behaviour of Ni and Ni-Co metal matrix composites with SiC nano-particles,” Applied Surface Science, vol. 253, no. 8, pp. 3814–3824, 2007.