- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 509354, 7 pages
Clinical Features of Inflammatory Myopathies and Their Association with Malignancy: A Systematic Review in Asian Population
1Department of Internal Medicine, Bassett Medical Center and Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons, Cooperstown, NY 13326, USA
2Department of Internal Medicine, Phramongkutklao College of Medicine, Bangkok 10440, Thailand
3Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Received 3 January 2013; Accepted 27 January 2013
Academic Editors: J. Bruges Armas, C. Chizzolini, and A. Wong
Copyright © 2013 Patompong Ungprasert et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Citations to this Article [12 citations]
The following is the list of published articles that have cited the current article.
- Ken Uchibori, Tomoyuki Ogata, Tuyoshi Shirai, Shuta Yamauchi, Masahiro Masuo, Sahoko Chiba, Haruhiko Furusawa, Kimitake Tsuchiya, Toshihide Fujie, Meiyo Tamaoka, Hiroyuki Sakashita, Yuki Sumi, Yasunari Miyazaki, and Naohiko Inase, “Lung Cancer Diagnosed More Than Five Years after the Development of Polymyositis/Dermatomyositis,” ISRN Pulmonology, vol. 2013, pp. 1–6, 2013.
- Patompong Ungprasert, Narat Srivali, Karn Wijarnpreecha, Charat Thongprayoon, Wisit Cheungpasitporn, and Eric L. Knight, “Is the incidence of malignancy increased in patients with sarcoidosis? A systematic review and meta-analysis,” Respirology, vol. 19, no. 7, pp. 993–998, 2014.
- Felipe A. Castro, Xiangdong Liu, Asta Forsti, Jianguang Ji, Jan Sundquist, Kristina Sundquist, Jill Koshiol, and Kari Hemminki, “Increased Risk of Hepatobiliary Cancers After Hospitalization for Autoimmune Disease,” Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology, vol. 12, no. 6, pp. 1038–+, 2014.
- Patompong Ungprasert, Anawin Sanguankeo, Sikarin Upala, and Eric L. Knight, “Risk of malignancy in patients with giant cell arteritis and polymyalgia rheumatica: A systematic review and meta-analysis,” Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism, 2014.
- Patompong Ungprasert, and Anawin Sanguankeo, “Risk of venous thromboembolism in patients with idiopathic inflammatory myositis: a systematic review and meta-analysis,” Rheumatology International, 2014.
- Patompong Ungprasert, Promporn Suksaranjit, Ittikorn Spanuchart, Napat Leeaphorn, and Nitipong Permpalung, “Risk of coronary artery disease in patients with idiopathic inflammatory myopathies: A systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies,” Seminars in Arthritis and Rheumatism, 2014.
- J. C. Milisenda, A. Selva-O'Callaghan, and J. M. Grau, “The diagnosis and classification of polymyositis,” Journal of Autoimmunity, vol. 48-49, pp. 118–121, 2014.
- M. Ivars Lleó, A. Giménez de Azcárate, and A. España Alonso, “La piel como signo de alarma de neoplasias,” Medicine - Programa de Formación Médica Continuada Acreditado, vol. 11, no. 69, pp. 4132–4146, 2014.
- Leonardo Pires Novais Dias, Ana Luiza Antunes Faria, Maissa Marçola Scandiuzzi, Claudia Luci Santos dos Inhaia, Jorge Yoshinori Shida, and Luiz Henrique Gebrim, “A rare case of severe myositis as paraneoplastic syndrome on breast cancer,” World Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 13, no. 1, 2015.
- Eleni Tiniakou, and Andrew L. Mammen, “Idiopathic Inflammatory Myopathies and Malignancy: a Comprehensive Review,” Clinical Reviews in Allergy & Immunology, 2015.
- Jeremy Udkoff, and Philip R. Cohen, “Amyopathic Dermatomyositis: A Concise Review of Clinical Manifestations and Associated Malignancies,” American Journal of Clinical Dermatology, 2016.
- Yao-Fan Fang, Yeong-Jian Jan Wu, Chang-Fu Kuo, Shue-Fen Luo, and Kuang-Hui Yu, “Malignancy in dermatomyositis and polymyositis: analysis of 192 patients,” Clinical Rheumatology, 2016.