- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 531093, 12 pages
Characterisation of Used PP-Based Car Bumpers and Their Recycling Properties
1Dipartimento di Chimica, NIS Centre of Excellence, Università di Torino, via Giuria 7, 10125 Torino, Italy
2Dipartimento di Chimica, Università di Torino, via Giuria 7, 10125 Torino, Italy
Received 15 January 2013; Accepted 27 February 2013
Academic Editors: K. Kusabiraki, Y. Nakayama, and Y. Sakaguchi
Copyright © 2013 M. P. Luda et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Léna, “Le plastique, toujours plus fantastique,” Info Chimie Magazine, vol. 42, no. 463, p. 44, 2005.
- “A.N.P.A. (Agenzia nazionale per la protezione dell’ambiente, O.N.R. (Ossevatorio Nazionale dei Rifiuti) I rifiuti del comparto automobilistico,” Studio di settore, 2002.
- M. Pegoraro, F. Severini, L. Di Landro, R. Braglia, and J. Kolarik, “Structure and morphology of a novel ethylene-propylene copolymer and its blends with poly(propylene),” Macromolecular Materials and Engineering, vol. 280-281, pp. 14–19, 2000.
- M. Szostak, “Recycling of pp/epdm/talc car bumpers,” Chemicke Listy, vol. 105, no. 15, pp. s307–s309, 2011.
- N. Mnif, V. Massardier, T. Kallel, and B. Elleuch, “New (PP/EPR)/nano-CaCO3 based formulations in the perspective of polymer recycling. Effect of nanoparticles properties and compatibilizers,” Polymers for Advanced Technologies, vol. 21, no. 12, pp. 896–903, 2010.
- R. Gallo, L. Brambilla, C. Castiglioni et al., “Environmental degradation of a novel ethylene-propylene copolymer in thick sheets,” European Polymer Journal, vol. 41, no. 2, pp. 359–366, 2005.
- M. P. Luda, G. Ragosta, P. Musto et al., “Natural ageing of automotive polymer components: characterisation of new and used poly(propylene) based car bumpers,” Macromolecular Material Engeenering, vol. 287, no. 6, pp. 404–411, 2002.
- C. Hongjun, L. Xiaolie, M. Dezhu, W. Jianmin, and T. Hongsheng, “Structure and properties of impact copolymer polypropylene. I. Chain structure,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 71, no. 1, pp. 93–101, 1999.
- Q. Dong, Z.-Q. Fan, Z.-S. Fu, and J.-T. Xu, “Fractionation and characterization of an ethylene-propylene copolymer produced with a MgCl2/SiO2/TiCl4/diester-type ziegler-natta catalyst,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 107, no. 2, pp. 1301–1309, 2008.
- Z. Q. Fan, Y. Q. Zhang, J. T. Xu, H. T. Wang, and L. X. Feng, “Structure and properties of polypropylene/poly(ethylene-co-propylene) in-situ blends synthesized by spherical Ziegler-Natta catalyst,” Polymer, vol. 42, no. 13, pp. 5559–5566, 2001.
- L. D'Orazio, C. Mancarella, E. Martuscelli, G. Sticotti, and G. Cecchin, “Isotactic polypropylene/ethylene-co-propylene blends: influence of the copolymer microstructure on rheology, morphology, and properties of injection-molded samples,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 72, no. 5, pp. 701–719, 1999.
- H. Tan, L. Li, Z. Chen, Y. Song, and Q. Zheng, “Phase morphology and impact toughness of impact polypropylene copolymer,” Polymer, vol. 46, no. 10, pp. 3522–3527, 2005.
- T. Nedkov and F. Lednicky, “Morphologies of polyethylene-ethylene/propylene/diene monomer particles in polypropylene-rich polyolefin blends: flake structure,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 90, no. 11, pp. 3087–3092, 2003.
- A. van der Wal, A. J. J. Verheul, and R. J. Gaymans, “Polypropylene-rubber blends: 4. The effect of the rubber particle size on the fracture behaviour at low and high test speed,” Polymer, vol. 40, no. 22, pp. 6057–6065, 1999.
- F. Laupretre, S. Bebelman, D. Daoust, J. Devaux, R. Legras, and J. L. Costa, “NMR, differential scanning calorimetry, and fourier transform infrared characterization of the crystalline degree and crystallite dimensions of ethylene runs in isotactic polypropylene/ethylene-propylene copolymer blends (iPP/EP),” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 74, no. 13, pp. 3165–3172, 1999.
- A. van der Wal, J. J. Mulder, J. Oderkerk, and R. J. Gaymans, “Polypropylene-rubber blends: 1. The effect of the matrix properties on the impact behaviour,” Polymer, vol. 39, no. 26, pp. 6781–6787, 1998.
- H. G. Elias, An Introduction to Plastics, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, Germany, 2nd edition, 2003.
- M. P. Luda, G. Ragosta, P. Musto et al., “Regenerative recycling of automotive polymer components: poly(propylene) based car bumpers,” Macromolecular Materials and Engineering, vol. 288, no. 8, pp. 613–620, 2003.
- B. L. Fernandes and A. J. Domingues, “Caracterização mecânica de polipropileno reciclado para a indústria automotiva,” Polímeros: Ciência e Tecnologia, vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 85–87, 2007.
- S. Hummel, Atlas of Polymer and Plastic Analiysis, vol. 2 part b/I, Carl Hanser, Weinheim, Germany, 1998.
- J. Karger-Kocsis and V. N. Kuleznev, “Dynamic mechanical and impact properties of polypropylene/EPDM blends,” Polymer, vol. 23, no. 5, pp. 699–705, 1982.
- C. Grein, K. Bernreitner, and M. Gahleitner, “Potential and limits of dynamic mechanical analysis as a tool for fracture resistance evaluation of isotactic polypropylenes and their polyolefin blends,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 93, no. 4, pp. 1854–1867, 2004.
- M. Gahleitner, C. Grein, K. Bernreitner, B. Knogler, and E. Hebesberger, “The use of DMTA for predicting standard mechanical properties of developmental polyolefins,” Journal of Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, vol. 98, no. 3, pp. 623–628, 2009.
- M. Chen, C. Wan, W. Shou, Y. Zhang, Y. Zhang, and J. Zhang, “Effects of interfacial adhesion on properties of polypropylene/wollastonite composites,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 107, no. 3, pp. 1718–1723, 2008.
- V. Delhaye, A. H. Clausen, F. Moussy, O. S. Hopperstad, and R. Othman, “Mechanical response and microstructure investigation of a mineral and rubber modified polypropylene,” Polymer Testing, vol. 29, no. 7, pp. 793–802, 2010.