- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Analytical Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 542516, 5 pages
Simple and Sensitive Methods for the Determination of 2-(4′-Chloromethyl phenyl) Benzonitrile and 2-(4′-Bromomethyl phenyl) Benzonitrile Contents in Valsartan Drug Substance by Gas Chromatography
1Aurobindo Pharma Limited Research Centre-II, Survey No. 71&72, Indrakaran Village, Sangareddy Mandal, Medak, Andhra Pradesh 502 329, India
2Department of Chemistry, Sri Krishnadevaraya University, Anantapur 515 003, India
Received 22 April 2013; Accepted 14 May 2013
Academic Editors: S. Babic, T. Bolanca, A. Niazi, and G. Vecchio
Copyright © 2013 G. Amarnatha Reddy et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- S. Ghosh, A. S. Kumar, and G. N. Mehta, “A short and efficient synthesis of valsartan via a Negishi reaction,” Beilstein Journal of Organic Chemistry, vol. 6, article 27, 2010.
- G. T. McInnes, “Clinical advantage of valsartan,” Cardiology, vol. 91, no. 1, pp. 14–18, 1999.
- S. Oparil, S. Dyke, F. Harris et al., “The efficacy and safety of valsartan compared with placebo in the treatment of patients with essential hypertension,” Clinical Therapeutics, vol. 18, no. 5, pp. 797–810, 1996.
- K. F. Croom and G. M. Keating, “Valsartan: a review of its use in patients with heart failure and/or left ventricular systolic dysfunction after myocardial infarction,” American Journal of Cardiovascular Drugs, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 395–404, 2004.
- L. Müller, R. J. Mauthe, C. M. Riley et al., “A rationale for determining, testing, and controlling specific impurities in pharmaceuticals that possess potential for genotoxicity,” Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 198–211, 2006.
- E. J. Delaney, “An impact analysis of the application of the threshold of toxicological concern concept to pharmaceuticals,” Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 107–124, 2007.
- K. L. Dobo, N. Greene, M. O. Cyr, S. Caron, and W. W. Ku, “The application of structure-based assessment to support safety and chemistry diligence to manage genotoxic impurities in active pharmaceutical ingredients during drug development,” Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 282–293, 2006.
- B. M. Sudesh and K. S. Uttamrao, “Determination and validation of valsartan and its degradation products by isocratic HPLC,” Journal of Chemical Metrology, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 1–12, 2009.
- C. Krishnaiah, A. R. Reddy, R. Kumar, and K. Mukkanti, “Stability-indicating UPLC method for determination of Valsartan and their degradation products in active pharmaceutical ingredient and pharmaceutical dosage forms,” Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, vol. 53, no. 3, pp. 483–489, 2010.
- A. Zarghi, A. Shafaati, S. M. Foroutan, and H. Movahed, “Rapid quantification of valsartan in human plasma by liquid chromatography using a monolithic column and a fluorescence detection: application for pharmacokinetic studies,” Scientia Pharmaceutica, vol. 76, no. 3, pp. 439–450, 2008.
- N. Aslan, P. E. Erden, E. Canel, B. Zeybek, and E. Kiliç, “Potentiometric determination of valsartan in a pharmaceutical preparation and its protonation constants,” Asian Journal of Chemistry, vol. 22, no. 5, pp. 4010–4016, 2010.
- D. U. Vinzuda, G. U. Sailor, and N. R. Sheth, “RP-HPLC method for determination of valsartan in tablet dosage form,” International Journal of ChemTech Research, vol. 2, no. 3, pp. 1461–1467, 2010.
- D. G. Thomas Parambi, M. Mathew, and V. Ganesan, “A validated stability indicating HPLC method for the determination of Valsartan in tablet dosage forms,” Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science, vol. 1, no. 4, pp. 97–99, 2011.
- K. Lakshmi and S. Lakshmi, “Simultaneous spectrophotometric determination of valsartan and hydrochlorothiazide by H-point standard addition method and partial least squares regression,” Acta Pharmaceutica, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 37–50, 2011.
- U. Kullai Reddy, J. Sriramulu, P. Viswanath Reddy, and B. Varaprasad, “Single RP-HPLC method for the determination of Hydrochlorothiazide, Amlodipine besylate and Valsartan in pharmaceutical products,” Journal of Pharmacy Research, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 894–896, 2011.
- D. Tian, X. Tian, T. Tian, Z. Wang, and F. Mo, “Simultaneous determination of valsartan and hydrochlorothiazide in tablets by RP-HPLC,” Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 372–374, 2008.
- International Conference on Harmonization of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use, ICH harmonized tripartite guideline, Validation of analytical procedures: Text and methodology, Q2(R1), step 4, 2005.