- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 548312, 8 pages
Retrospective Analysis of Efficacy and Safety of Tocilizumab Treatment in Patients with Severe Systemic-Onset Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis Followed for 12 Months
1Federal State Budgetary Institution “Scientific Center of Children’s Health,” Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Moscow 119991, Russia
2I. M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University, Moscow 119991, Russia
Received 17 June 2013; Accepted 11 July 2013
Academic Editors: A. Boon, I. Hellstrom, and E. K. Kapsogeorgou
Copyright © 2013 E. I. Alexeeva et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- R. E. Petty, T. R. Southwood, P. Manners et al., “International League of Associations for Rheumatology classification of juvenile idiopathic arthritis: second revision, Edmonton, 2001,” The Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 390–392, 2004.
- C. Lomater, V. Gerloni, M. Gattinara, J. Mazzotti, R. Cimaz, and F. Fantini, “Systemic onset juvenile idiopathic arthritis: a retrospective study of 80 consecutive patients followed for 10 years,” The Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 27, no. 2, pp. 491–496, 2000.
- A. Ravelli and A. Martini, “Juvenile idiopathic arthritis,” The Lancet, vol. 369, no. 9563, pp. 767–778, 2007.
- P. Woo, T. R. Southwood, A. M. Prieur, et al., “Randomized, placebo-controlled, crossover trial of low-dose oral methotrexate in children with extended oligoarticular or systemic arthritis,” Arthritis & Rheumatism, vol. 43, pp. 1849–1857, 2000.
- F. De Benedetti and A. Martini, “Is systemic juvenile rheumatoid arthritis an interleukin 6 mediated disease?” The Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 25, no. 2, pp. 203–207, 1998.
- F. De Benedetti, M. Massa, P. Robbioni, A. Ravelli, G. R. Burgio, and A. Martini, “Correlation of serum interleukin-6 levels with joint involvement and thrombocytosis in systemic juvenile rheumatoid arthritis,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 34, no. 9, pp. 1158–1163, 1991.
- F. De Benedetti, P. Pignatti, V. Gerloni et al., “Differences in synovial fluid cytokine levels between juvenile and adult rheumatoid arthritis,” The Journal of Rheumatology, vol. 24, no. 7, pp. 1403–1409, 1997.
- F. De Benedetti, T. Alonzi, A. Moretta et al., “Interleukin 6 causes growth impairment in transgenic mice through a decrease in insulin-like growth factor-I. A model for stunted growth in children with chronic inflammation,” The Journal of Clinical Investigation, vol. 99, no. 4, pp. 643–650, 1997.
- F. De Benedetti, N. Rucci, A. Del Fattore et al., “Impaired skeletal development in interleukin-6-transgenic mice: a model for the impact of chronic inflammation on the growing skeletal system,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 54, no. 11, pp. 3551–3563, 2006.
- M. Cazzola, L. Ponchio, F. De Benedetti et al., “Defective iron supply for erythropoiesis and adequate endogenous erythropoietin production in the anemia associated with systemic-onset juvenile chronic arthritis,” Blood, vol. 87, no. 11, pp. 4824–4830, 1996.
- M. M. Schoels, D. Van Der Heijde, F. C. Breedveld, et al., “Blocking the effects of interleukin-6 in rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory rheumatic diseases: systematic literature review and meta-analysis informing a consensus statement,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 72, no. 4, pp. 583–589, 2013.
- G. Horneff, F. D. De Bock, I. Foeldvari et al., “Safety and efficacy of combination of Etanercept and methotrexate compared to treatment with Etanercept only in patients with juvenile idiopathic arthritis (jia): preliminary data from the german JIA registry,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 68, no. 4, pp. 519–525, 2009.
- F. H. M. Prince, M. Twilt, R. ten Cate et al., “Long-term follow-up on effectiveness and safety of etanercept in juvenile idiopathic arthritis: The Dutch National Register,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 68, no. 5, pp. 635–641, 2009.
- S. Yokota, T. Imagawa, and T. Miyamae, “Safety and efficacy of up to three years of continuous tocilizumab therapy in children with systemic-onset juvenile idiopathic arthritis [SAT0536],” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 68, supplement 3, p. 715, 2009.
- Y. Inaba, C. Aoki, and R. Ozawa, “Radiologic evaluation of large joints during tocilizumab treatment in children with systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis [SAT0555],” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 68, supplement 3, p. 720, 2009.
- S. Yokota, T. Imagawa, M. Mori et al., “Efficacy and safety of tocilizumab in patients with systemic-onset juvenile idiopathic arthritis: a randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled, withdrawal phase III trial,” The Lancet, vol. 371, no. 9617, pp. 998–1006, 2008.
- S. Yokota, T. Miyamae, T. Imagawa et al., “Therapeutic efficacy of humanized recombinant anti-interleukin-6 receptor antibody in children with systemic-onset juvenile idiopathic arthritis,” Arthritis and Rheumatism, vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 818–825, 2005.
- U. Kaneko, T. Imagawa, and T. Kishi, “Discrepancy between progression of joint damage and improvement of systemic inflammation in patients with systemic-onset juvenile idiopathic arthritis treated with tocilizumab [SAT0548],” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 68, supplement 3, p. 719, 2009.
- F. De Benedetti, H. I. Brunner, N. Ruperto, et al., “Randomized trial of tocilizumab in systemic Juvenile idiopathic arthritis,” The New England Journal of Medicine, vol. 367, no. 25, pp. 2385–2395, 2012.
- S. Yokota, T. Tanaka, and T. Kishimot, “Efficacy, safety and tolerability of tocilizumab in patients with systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis,” Therapeutic Advances in Musculoskeletal Disease, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 387–397, 2012.
- R. Russo and M. Katsicas, “Tocilizumab in JIA patients who have inadequate response to anti-tumour necrosis factor therapy,” Pediatric Rheumatology, vol. 9, supplement 1, article 186, 2011.
- S. Sawhney and M. Aggarwal, “Tocilizumab for the treatment of systemic onset JIA: a single centre experience from India,” Pediatric Rheumatology, vol. 10, supplement 1, article A49, 2012.
- J. S. Smolen, M. M. Schoels, and N. Nishimoto, “Consensus statement on blocking the effects of interleukin-6 and in particular by interleukin-6 receptor inhibition in rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory conditions,” Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, vol. 72, no. 4, pp. 482–492, 2013.
- E. Alexeeva, R. Denisova, S. Valieva et al., “Safety and efficacy of tocilizumab treatment in children with systemic onset of juvenile idiopathic arthritis,” Pediatric Rheumatology, vol. 9, supplement 1, article P202, 2011.
- C. A. Wallace, E. H. Giannini, B. Huang, et al., “American College of Rheumatology provisional criteria for defining clinical inactive disease in select categories of juvenile idiopathic arthritis,” Arthritis Care & Research, vol. 63, no. 7, pp. 929–936, 2011.
- M. H. Schiff, J. M. Kremer, A. Jahreis, E. Vernon, J. D. Isaacs, and R. F. van Vollenhoven, “Integrated safety in tocilizumab clinical trials,” Arthritis Research and Therapy, vol. 13, no. 5, article R141, 2011.
- S. Davi, B. Lattanzi, S. Rosina, et al., “Sensitivity and specificity of current diagnostic guidelines in children with macrophage activation syndrome complicating systemic juvenile idiopathic arthritis,” Pediatric Rheumatology, vol. 9, supplement 1, article P101, 2011.