- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Physical Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 616532, 5 pages
Selective Nitration of Chlorobenzene by NO2 in the Alkali Zeolite NaZSM-5
Department of Chemistry, East Tennessee State University, P.O. Box 70695, Johnson City, TN 37614, USA
Received 27 December 2012; Accepted 21 January 2013
Academic Editors: F. M. Cabrerizo, A. M. Koster, Y. Murakami, and E. B. Starikov
Copyright © 2013 Scott J. Kirkby. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- Y. Z. Chen and Y. C. Chen, “Hydrogenation of Para-chloronitrobenzene over nickel borides,” Applied Catalysis A, vol. 115, no. 1, pp. 45–57, 1994.
- B. Coq, A. Tizani, and F. Figueras, “Particle size effect on the kinetics of p-chloronitrobenzene hydrogenation over platinum/alumina catalysts,” Journal of Molecular Catalysis, vol. 68, pp. 331–345, 1991.
- H. H. Szmat, Organic Building Blocks of the Chemical Industry, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1989.
- T. Yoshida, “Determination of p-chloronitrobenzene in plasma by reversed-phase high-performance liquid chromatography,” Journal of Chromatography B, vol. 570, pp. 321–318, 1991.
- G. S. Travlos, J. Mahler, H. A. Ragan, B. J. Chou, and J. R. Bucher, “Thirteen-week inhalation toxicity of 2- and 4-chloronitrobenzene in F344/N rats and B6C3F1 mice,” Fundamental and Applied Toxicology, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 75–92, 1996.
- R. J. Argauer and G. R. Landolt, “Crystalline zeolite zsm-s and method,” U.S. Patent 3702886, 1972.
- F. G. Dwyer and E. E. Jenkins, “Crystalline silicates and method of preparing the same,” U.S. Patent 3941871, 1976.
- D. H. Olson, G. T. Kokotailo, S. L. Lawton, and W. M. Meier, “Crystal structure and structure-related properties of ZSM-5,” Journal of Physical Chemistry, vol. 85, no. 15, pp. 2238–2243, 1981.
- R. W. Neuzil, “Aromatic hydrocarbon separation by adsorption,” U.S. Patent 3558730, 1973.
- R. W. Neuzil, “Aromatic hydrocarbon separation by adsorption,” U.S. Patent 3558732, 1973.
- J. J. Ward, “Molecular sieve catalysis,” in Applied Industrial Catalysis, B. B. Leach, Ed., vol. 3, p. 271, Academic Press, New York, NY, USA, 1984.
- J. Kårger and D. M. Ruthven, Diffusion in Zeolites and Other Microporous Solids, John Wiley & Sons, New York, ,NY, USA, 1992.
- J. March, Advanced Organic Chemistry, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 3rd edition, 1985.
- S. Takenaka, T. Nishida T, and J. Kanemoto, “Process for preparing mononitrochlorobenzene,” U.S. Patent 4476335, 1984.
- I. Schumaker and K. B. Wang, “Vapor phase nitration of aromatic compounds,” U. S. Patent 4415744, 1983.
- I. Schumaker, “Vapor phase nitration of aromatic compounds,” U. S. Patent 4618733, 1986.
- N. V. Testova, L. V. Malysheva, K. G. Ione, E. A. Paukshtis, and N. F. Salakutdinov, “Gas phase nitration of aromatic hydrocarbons on zeolite catalysts. The role of acid sites and peculiarities of the reaction course,” in Proceedings of the International Meeting "Zeolite Catalysis for the Solution of Environmental Problems", pp. 137–154, Yaroslavl, Russia, 1992.
- N. F. Salkhutdinov, K. G. Ione, E. A. Kobzar, and L. V. Malysheva, “Gas-phase nitration of aromatic-compounds through nitrogen-dioxide onzeolites,” Zhurnal Organicheskoi Khimii, vol. 29, pp. 546–558, 1993.
- L. V. Malysheva, E. A. Paukshtis, and K. G. Ione, “Nitration of aromatics by nitrogen oxides on zeolite catalysts: comparison of reaction in the gas phase and solutions,” Catalysis Reviews, vol. 37, pp. 179–226, 1995.
- S. J. Kirkby and H. Frei, “Highly selective photochemical and thermal chlorination of benzene by Cl2 in NaZSM-5,” Journal of Physical Chemistry B, vol. 102, no. 37, pp. 7106–7111, 1998.
- S. J. Kirkby, “Acid free nitration of benzene and toluene in zeolite NaZSM-5,” ISRN Physical Chemistry. In press.
- H. P. Wang, T. Yu, B. A. Garland, and E. M. Eyring, “Benzene in Zeolite ZSM-5 studied by diffuse reflectance infrared spectroscopy,” Applied Spectroscopy, vol. 44, no. 6, pp. 1070–1073, 1990.
- D. H. Whiffen, “Infra-red summation bands of the out-of-plane C-H bending vibrations of substituted benzene compounds,” Spectrochimica Acta, vol. 7, pp. 253–263, 1955.
- R. V. St. Louis and B. Crawford Jr., “Infrared spectrum of matrix-isolated NO2,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 42, pp. 857–864, 1965.
- M. Katoh, T. Yamazaki, H. Kamijo, and S. Ozawa, “Infrared studies on nitrogen oxides adsorbed on alkali metal ion-exchanged ZSM-5 zeolites,” Zeolites, vol. 15, no. 7, pp. 591–596, 1995.
- J. W. Nebgen, A. D. McElroy, and H. F. Klodowski, “Raman and infrared spectra of nitronium perchlorate,” Inorganic Chemistry, vol. 4, no. 12, pp. 1796–1799, 1965.
- D. E. Milligan and M. E. Jacox, “Matrix-Isolation Study of the Interaction of Electrons and Alkali Metal Atoms with Various Nitrogen Oxides. Infrared Spectra of the Species NO-, , and ,” Journal of Chemical Physics, vol. 55, pp. 3404–3418, 1971.
- J. H. S. Green and D. J. Harrison, “Vibrational spectra of benzene derivatives-X: monosubstituted nitrobenzenes,” Spectrochimica Acta A, vol. 26, pp. 1925–1937, 1970.