- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 631875, 7 pages
Variable-Temperature Size Exclusion Chromatography for the Study of the Structural Changes in G-Quadruplex
1Solution Equilibria and Chemometrics Group (Associate Unit UB-CSIC), Department of Analytical Chemistry, University of Barcelona, Diagonal 647, 08028 Barcelona, Spain
2Institute of Advanced Chemistry of Catalonia (IQAC-CSIC), CIBER-BBN Networking Research Centre on Bioengineering, Biomaterials and Nanomedicine, Jordi Girona 18-26, 08034 Barcelona, Spain
Received 22 July 2013; Accepted 26 September 2013
Academic Editors: E. Kandimalla and Y. Mely
Copyright © 2013 Sanae Benabou et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- J. L. Mergny, J. Gros, A. D. Cian et al., “Energetics, kinetics and dynamics of quadruplex folding,” in Quadruplex Nucleic Acids, S. Neidle and S. Balasubramanian, Eds., pp. 31–72, The Royal Society of Chemistry, Cambridge, UK, 2006.
- J. Jaumot and R. Gargallo, “Experimental methods for studying the interactions between G-quadruplex structures and ligands,” Current Pharmaceutical Design, vol. 18, no. 14, pp. 1900–1916, 2012.
- D. Miyoshi, A. Nakao, and N. Sugimoto, “Structural transition from antiparallel to parallel G-quadruplex of d(G4T4G4) induced by Ca2+,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 1156–1163, 2003.
- G. Biffi, D. Tannahill, J. McCafferty, and S. Balasubramanian, “Quantitative visualization of DNA G-quadruplex structures in human cells,” Nature Chemistry, vol. 5, pp. 182–186, 2013.
- H. Fernando, A. P. Reszka, J. Huppert et al., “A conserved quadruplex motif located in a transcription activation site of the human c-kit oncogene,” Biochemistry, vol. 45, no. 25, pp. 7854–7860, 2006.
- S.-T. D. Hsu, P. Varnai, A. Bugaut, A. P. Reszka, S. Neidle, and S. Balasubramanian, “A G-rich sequence within the c-kit oncogene promoter forms a parallel G-quadruplex having asymmetric G-tetrad dynamics,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 131, no. 37, pp. 13399–13409, 2009.
- V. Kuryavyi, A. T. Phan, and D. J. Patel, “Solution structures of all parallel-stranded monomeric and dimeric G-quadruplex scaffolds of the human c-kit2 promoter,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 38, no. 19, pp. 6757–6773, 2010.
- M. C. Miller, H. T. Le, W. L. Dean, P. A. Holt, J. B. Chaires, and J. O. Trent, “Polymorphism and resolution of oncogene promoter quadruplex-forming sequences,” Organic and Biomolecular Chemistry, vol. 9, no. 22, pp. 7633–7637, 2011.
- H. T. Le, M. C. Miller, R. Buscaglia et al., “Not all G-quadruplexes are created equally: an investigation of the structural polymorphism of the c-Myc G-quadruplex-forming sequence and its interaction with the porphyrin TMPyP4,” Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry, vol. 10, pp. 9393–9404, 2012.
- L. Spindler, M. Rigler, I. Drevensek-Olenik, N. Ma'ani Hessari, and M. Webba da Silva, “Effect of base sequence on G-wire formation in solution,” Journal of Nucleic Acids, vol. 2010, Article ID 431651, 8 pages, 2010.
- W. H. Braunlin, I. Giri, L. Beadling, and K. J. Breslauer, “Conformational screening of oligonucleotides by variable-temperature high performance liquid chromatography: dissecting the duplex-hairpin-coil equilibria of d(CGCGAATTCGCG),” Biopolymers, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 221–231, 2004.
- P. Bucek, J. Jaumot, A. Aviñó, R. Eritja, and R. Gargallo, “PH-modulated Watson-Crick duplex-quadruplex equilibria of guanine-rich and cytosine-rich DNA sequences 140 base pairs upstream of the c-kit transcription initiation site,” Chemistry, vol. 15, no. 46, pp. 12663–12671, 2009.
- N. Khan, A. Aviñó, R. Tauler, C. González, R. Eritja, and R. Gargallo, “Solution equilibria of the i-motif-forming region upstream of the B-cell lymphoma-2 P1 promoter,” Biochimie, vol. 89, no. 12, pp. 1562–1572, 2007.
- W. A. Kibbe, “OligoCalc: an online oligonucleotide properties calculator,” Nucleic Acids Research, vol. 35, pp. W43–W46, 2007.
- S. Fernández, R. Eritja, A. Aviñó, J. Jaumot, and R. Gargallo, “Influence of pH, temperature and the cationic porphyrin TMPyP4 on the stability of the i-motif formed by the 5′-(C3TA2)4-3′ sequence of the human telomere,” International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, vol. 49, no. 4, pp. 729–736, 2011.
- N. Smargiasso, F. Rosu, W. Hsia et al., “G-quadruplex DNA assemblies: loop length, cation identity, and multimer formation,” Journal of the American Chemical Society, vol. 130, no. 31, pp. 10208–10216, 2008.