- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 673121, 3 pages
Fournier's Gangrene as Seen in University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital
Department of Surgery, University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital and College of Medical Sciences University of Maiduguri, PMB 1414, Maiduguri, Nigeria
Received 9 May 2013; Accepted 12 June 2013
Academic Editors: W. Krause, D. Minardi, A. C. Thorpe, and S. Yücel
Copyright © 2013 S. Aliyu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. Erol, A. Tuncel, V. Hanci et al., “Fournier's gangrene: overview of prognostic factors and definition of new prognostic parameter,” Urology, vol. 75, no. 5, pp. 1193–1198, 2010.
- J. A. Fournier, “Jean-Alfred Fournier 1832-1914. Gangrène foudroyante de la verge (overwhelming gangrene). Sem Med 1883,” Disease of the Colon and Rectum, vol. 31, no. 12, pp. 984–988, 1988.
- J. C. Bahlmann, I. J. Fourie, and T. C. Arndt, “Fournier's gangrene: necrotising fasciitis of the male genitalia,” British Journal of Urology, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 85–88, 1983.
- H. C. Ong and Y. H. Ho, “Genitoperinial gangrene: experience in Singapore,” Australian and New Zealand Journal of Surgery, vol. 66, pp. 291–293, 1996.
- M. Murphy, M. Buckley, J. Corr, S. Vinayagamoorthy, R. Grainger, and F. M. Mulcahy, “Fournier's gangrene of scrotum in a patient with AIDS,” Genitourinary Medicine, vol. 67, no. 4, pp. 339–341, 1991.
- R. S. Hollabaugh Jr., R. R. Dmochowski, W. L. Hickerson, and C. E. Cox, “Fournier's gangrene: therapeutic impact of hyperbaric oxygen,” Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, vol. 101, no. 1, pp. 94–100, 1998.
- J. M. Enriquez, S. Moreno, M. Devesa, V. Morales, A. Platas, and E. Vicente, “Fournier's syndrome of urogenital and anorectal origin. A retrospective, comparative study,” Diseases of the Colon and Rectum, vol. 30, no. 1, pp. 33–37, 1987.
- S. W. T. Gould, P. Banwell, and G. Glazer, “Perforated colonic carcinoma presenting as epididymo-orchitis and Fournier's gangrene,” European Journal of Surgical Oncology, vol. 23, no. 4, pp. 367–368, 1997.
- H. S. Ong and Y. H. Ho, “Genito perineal gangrene experience in Singapore,” Australian and New Zealand Journal of Surgery, vol. 66, pp. 291–293, 1996.
- G. L. Smith, C. B. Bunker, and M. D. Dinneen, “Fournier's gangrene,” British Journal of Urology, vol. 81, no. 3, pp. 347–355, 1998.
- G. Ekingen, T. Isken, H. Agir, S. Öncel, and A. Günlemez, “Fournier's gangrene in childhood: a report of 3 infant patients,” Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 43, no. 12, pp. e39–e42, 2008.
- J. R. Adams Jr., J. A. Mata, D. D. Venable, D. J. Culkin, and J. A. Bocchini Jr., “Fournier's gangrene in children,” Urology, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 439–441, 1990.
- A. A. Adeyokunnu, “Fournier's syndrome in infants. A review of cases from Ibadan, Nigeria,” Clinical Pediatrics, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 101–103, 1983.
- E. A. Ameh, M. M. Dauda, L. Sabiu, P. M. Mshelbwala, H. N. Mbibu, and P. T. Nmadu, “Fournier's gangrene in neonates and infants,” European Journal of Pediatric Surgery, vol. 14, no. 6, pp. 418–421, 2004.
- E. Benizri, P. Fabiani, G. Migliori et al., “Gangrene of the perineum,” Urology, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 935–939, 1996.
- R. Asci, S. Sarikaya, R. Buyukalpelli, A. F. Yilmaz, and S. Yildiz, “Fournier's gangrene: risk assessment and enzymatic debridement with lyophilized collagenase application,” European Urology, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 411–418, 1998.
- L. S. Baskin, P. R. Carroll, E. V. Cattolica, and J. W. McAninch, “Necrotising soft tissue infections of the perineum and genitalia. Bacteriology, treatment and risk assessment,” British Journal of Urology, vol. 65, no. 5, pp. 524–529, 1990.
- B. Elem and P. Ranjan, “Impact of immunodeficiency virus (HIV) on Fournier's gangrene: observations in Zambia,” Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, vol. 77, no. 4, pp. 283–286, 1995.