- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 680136, 9 pages
Proteoglycan Expression in Normal Human Prostate Tissue and Prostate Cancer
1Institute of Molecular Biology and Biophysics SB RAMS, Timakova Street 2, Novosibirsk 630117, Russia
2MTC, Karolinska Institute, Nobels vag 16, 171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
3Novosibirsk State Medical University, Krasnii Prospect 52, Novosibirsk 630091, Russia
4Central Regional Hospital, Zalesskogo Street 6, Novosibirsk 630047, Russia
5Institute of Regional Pathology and Pathomorphology SB RAMS, Timakova Street 2, Novosibirsk 630117, Russia
Received 7 March 2013; Accepted 28 March 2013
Academic Editors: D. Canuti, L. Mutti, K. Sonoda, and M. Stracke
Copyright © 2013 Anastasia V. Suhovskih et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. G. Corn, “The tumor microenvironment in prostate cancer: elucidating molecular pathways for therapy development,” Cancer Management Research, vol. 4, pp. 183–193, 2012.
- M. Gururajan, E. M. Posadas, and L. W. Chung, “Future perspectives of prostate cancer therapy,” Translational Andrology Urology, vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 19–32, 2012.
- R. V. Iozzo and R. D. Sanderson, “Proteoglycans in cancer biology, tumour microenvironment and angiogenesis,” Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, vol. 15, no. 5, pp. 1013–1031, 2011.
- N. Afratis, C. Gialeli, D. Nikitovic, et al., “Glycosaminoglycans: key players in cancer cell biology and treatment,” FEBS Journal, vol. 279, no. 7, pp. 1177–1197, 2012.
- I. J. Edwards, “Proteoglycans in prostate cancer,” Nature Review Urology, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 196–206, 2012.
- N. A. Cross, S. Chandrasekharan, N. Jokonya et al., “The expression and regulation of ADAMTS-1, -4, -5, -9, and -15, and TIMP-3 by TGFβ1 in prostate cells: relevance to the accumulation of versican,” Prostate, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 269–275, 2005.
- C. Ricciardelli, K. Mayne, P. J. Sykes et al., “Elevated levels of versican but not decorin predict disease progression in early-stage prostate cancer,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 4, no. 4, pp. 963–971, 1998.
- A. Henke, O. C. Grace, G. R. Ashley, et al., “Stromal expression of decorin, Semaphorin6D, SPARC, Sprouty1 and Tsukushi in developing prostate and decreased levels of decorin in prostate cancer,” PLoS One, vol. 7, no. 8, Article ID e42516, 2012.
- Y. Hu, H. Sun, R. T. Owens et al., “Decorin suppresses prostate tumor growth through inhibition of epidermal growth factor and androgen receptor pathways,” Neoplasia, vol. 11, no. 10, pp. 1042–1053, 2009.
- M. W. Datta, A. M. Hernandez, M. J. Schlicht et al., “Perlecan, a candidate gene for the CAPB locus, regulates prostate cancer cell growth via the Sonic Hedgehog pathway,” Molecular Cancer, vol. 5, article 9, 2006.
- S. Datta, M. Pierce, and M. W. Datta, “Perlecan signaling: helping hedgehog stimulate prostate cancer growth,” International Journal of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, vol. 38, no. 11, pp. 1855–1861, 2006.
- T. Zellweger, C. Ninck, M. Mirlacher et al., “Tissue microarray analysis reveals prognostic significance of syndecan-I expression in prostate cancer,” Prostate, vol. 55, no. 1, pp. 20–29, 2003.
- S. F. Shariat, R. S. Svatek, W. Kabbani et al., “Prognostic value of syndecan-1 expression in patients treated with radical prostatectomy,” BJU International, vol. 101, no. 2, pp. 232–237, 2008.
- R. Ledezma, F. Cifuentes, I. Gallegos et al., “Altered expression patterns of syndecan-1 and-2 predict biochemical recurrence in prostate cancer,” Asian Journal of Andrology, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 476–480, 2011.
- Y. Hu, H. Sun, R. T. Owens et al., “Syndecan-1-dependent suppression of PDK1/Akt/Bad signaling by docosahexaenoic acid induces apoptosis in prostate cancer,” Neoplasia, vol. 12, no. 10, pp. 826–836, 2010.
- K. Shimada, M. Nakamura, M. A. De Velasco, M. Tanaka, Y. Ouji, and N. Konishi, “Syndecan-1, a new target molecule involved in progression of androgen-independent prostate cancer,” Cancer Science, vol. 100, no. 7, pp. 1248–1254, 2009.
- F. Brimo, R. T. Vollmer, M. Friszt, J. Corcos, and T. A. Bismar, “Syndecan-1 expression in prostate cancer and its value as biomarker for disease progression,” BJU International, vol. 106, no. 3, pp. 418–423, 2010.
- T. Y. Eshchenko, V. I. Rykova, A. E. Chernakov, S. V. Sidorov, and E. V. Grigorieva, “Expression of different proteoglycans in human breast tumors,” Biochemistry, vol. 72, no. 9, pp. 1016–1020, 2007.
- L. D. True, S. Hawley, T. H. Norwood et al., “The accumulation of versican in the nodules of benign prostatic hyperplasia,” Prostate, vol. 69, no. 2, pp. 149–158, 2009.
- J. Luo, T. Dunn, C. Ewing et al., “Gene expression signature of benign prostatic hyperplasia revealed by cDNA microarray analysis,” Prostate, vol. 51, no. 3, pp. 189–200, 2002.
- J. W. Holland, K. L. Meehan, S. L. Redmond, and H. J. S. Dawkins, “Purification of the keratan sulfate proteoglycan expressed in prostatic secretory cells and its identification as lumican,” Prostate, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 252–259, 2004.
- P. Inki and M. Jalkanen, “The role of syndecan-1 in malignancies,” Annals of Medicine, vol. 28, no. 1, pp. 63–67, 1996.
- J. P. Wiksten, J. Lundin, S. Nordling, A. Kokkola, and C. Haglund, “Comparison of the prognostic value of a panel of tissue tumor markers and established clinicopathological factors in patients with gastric cancer,” Anticancer Research, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 2279–2287, 2008.