- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 682516, 7 pages
Electrolyte Concentration Effect of a Photoelectrochemical Cell Consisting of Nanotube Anode
1Department of Mechanical, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering, University of Toledo, 2801 W Bancroft Street, Toledo, OH 43606, USA
2Department of Mechanical Engineering, California State Polytechnic University-Pomona, 3801 W Temple Avenue, Pomona, CA 91768, USA
3Center for Functional Nanomaterials, Brookhaven National Laboratory, Upton, NY 11973, USA
Received 7 February 2013; Accepted 20 February 2013
Academic Editors: S. Kirihara and A. O. Neto
Copyright © 2013 Kai Ren et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- C. Carver, Z. Ulissi, C. K. Ong, S. Dennison, G. H. Kelsall, and K. Hellgardt, “Modelling and development of photoelectrochemical reactor for H2 production,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 37, no. 1, pp. 2911–2923, 2012.
- T. C. An, X. H. Zhu, and Y. Xiong, “Feasibility study of photoelectrochemical degradation of methylene blue with three-dimensional electrode-photocatalytic reactor,” Chemosphere, vol. 46, no. 6, pp. 897–903, 2002.
- G. Li, H. Y. Yip, K. H. Wong, C. Hu, J. Qu, and P. K. Wong, “Photoelectrochemical degradation of Methylene Blue with β-PbO2 electrodes driven by visible light irradiation,” Journal of Environmental Sciences, vol. 23, no. 6, pp. 998–1003, 2011.
- B. C. Liu, J. H. Li, B. X. Zhou et al., “Kinetics and mechanisms for photoelectrochemical degradation of glucose on highly effective self-organized TiO2 nanotube arrays,” Chinese Journal of Catalysis, vol. 31, no. 2, pp. 163–170, 2010.
- H. Zhao, D. Jiang, S. Zhang, and W. Wen, “Photoelectrocatalytic oxidation of organic compounds at nanoporous TiO2 electrodes in a thin-layer photoelectrochemical cell,” Journal of Catalysis, vol. 250, no. 1, pp. 102–109, 2007.
- M. Antoniadou and P. Lianos, “Near Ultraviolet and Visible light photoelectrochemical degradation of organic substances producing electricity and hydrogen,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 204, no. 1, pp. 69–74, 2009.
- S. Zhang, L. Li, H. Zhao, and G. Li, “A portable miniature UV-LED-based photoelectrochemical system for determination of chemical oxygen demand in wastewater,” Sensors and Actuators B, vol. 141, no. 2, pp. 634–640, 2009.
- C. Kim, J. T. Kim, K. S. Kim, S. Jeong, H. Y. Kim, and Y. S. Han, “Immobilization of TiO2 on an ITO substrate to facilitate the photoelectrochemical degradation of an organic dye pollutant,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 54, no. 24, pp. 5715–5720, 2009.
- Y. P. Peng, Y. T. Yeh, S. I. Shah, and C. P. Huang, “Concurrent photoelectrochemical reduction of CO2 and oxidation of methyl orange using nitrogen-doped TiO2,” Applied Catalysis B, vol. 123-124, no. 1, pp. 414–423, 2012.
- M. Kaneko, J. Nemoto, H. Ueno et al., “Photoelectrochemical reaction of biomass and bio-related compounds with nanoporous TiO2 film photoanode and O2-reducing cathode,” Electrochemistry Communications, vol. 8, no. 2, pp. 336–340, 2006.
- Y. Liu, J. Li, B. Zhou et al., “Efficient electricity production and simultaneously wastewater treatment via a high-performance photocatalytic fuel cell,” Water Research, vol. 45, no. 13, pp. 3991–3998, 2011.
- Y. X. Gan, B. J. Gan, E. Clark, L. Su, and L. Zhang, “Converting environmentally hazardous materials into clean energy using a novel nanostructured photoelectrochemical fuel cell,” Materials Research Bulletin, vol. 47, no. 9, pp. 2380–2388, 2012.
- X. Quan, X. Ruan, H. Zhao, S. Chen, and Y. Zhao, “Photoelectrocatalytic degradation of pentachlorophenol in aqueous solution using a TiO2 nanotube film electrode,” Environmental Pollution, vol. 147, no. 2, pp. 409–414, 2007.
- S. Zhang, H. Zhao, D. Jiang, and R. John, “Photoelectrochemical determination of chemical oxygen demand based on an exhaustive degradation model in a thin-layer cell,” Analytica Chimica Acta, vol. 514, no. 1, pp. 89–97, 2004.
- V. M. Nikale, S. S. Shinde, A. R. Babar, C. H. Bhosale, and K. Y. Rajpure, “Photoelectrochemical performance of sprayed n-CdIn2Se4 photoanodes,” Solar Energy, vol. 85, no. 2, pp. 325–333, 2011.
- S. Zhang, W. Wen, D. Jiang et al., “Photoelectrochemical characterisation of TiO2 thin films derived from microwave hydrothermally processed nanocrystalline colloids,” Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology A, vol. 179, no. 3, pp. 305–313, 2006.
- G. Milczarek, A. Kasuya, S. Mamykin, T. Arai, K. Shinoda, and K. Tohji, “Optimization of a two-compartment photoelectrochemical cell for solar hydrogen production,” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, vol. 28, no. 9, pp. 919–926, 2003.
- F. Hao, H. Lin, J. Zhang, D. Zhuang, Y. Liu, and J. Li, “Influence of iodine concentration on the photoelectrochemical performance of dye-sensitized solar cells containing non-volatile electrolyte,” Electrochimica Acta, vol. 55, no. 24, pp. 7225–7229, 2010.
- P. Lianos, “Production of electricity and hydrogen by photocatalytic degradation of organic wastes in a photoelectrochemical cell. The concept of the Photofuelcell: a review of a re-emerging research field,” Journal of Hazardous Materials, vol. 185, no. 2-3, pp. 575–590, 2011.