- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 687582, 4 pages
The Prevalence of Frontal Cells and Their Relation to Frontal Sinusitis: A Radiological Study of the Frontal Recess Area
1Department of Otolaryngology, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, UK
2Department of Otolaryngology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Alexandria, Egypt
Received 10 June 2013; Accepted 3 July 2013
Academic Editors: M. Sone and C.-H. Wang
Copyright © 2013 Ahmed Z. Eweiss and Hisham S. Khalil. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- P. Y. Musy and S. E. Kountakis, “Anatomic findings in patients undergoing revision endoscopic sinus surgery,” American Journal of Otolaryngology, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 418–422, 2004.
- P. J. Wormald, “The agger nasi cell: the key to understanding the anatomy of the frontal recess,” Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery, vol. 129, no. 5, pp. 497–507, 2003.
- J. M. DelGaudio, P. A. Hudgins, G. Venkatraman, and A. Beningfield, “Multiplanar computed tomographic analysis of frontal recess cells: effect on frontal isthmus size and frontal sinusitis,” Archives of Otolaryngology—Head and Neck Surgery, vol. 131, no. 3, pp. 230–235, 2005.
- V. Lund, “Anatomy of the nose and paranasal sinuses,” in Scott Brown’s Otolaryngology: Basic Sciences, M. Gleeson and A. G. Kerr, Eds., pp. 1–30, Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford, UK, 6th edition, 1997.
- J. P. Schaeffer, “The genesis, development and adult anatomy of the nasofrontal region in man,” American Journal of Anatomy, vol. 20, pp. 125–145, 1916.
- O. E. van Alyea, “Frontal cells: an anatomic study of these cells with consideration of their clinical significance,” Archives of Otolaryngology, vol. 34, pp. 11–23, 1941.
- J. P. Bent, C. Cuilty-Siller, and F. A. Kuhn, “The frontal cell as a cause of frontal sinus obstruction,” American Journal of Rhinology, vol. 8, pp. 185–191, 1994.
- F. A. Kuhn, “Surgery of the frontal sinus,” in Diseases of the Sinuses: Diagnosis and Management, D. W. Kennedy, W. E. Bolger, and S. J. Zinreich, Eds., pp. 281–301, B.C. Decker, London, UK, 2001.
- W. E. Bolger, C. A. Butzin, and D. S. Parsons, “Paranasal sinus bony anatomic variations and mucosal abnormalities: CT analysis for endoscopic sinus surgery,” Laryngoscope, vol. 101, no. 1, pp. 56–64, 1991.
- V. J. Lund and I. S. Mackay, “Staging in rhinosinusitus,” Rhinology, vol. 31, no. 4, pp. 183–184, 1993.
- D. Han, L. Zhang, W. Ge, J. Tao, J. Xian, and B. Zhou, “Multiplanar computed tomographic analysis of the frontal recess region in Chinese subjects without frontal sinus disease symptoms,” ORL, vol. 70, no. 2, pp. 104–112, 2008.
- A. Krzeski, E. Tomaszewska, I. Jakubczyk, and A. Galewicz-Zielińska, “Anatomic variations of the lateral nasal wall in the computed tomography scans of patients with chronic rhinosinusitis,” American Journal of Rhinology, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 371–375, 2001.
- T. K. Meyer, M. Kocak, M. M. Smith, and T. L. Smith, “Coronal computed tomography analysis of frontal cells,” American Journal of Rhinology, vol. 17, no. 3, pp. 163–168, 2003.