- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 698351, 3 pages
The Effect of Varicocelectomy on Sperm Parameters in Subfertile Men with Clinical Varicoceles Who Have Asthenozoospermia or Teratozoospermia with Normal Sperm Density
1Department of Urology, Hisar Intercontinental Hospital, Saray Mahallesi, Siteyolu Caddesi No. 7, Umraniye, 34768 Istanbul, Turkey
2Department of Urology, Maltepe University Medical School, Maltepe, 34844 Istanbul, Turkey
3Department of Infectious Diseases and Clinical Microbiology, Hisar Intercontinental Hospital, Saray Mahallesi, Siteyolu Caddesi No. 7, Umraniye, 34768 Istanbul, Turkey
Received 5 July 2013; Accepted 27 August 2013
Academic Editors: J. S. Elder and G. Haidl
Copyright © 2013 Basri Cakiroglu et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Cocuzza, M. A. Cocuzza, F. M. P. Bragais, and A. Agarwal, “The role of varicocele repair in the new era of assisted reproductive technology,” Clinics, vol. 63, no. 3, pp. 395–404, 2008.
- A. Agarwal, F. Deepinder, M. Cocuzza et al., “Efficacy of varicocelectomy in improving semen parameters: new meta-analytical approach,” Urology, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 532–538, 2007.
- C. G. Blumer, A. E. Restelli, P. T. D. Giudice et al., “Effect of varicocele on sperm function and semen oxidative stress,” BJU International, vol. 109, no. 2, pp. 259–265, 2012.
- A.-F. Abdel-Maguid and I. Othman, “Microsurgical and nonmagnified subinguinal varicocelectomy for infertile men: a comparative study,” Fertility and Sterility, vol. 94, no. 7, pp. 2600–2603, 2010.
- WHO Laboratory Manual for the Examination of Human Semen and Sperm-Cervical Mucus Interaction, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 5th edition, 2010.
- D. A. Paduch and J. Niedzielski, “Repair versus observation in adolescent varicocele: a prospective study,” Journal of Urology, vol. 158, no. 3, pp. 1128–1132, 1997.
- L. Okeke, O. Ikuerowo, I. Chiekwe, B. Etukakpan, O. Shittu, and O. Olapade-Olaopa, “Is varicocelectomy indicated in subfertile men with clinical varicoceles who have asthenospermia or teratospermia and normal sperm density?” International Journal of Urology, vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 729–732, 2007.
- A. Mancini, E. Meucci, D. Milardi et al., “Seminal antioxidant capacity in pre- and postoperative varicocele,” Journal of Andrology, vol. 25, no. 1, pp. 44–49, 2004.
- A. Maciejko, P. Kim, T. Jang, R. E. Brannigan, and W. W. Lin, “Isolated teratospermia: is varicocelectomy indicated?” Journal of Urology, vol. 173, supplement 4, p. 369, 2005.