- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Mathematical Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 705296, 10 pages
A Note on the Unsteady Incompressible MHD Fluid Flow with Slip Conditions and Porous Walls
1Department of Mathematics, Islamia College Chartered University, Peshawar 25000, Pakistan
2Department of Mathematics, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad 45320, Pakistan
Received 16 July 2013; Accepted 3 October 2013
Academic Editors: A. M. Gavrilik and A. Herrera-Aguilar
Copyright © 2013 H. Zaman et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- T. Fang, “A note on the incompressible couette flow with porous walls,” International Communications in Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 31, no. 1, pp. 31–41, 2004.
- H. Schlichting and K. Gersten, Boundary Layer Theory, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 8th edition, 2000.
- A. R. A. Khaled and K. Vafai, “The effect of the slip condition on Stokes and Couette flows due to an oscillating wall: exact solutions,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 39, no. 5, pp. 795–809, 2004.
- T. Hayat, M. Khan, A. M. Siddiqui, and S. Asghar, “Transient flows of a second grade fluid,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 39, no. 10, pp. 1621–1633, 2004.
- M. Ahmad, H. Zaman, and N. Rehman, “Effects of Hall current on unsteady MHD flows of a second grade fluid,” Central European Journal of Physics, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 422–431, 2010.
- M. E. Erdogan, “Note on an unsteady flow of a viscous fluid due to an oscillating plane wall,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 35, no. 1, pp. 1–6, 2000.
- K. R. Crammer and S. I. Pai, Magnetofluid Dynamics for Engineers and Applied Physicists, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1973.
- M. Ayub, H. Zaman, and M. Ahmad, “Series solution of hydromagnetic flow and heat transfer with Hall effect in a second grade fluid over a stretching sheet,” Central European Journal of Physics, vol. 8, no. 1, pp. 135–149, 2010.
- T. Hayat, T. Javed, and Z. Abbas, “MHD flow of a micropolar fluid near a stagnation-point towards a non-linear stretching surface,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 10, no. 3, pp. 1514–1526, 2009.
- T. Hayat, Z. Abbas, and T. Javed, “MHD stagnation point flow and heat transfer over a permeable surface through a porous space,” Journal of Porous Media, vol. 12, no. 2, pp. 183–195, 2009.
- S. Asghar, M. Khan, and T. Hayat, “Magnetohydrodynamic transient flows of a non-newtonian fluid,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 40, no. 5, pp. 589–601, 2005.
- M. Khan, S. Hyder Ali, T. Hayat, and C. Fetecau, “MHD flows of a second grade fluid between two side walls perpendicular to a plate through a porous medium,” International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 43, no. 4, pp. 302–319, 2008.
- M. Khan, S. Asghar, and T. Hayat, “Hall effect on the pipe flow of a Burgers' fluid: an exact solution,” Nonlinear Analysis: Real World Applications, vol. 10, no. 2, pp. 974–979, 2009.
- R. Cortell, “MHD flow and mass transfer of an electrically conducting fluid of second grade in a porous medium over a stretching sheet with chemically reactive species,” Chemical Engineering and Processing, vol. 46, no. 8, pp. 721–728, 2007.
- T. Hayat, H. Zaman, and M. Ayub, “Analytical solution of hydromagnetic flow with Hall effect over a surface stretching with a power-law velocity,” Numerical Methods for Partial Differential Equations, vol. 27, no. 4, pp. 937–959, 2011.
- F. Soltani and Ü. Yilmazer, “Slip velocity and slip layer thickness in flow of concentrated suspensions,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science, vol. 70, no. 3, pp. 515–522, 1998.
- C. Derek, D. C. Tretheway, and C. D. Meinhart, “Apparent fluid slip at hydrophobic microchannel walls,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 14, no. 3, pp. L9–L12, 2002.
- S. Yu and T. A. Ameel, “Slip-flow heat transfer in rectangular microchannels,” International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 44, no. 22, pp. 4225–4234, 2001.
- M. Ayub and H. Zaman, “Analytical solution of orthogonal flow impinging on a wall with suction or blowing,” Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 93–97, 2010.
- M. Khan, Z. Abbas, and T. Hayat, “Analytic solution for flow of Sisko fluid through a porous medium,” Transport in Porous Media, vol. 71, no. 1, pp. 23–37, 2008.
- P. D. Ariel, T. Hayat, and S. Asghar, “The flow of an elastico-viscous fluid past a stretching sheet with partial slip,” Acta Mechanica, vol. 187, no. 1–4, pp. 29–35, 2006.
- A. Raptis, C. Perdikis, and G. Tzivanidis, “Free convection flow through a porous medium bounded by a vertical surface,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 14, no. 7, article 001, pp. L99–L102, 1981.
- A. Raptis, G. Tzivanidis, and N. Kafousias, “Free convection and mass transfer flow through a porous medium bounded by an infinite vertical limiting surface with constant suction,” Letters in Heat and Mass Transfer, vol. 8, no. 5, pp. 417–424, 1981.
- A. Raptis, N. Kafousios, and C. Massalas, “Free convection and mass transfer flow through a porous medium bounded by an infinite vertical porous plate with constant heat flux,” Zeitschrift für Angewandte Mathematik und Mechanik, vol. 62, pp. 489–491, 1982.
- A. A. Raptis, “Unsteady free convective flow through a porous medium,” International Journal of Engineering Science, vol. 21, no. 4, pp. 345–348, 1983.
- R. Penton, “The transient for Stokes oscillating plane: a solution in terms of tabulated functions,” Journal of Fluid Mechanics, vol. 31, pp. 819–825, 1968.
- G. E. Roberts and H. Kaufman, Tables of Laplace Transforms, WB Saunders, Philadelphia, Pa, USA, 1966.