- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 718538, 6 pages
Long-Term Effects of Expiration of Derivatives on Indian Spot Volatility
1Acharya Narendra Dev College, University of Delhi, Delhi 110019, India
2Faculty of Management, University of Delhi, Delhi 110007, India
Received 16 June 2013; Accepted 16 July 2013
Academic Editors: M. T. Leung, S. Managi, and K. P. Upadhyaya
Copyright © 2013 Sunita Narang and Madhu Vij. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- B. S. Bodla and K. Jindal, “Equity derivatives in India: growth pattern and trading volume effects,” ICFAI Journal of Derivatives Markets, vol. 5, pp. 62–82, 2008.
- S. S. Debasish, “Investigating expiration day effects in stock index futures in India,” Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies, vol. 1, pp. 9–19, 2010.
- A. G. Karolyi, “Stock market volatility around expiration days in Japan,” Journal of Derivatives, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 23–43, 1996.
- P. F. Pope and P. K. Yadav, “The impact of option expiration on underlying stocks: the UK evidence,” Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, vol. 19, pp. 329–344, 1992.
- C. Schlag, “Expiration-day effects of stock index derivatives in Germany,” European Financial Management, vol. 2, pp. 69–95, 1996.
- H. R. Stoll and R. E. Whaley, “Expiration-day effects of the all ordinaries share price index futures: empirical evidence and alternative settlement procedures,” Australian Journal of Management, vol. 22, no. 2, pp. 139–174, 1997.
- N. Tripathy, “Expiration and week effect: empirical evidence from the Indian derivative market,” International Review of Business Research Papers, vol. 6, pp. 209–219, 2010.
- V. Vipul, “Futures and options expiration-day effects: the Indian evidence,” The Journal of Futures Markets, vol. 25, no. 11, pp. 1045–1065, 2005.
- H. R. Stoll and R. E. Whaley, Expiration Day Effects of Index Options and Futures, Monograph Series in Finance and Economics, Monograph 1986-3, New York University, 1986.
- H. R. Stoll and R. E. Whaley, “Program trading and expiration-day effects,” Financial Analysts Journal, vol. 43, no. 2, pp. 16–18, 20–28, 1987.
- H. R. Stoll and R. E. Whaley, “Program trading and individual stock returns: ingredients of the triple-witching brew,” The Journal of Business, vol. 63, no. 1, pp. S165–S192, 1990.
- H. R. Stoll and R. E. Whaley, “Expiration-day effects: what has changed?” Financial Analysts Journal, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 58–72, 1991.
- Y.-F. Chow, H. H. M. Yung, and H. Zhang, “Expiration day effects: the case of Hong Kong,” The Journal of Futures Markets, vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 67–86, 2003.
- D. Lien and L. Yang, “Availability and settlement of individual stock futures and options expiration-day effects: evidence from high-frequency data,” The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, vol. 45, no. 4-5, pp. 730–747, 2005.
- H. M. Maniar, R. Bhatt, and D. M. Maniyar, ““Expiration hour effect of futures and options markets on stock market”a case study on NSE (National Stock Exchange of India),” International Review of Economics and Finance, vol. 18, no. 3, pp. 381–391, 2009.
- T. W. Chamberlain, C. S. Cheung, and C. C. Y. Kwan, “Expiration-day effects of index futures and options: some Canadian evidence,” Financial Analysts Journal, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 67–71, 1989.
- M. Illueca and J. A. LaFuente, “New evidence on expiration-day effects using realized volatility: an intraday analysis for the Spanish stock exchange,” The Journal of Futures Markets, vol. 26, no. 9, pp. 923–938, 2006.
- P. Corredor, P. Lechón, and R. Santamaría, “Option-expiration effects in small markets: the Spanish stock exchange,” The Journal of Futures Markets, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 905–928, 2001.
- D. Lien and L. I. Yang, “Options expiration effects and the role of individual share futures contracts,” The Journal of Futures Markets, vol. 23, no. 11, pp. 1107–1118, 2003.
- T. Bollerslev, “Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,” Journal of Econometrics, vol. 31, no. 3, pp. 307–327, 1986.
- F. Black, “Studies in stock price volatility changes,” in Proceedings of the Business Meeting of the Business and Economics Statistics Section, pp. 177–181, American Statistical Association, 1976.
- K. R. French, G. W. Schwert, and R. F. Stambaugh, “Expected stock returns and volatility,” Journal of Financial Economics, vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 3–29, 1987.
- D. B. Nelson, “Conditional Heteroskedasticity in asset returns: a new approach,” Econometrica, vol. 59, pp. 347–370, 1991.
- G. Schwert, “Stock volatility and the crash of “87”,” Review of Financial Studies, vol. 3, pp. 77–102, 1990.
- A. A. Christie, “The stochastic behavior of common stock variances. Value, leverage and interest rate effects,” Journal of Financial Economics, vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 407–432, 1982.
- L. R. Glosten, R. Jagannathan, and D. E. Runkle, “On the relation between the expected value and the volatility of the nominal excess return on stocks,” Journal of Finance, vol. 48, no. 5, pp. 1779–1801, 1983.
- S. Taylor, Modeling Financial Time Series, John Wiley & Sons, New York, NY, USA, 1986.
- G. Schwert, “Why stock market volatility change over time?” Journal of Finance, vol. 44, pp. 1115–1153, 1989.
- A. R. Admati and P. Pfleiderer, “A theory of intraday patterns: volume and price variability,” Review of Financial Studies, vol. 1, pp. 3–40, 1988.
- E. F. Fama, “Multi-period consumption-investment decisions,” American Economic Review, vol. 60, pp. 163–174, 1970.