- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Analytical Chemistry
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 719483, 9 pages
An Approach of Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy to Detect Toxic Metals in Crushed Ice Ball
1Centre of Food Technology, University of Allahabad, Allahabad 211002, India
2Department of Physics, Ewing Christian College, University of Allahabad, Allahabad 211003, India
3Department of Physics, University of Allahabad, Allahabad 211002, India
Received 23 July 2013; Accepted 1 September 2013
Academic Editors: S. Girousi, W. Miao, and T. Michalowski
Copyright © 2013 Rahul Agrawal et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- U. M. Perez and J. Beltran, “Determination of dyes in foodstuffs by capillary zone electrophoresis,” Journal of Chromatography A, vol. 898, no. 2, pp. 271–275, 2000.
- M. Florian, H. Yamanaka, P. A. Carneiro, and M. V. B. Zanoni, “Determination of brilliant blue FCF in the presence and absence of erythrosine and quinoline yellow food colours by cathodic stripping voltammetry,” Food Additives and Contaminants, vol. 19, no. 9, pp. 803–809, 2002.
- S. Dixit, R. C. Pandey, M. Das, and S. K. Khanna, “Food quality surveillance on colours in eatables sold in rural markets of Uttar Pradesh,” Journal of Food Science and Technology, vol. 32, pp. 373–376, 1995.
- M. B. Jacobs, “Coloring matters in foods,” in The Chemical Analysis of Food and Food Products, pp. 103–149, Robert E. Krieger, New York, NY, USA, 1973.
- Colouring matter, in Prevention of Food Adulteration Act of India-1954, pp. 002–116, Law Publishers, Allahabad, India, 2003.
- S. Babu and I. S. Shenolikar, “Health and nutritional implications of food colours,” Indian Journal of Medical Research, vol. 102, pp. 245–249, 1995.
- G. Biswas, S. Sarkar, and T. K. Chatterjee, “Surveillance on artificial colours in food products in Calcutta and adjoining areas,” Journal of Food Science and Technology, vol. 31, pp. 66–67, 1994.
- S. Kakosy, A. Hudak, and M. Narray, “Lead intoxication epidemic caused by ingestion of contaminated ground paprika,” Journal of Toxicology-Clinical Toxicology, vol. 34, no. 5, pp. 507–511, 1996.
- R. V. Bhat and P. Mathur, “Changing scenario of food colours in India,” Current Science, vol. 74, no. 3, pp. 198–202, 1998.
- R. Agrawal, A. K. Pathak, G. K. Rai, and A. K. Rai, “Classification of milk of different origin using LIBS,” Asian Journal of Spectroscopy, special issue, pp. 141–146, 2010.
- M. Tiwari, R. Agrawal, A. K. Pathak, A. K. Rai, and G. K. Rai, “Laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy: an approach to detect adulteration in turmeric,” Spectroscopy Letters, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 155–159, 2013.
- A. Miziolek, W. V. Palleschi, and I. Schechter, Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy: Fundamentals and Applications, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK, 2006.
- R. Agrawal, R. Kumar, S. Rai, A. K. Pathak, A. K. Rai, and G. K. Rai, “LIBS: a quality control tool for food supplements,” Food Biophysics, vol. 6, no. 4, pp. 527–533, 2011.
- S. Pandhija, N. K. Rai, A. K. Rai, and S. N. Thakur, “Contaminant concentration in environmental samples using LIBS and CF-LIBS,” Applied Physics B, vol. 98, no. 1, pp. 231–241, 2010.
- A. K. Pathak, R. Kumar, V. K. Singh, R. Agrawal, S. Rai, and A. K. Rai, “Assessment of LIBS for spectrochemical analysis: a review,” Applied Spectroscopy Reviews, vol. 47, no. 1, pp. 14–40, 2012.
- D. K. Chauhan, D. K. Tripathi, R. Agrawal, and A. K. Rai, “Detection of silicon in wheat (Triticum aestivum) using laser induced breakdown spectroscopy and phytolith analysis,” Journal of Research, SKUAST-J, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 75–79, 2011.
- S. Pandhija and A. K. Rai, “In situ multielemental monitoring in coral skeleton by CF-LIBS,” Applied Physics B, vol. 94, no. 3, pp. 545–552, 2009.
- S. Pandhija and A. K. Rai, “Screening of brick-kiln area soil for determination of heavy metal Pb using LIBS,” Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, vol. 148, no. 1–4, pp. 437–447, 2009.
- R. Kumar, A. K. Rai, D. Alamelu, and S. K. Aggarwal, “Monitoring of toxic elements present in sludge of industrial waste using CF-LIBS,” Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, vol. 185, no. 1, pp. 171–180, 2013.
- D. Sun, M. Su, C. Dong, D. Zhang, and X. Ma, “A semi-quantitative analysis of essential micronutrient in folium lycii using laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy technique,” Plasma Science and Technology, vol. 12, no. 4, pp. 478–481, 2010.
- National Institute of Standards and Technology, “Electronic database,” http://physics.nist.gov/PhysRefData/ASD/lines_form.html.
- R. E. Russo, X. L. Mao, J. H. Yoo, and J. J. Gonzalez, “Laser ablation,” in Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy, J. P. Singh and S. N. Thakur, Eds., pp. 49–82, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2007.
- H. R. Griem, “Validity of local thermal equilibrium in plasma spectroscopy,” Physical Review, vol. 131, no. 3, pp. 1170–1176, 1963.
- H. R. Griem, Plasma Spectroscopy, McGraw-Hill, New York, NY, USA, 1964.
- S. Eliezer, A. D. Krumbein, and D. Salzmann, “A generalised validity condition for local thermodynamic equilibrium in a laser-produced plasma,” Journal of Physics D, vol. 11, no. 12, pp. 1693–1701, 1978.
- S. N. Thakur, “Atomic emission spectroscopy,” in Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy, J. P. Singh and S. N. Thakur, Eds., pp. 23–48, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2007.