- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Recently Accepted Articles ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Materials Science
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 732974, 4 pages
Synthesis of Co Filled Carbon Nanotubes by In Situ Reduction of CoCl2 Filled Nanotubes by NaBH4
Amity Institute of Nanotechnology, Amity University, Sector 125, Noida, 201313 UP, India
Received 13 May 2013; Accepted 13 June 2013
Academic Editors: V. Baranauskas and S. X. Dou
Copyright © 2013 J. Mittal. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- H. Dai, J. H. Hafner, A. G. Rinzler, D. T. Colbert, and R. E. Smalley, “Nanotubes as nanoprobes in scanning probe microscopy,” Nature, vol. 384, no. 6605, pp. 147–150, 1996.
- S. J. Tans, A. R. M. Verschueren, and C. Dekker, “Room-temperature transistor based on a single carbon nanotube,” Nature, vol. 393, no. 6680, pp. 49–52, 1998.
- P. G. Collins, A. Zettl, H. Bando, A. Thess, and R. E. Smalley, “Nanotube nanodevice,” Science, vol. 278, no. 5335, pp. 100–102, 1997.
- W. A. De Heer, A. Châtelain, and D. Ugarte, “A carbon nanotube field-emission electron source,” Science, vol. 270, no. 5239, pp. 1179–1180, 1995.
- S. Fan, M. G. Chapline, N. R. Franklin, T. W. Tombler, A. M. Cassell, and H. Dai, “Self-oriented regular arrays of carbon nanotubes and their field emission properties,” Science, vol. 283, no. 5401, pp. 512–514, 1999.
- M. A. Burns, B. N. Johnson, S. N. Brahmasandra et al., “An integrated nanoliter DNA analysis device,” Science, vol. 282, no. 5388, pp. 484–487, 1998.
- M. Monthioux, “Filling single-wall carbon nanotubes,” Carbon, vol. 40, no. 10, pp. 1809–1823, 2002.
- J. Mittal and K. L. Lin, “Connecting carbon nanotubes using Sn,” Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 1–7, 2013.
- G. Lota, E. Frackowiak, J. Mittal, and M. Monthioux, “High performance supercapacitor from chromium oxide-nanotubes based electrodes,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 434, no. 1–3, pp. 73–77, 2007.
- J. Mittal, M. Monthioux, H. Allouche, and O. Stephan, “Room temperature filling of single-wall carbon nanotubes with chromium oxide in open air,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 339, no. 5-6, pp. 311–318, 2001.
- U. Wiedwald and P. Ziemann, “Preparation, properties and applications of magnetic nanoparticles,” Beilstein Journal of Nanotechnology, vol. 1, pp. 21–23, 2010.
- D. Bahadur, J. Giri, B. B. Nayak et al., “Processing, properties and some novel applications of magnetic nanoparticles,” Pramana, vol. 65, no. 4, pp. 663–679, 2005.
- Y.-J. Kang, J. Choi, C.-Y. Moon, and K. J. Chang, “Electronic and magnetic properties of single-wall carbon nanotubes filled with iron atoms,” Physical Review B, vol. 71, no. 11, Article ID 115441, 2005.
- S. Karmakar, P. K. Tyagi, D. S. Misra, and S. M. Sharma, “Pressure-induced phase transitions in cobalt-filled multiwalled carbon nanotubes,” Physical Review B, vol. 73, no. 18, Article ID 184119, 2006.
- S. Karmakar, S. M. Sharma, M. D. Mukadam, S. M. Yusuf, and A. K. Sood, “Magnetic behavior of iron-filled multiwalled carbon nanotubes,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 97, no. 5, Article ID 054306, 2005.
- S. Karmakar, S. M. Sharma, P. V. Teredesai, and A. K. Sood, “Pressure-induced phase transitions in iron-filled carbon nanotubes: X-ray diffraction studies,” Physical Review B, vol. 69, no. 16, Article ID 165414, p. 1, 2004.
- A. Leonhardt, M. Ritschel, R. Kozhuharova et al., “Synthesis and properties of filled carbon nanotubes,” Diamond and Related Materials, vol. 12, no. 3-7, pp. 790–793, 2003.
- C. Guerret-Piécourt, Y. Le Bouar, A. Loiseau, and H. Pascard, “Relation between metal electronic structure and morphology of metal compounds inside carbon nanotubes,” Nature, vol. 372, no. 6508, pp. 761–765, 1994.
- Y. Yosida, S. Shida, T. Ohsuna, and N. Shiraga, “Synthesis, identification, and growth mechanism of Fe, Ni, and Co crystals encapsulated in multiwalled carbon nanocages,” Journal of Applied Physics, vol. 76, no. 8, pp. 4533–4539, 1994.
- P. M. Ajayan and S. Lijima, “Capillarity-induced filling of carbon nanotubes,” Nature, vol. 361, no. 6410, pp. 333–334, 1993.
- P. J. F. Harris and S. C. Tsang, “A simple technique for the synthesis of filled carbon nanoparticles,” Chemical Physics Letters, vol. 293, no. 1-2, pp. 53–58, 1998.
- T. Hayashi, S. Hirono, M. Tomita, and S. Umemura, “Magnetic thin films of cobalt nanocrystals encapsulated in graphite- like carbon,” Nature, vol. 381, no. 6585, pp. 772–774, 1996.
- P. E. Nolan, D. C. Lynch, and A. H. Cutler, “Catalytic disproportionation of CO in the absence of hydrogen: encapsulating shell carbon formation,” Carbon, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 477–483, 1994.
- Z. J. Liu, Z. Y. Yuan, W. Zhou, Z. Xu, and L. M. Peng, “Controlled synthesis of carbon-encapsulated Co nanoparticles by CVD,” Advanced Materials, vol. 13, no. 21, pp. 248–251, 2001.
- G. N. Glavee, K. J. Klabunde, C. M. Sorensen, and G. C. Hadjapanayis, “Borohydride reductions of metal ions. A new understanding of the chemistry leading to nanoscale particles of metals, borides, and metal borates,” Langmuir, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 771–773, 1992.
- C. A. Brown and V. K. Ahuja, “Catalytic hydrogenation. VI. The reaction of sodium borohydride with nickel salts in ethanol solution. P-2 nickel, a highly convenient, new, selective hydrogenation catalyst with great sensitivity to substrate structure,” Journal of Organic Chemistry, vol. 38, no. 12, pp. 2226–2230, 1973.