- About this Journal ·
- Abstracting and Indexing ·
- Advance Access ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 752792, 6 pages
The Predictive Value of Cystatin C in Monitoring of B Non-Hodgkin Lymphomas: Relation to Biochemical and Clinical Parameters
1Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Tuzla, 75000 Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
2Clinic for Oncology, Haematology and Radiotherapy, University Clinical Centre Tuzla, 75000 Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina
3Chair of Pharmaceutical Biology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Ljubljana, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
4Department of Biotechnology, Jožef Stefan Institute, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Received 11 July 2013; Accepted 13 August 2013
Academic Editors: G. Gatti and G. E. Kim
Copyright © 2013 A. Softić et al. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- M. Abrahamson, A. J. Barrett, G. Salvesen, and A. Grubb, “Isolation of six cysteine proteinase inhibitors from human urine. Their physicochemical and enzyme kinetic properties and concentrations in biological fluids,” Journal of Biological Chemistry, vol. 261, no. 24, pp. 11282–11289, 1986.
- Y. M. C. Henskens, E. C. L. Veerman, and A. V. N. Amerongen, “Cystatins in health disease,” Biological Chemistry Hoppe-Seyler, vol. 377, no. 2, pp. 71–86, 1996.
- P. Pierre and I. Mellman, “Developmental regulation of invariant chain proteolysis controls MHC class II trafficking in mouse dendritic cells,” Cell, vol. 93, no. 7, pp. 1135–1145, 1998.
- O. Simonsen, A. Grubb, and H. Thysell, “The blood serum concentration of cystatin C (γ-trace) as a measure of the glomerular filtration rate,” Scandinavian Journal of Clinical and Laboratory Investigation, vol. 45, no. 2, pp. 97–101, 1985.
- J. Kos, M. Krašovec, N. Cimerman, H. J. Nielsen, I. J. Christensen, and N. Brünner, “Cysteine proteinase inhibitors stefin A, stefin B, and cystatin C in sera from patients with colorectal cancer: relation to prognosis,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 505–511, 2000.
- I. Zore, M. Krašovec, N. Cimerman et al., “Cathepsin B/cystatin C complex levels in sera from patients with lung and colorectal cancer,” Biological Chemistry, vol. 382, no. 5, pp. 805–810, 2001.
- J. Kos, B. Štabuc, A. Schweiger et al., “Cathepsins B, H, and L and their inhibitors stefin A and cystatin C in sera of melanoma patients,” Clinical Cancer Research, vol. 3, no. 10, pp. 1815–1822, 1997.
- A. Mulaomerović, A. Halilbašić, E. Čičkušić, T. Zavašnik-Bergant, L. Begić, and J. Kos, “Cystatin C as a potential marker for relapse in patients with non-Hodgkin B-cell lymphoma,” Cancer Lett, vol. 248, pp. 192–197, 2007.
- H. A. Preti, F. Cabanillas, M. Talpaz, S. L. Tucker, J. F. Seymour, and R. Kurzrock, “Prognostic value of serum interleukin-6 in diffuse large-cell lymphona,” Annals of Internal Medicine, vol. 127, no. 3, pp. 186–194, 1997.
- N. Cimerman, P. M. Brguljan, M. Krašovec, S. Šuškovič, and J. Kos, “Serum cystatin C, a potent inhibitor of cysteine proteinases, is elevated in asthmatic patients,” Clinica Chimica Acta, vol. 300, no. 1-2, pp. 83–95, 2000.
- L. Risch, R. Herklotz, A. Blumberg, and A. R. Huber, “Effects of glucocorticoid immunosuppression on serum cystatin C concentrations in renal transplant patients,” Clinical Chemistry, vol. 47, no. 11, pp. 2055–2059, 2001.
- T. Gruev, K. Chakalarovski, O. Stojceva-Taneva, A. Grueva, and K. Trenceva, “Effects of glucocorticoid immunosuppression on serum cystatin C levels,” Journal of Medical Biochemistry, vol. 28, no. 3, pp. 191–196, 2009.
- A. Avilés, B. R. Narváez, J. C. Díaz-Maqueo, R. Guzmán, A. Talavera, and E. L. García, “Value of serum beta 2 microglobulin as an indicator of early relapse in diffuse large cell lymphoma,” Leukemia & Lymphoma, vol. 9, no. 4-5, pp. 377–380, 1993.
- J. Azocar, M. Essex, and A. Watson, “Changes in the expression of HLA and β2-microglobulin by cultured lymphoid cells,” Human Immunology, vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 283–293, 1982.
- H. Hagberg, A. Killander, and B. Simonsson, “Serum β2-microglobulin in malignant lymphoma,” Cancer, vol. 51, no. 12, pp. 2220–2225, 1983.
- M. Legros, J. Ferriere, Y. Bignon, P. Chollet, G. Gaillard, and R. Plagne, “Serum β2 microglobulin: a good prognosis indicator in non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma,” Proceedings of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), vol. 6, article 748, 1987.
- P. W. M. Johnson, J. Whelan, S. Longhurst et al., “β-2 microglobulin: a prognostic factor in diffuse aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphomas,” British Journal of Cancer, vol. 67, no. 4, pp. 792–797, 1993.
- M. A. Shipp, “Prognostic factors in aggressive non-Hodgkin's lymphoma: who has “high- risk” disease?” Blood, vol. 83, no. 5, pp. 1165–1173, 1994.
- M.-M. Galteau, M. Guyon, R. Gueguen, and G. Siest, “Determination of serum cystatin C: biological variation and reference values,” Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, vol. 39, no. 9, pp. 850–857, 2001.
- B. Majello, R. Arcone, C. Toniatti, and G. Ciliberto, “Constitutive and IL-6-induced nuclear factors that interact with the human C-reactive protein promoter,” EMBO Journal, vol. 9, no. 2, pp. 457–465, 1990.
- E. Legouffe, C. Rodriguez, M. C. Picot et al., “C-reactive protein serum level is a valuable and simple prognostic marker in non Hodgkin's lymphoma,” Leukemia and Lymphoma, vol. 31, no. 3-4, pp. 351–357, 1998.
- J. F. Seymour, M. Talpaz, F. Cabanillas, M. Wetzler, and R. Kurzrock, “Serum interleukin-6 levels correlate with prognosis in diffuse large-cell lymphoma,” Journal of Clinical Oncology, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 575–582, 1995.