- About this Journal ·
- Aims and Scope ·
- Article Processing Charges ·
- Articles in Press ·
- Author Guidelines ·
- Bibliographic Information ·
- Citations to this Journal ·
- Contact Information ·
- Editorial Board ·
- Editorial Workflow ·
- Free eTOC Alerts ·
- Publication Ethics ·
- Reviewers Acknowledgment ·
- Submit a Manuscript ·
- Subscription Information ·
- Table of Contents
ISRN Mathematical Physics
Volume 2013 (2013), Article ID 759274, 5 pages
Kantowski-Sachs String Cosmological Model with Bulk Viscosity in General Scalar Tensor Theory of Gravitation
Department of Applied Mathematics, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradish 530003, India
Received 8 April 2013; Accepted 8 May 2013
Academic Editors: N. E. Bjerrum-Bohr, P. Hogan, and M. Znojil
Copyright © 2013 V. U. M. Rao and D. Neelima. This is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
- K. Nordtvedt, Jr., “Post-Newtonian metric for a general class of scalar-tensor gravitational theories and observational consequences,” The Astrophysical Journal, vol. 161, pp. 1059–1067, 1970.
- P. Jordan, Schwerkraft und Weltall, Friedch Vieweg and Sohn, Braunschweig, Germany, 1955.
- C. Brans and R. H. Dicke, “Mach's principle and a relativistic theory of gravitation,” Physical Review, vol. 124, pp. 925–935, 1961.
- B. M. Barker, “General scalar-tensor theory of gravity with constant G,” The Astrophysical Journal, vol. 219, pp. 5–11, 1978.
- V. A. Ruban and A. M. Finkelstein, “Generalization of the Taub-Kazner cosmological metric in the scalar-tensor gravitation theory,” Lettere Al Nuovo Cimento, vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 289–293, 1972.
- A. Banerjee and N. O. Santos, “Homogeneous radiation-filled universe in general scalar tensor theory,” Journal of Physics A, vol. 14, no. 10, pp. 2829–2835, 1981.
- A. Banerjee and N. O. Santos, “Homogeneous cosmological model in general scalar-tensor theory,” Physical Review D, vol. 23, no. 10, pp. 2111–2115, 1981.
- K. Shanti and V. U. M. Rao, “Conformally flat static space-time in the general scalar-tensor theory of gravitation,” Astrophysics and Space Science, vol. 162, no. 1, pp. 163–165, 1989.
- K. Shanthi and V. U. M. Rao, “Bianchi type-VI° cosmological model in the general scalar-tensor theory of gravitation,” Astrophysics and Space Science, vol. 172, no. 1, pp. 83–88, 1990.
- V. U. M. Rao and G. S. D. Kumari, “A cosmological model with negative constant deceleration parameter in a general scalar-tensor theory of gravitation,” International Journal of Theoretical Physics, vol. 51, no. 1, pp. 311–315, 2012.
- V. U. M. Rao, S. G. Kumari, and B. J. M. Rao, “Kaluza-Klein radiating model in a general scalar-tensor theory,” Astrophysics and Space Science, vol. 337, no. 2, pp. 795–798, 2012.
- R. Kantowski and R. K. Sachs, “Some spatially homogeneous anisotropic relativistic cosmological models,” Journal of Mathematical Physics, vol. 7, no. 3, pp. 443–446, 1966.
- E. A. Follett and T. H. Pennington, “Antiviral effect of constituent parts of the rifampicin molecule,” Nature, vol. 230, no. 5289, pp. 117–118, 1971.
- X.-X. Wang, “Kantowski-Sachs string cosmological model with bulk viscosity in general relativity,” Astrophysics and Space Science, vol. 298, no. 3, pp. 433–440, 2005.
- S. P. Kandalkar, P. P. Khade, and S. P. Gawande, “Kantowski-Sachs viscous fluid cosmological model with a varying,” Turkish Journal of Physics, vol. 33, pp. 155–165, 2009.
- S. P. Kandalkar, A. P. Wasnik, and S. P. Gawande, “String cosmology in Kantowski Sachs space-time with bulk viscosity and magnetic field,” Journal of Vectorial Relativity, vol. 2, pp. 57–64, 2011.
- V. U. M. Rao, G. S. D. Kumari, and K. V. S. Sireesha, “Anisotropic universe with cosmic strings and bulk viscosity in a scalar-tensor theory of gravitation,” Astrophysics and Space Science, vol. 335, no. 2, pp. 635–638, 2011.
- V. U. M. Rao, K. V. S. Sireesha, and M. V. Santhi, “Bianchi types II, VIII, and IX string cosmological models with bulk viscosity in a theory of gravitation,” ISRN Mathematical Physics, vol. 2012, Article ID 341612, 15 pages, 2012.
- V. U. M. Rao and K. V. S. Sireesha, “Bianchi types II, VIII and IX string cosmological models with bulk viscosity in Brans-Dicke theory of gravitation,” International Journal of Theoretical Physics, vol. 51, no. 10, pp. 3013–3020, 2012.
- G. Lyra, “Über eine Modifikation der Riemannschen Geometrie,” Mathematische Zeitschrift, vol. 54, pp. 52–64, 1951.
- J. Schwinger, Particles, Sources and Fields, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass, USA, 1970.